The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Albert Bartlett 2020

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2020 Albert Bartlett 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 422

Watched the Andy Dusfrene race again this morning. I really think he is the real deal. He looks a straightforward ride, settles well, travels strongly and jumps quickly and accurately. Still early days I suppose but it is going to take a good one to beat him.

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 702

Agree on Andy Dufresne; very impressive. Think he’s a Ballymore horse though. You need to have a lot of experience to win the Albert Bartlett. Last two years was different because there was soft ground but in general the ground is usually quick enough on the Friday of Cheltenham and young inexperienced novices tend to cut their throats by going too fast. I’d be looking at horses with at least 10 career starts for this race.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1792

In the paper elliot says mark Walsh told him after the race andy dufresne has plenty of pace and would even handle 2 miles

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

I couldn’t have him over this trip at all at this stage in his career.

Would imagine if all went well Envoi would maybe go Supreme & this chap Ballymore, especially with Malone Road struggling to remain fit. JP & Frank will have their way anyway but GE would like them split you’d think.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1792

He has abracadbras for the supreme too

He really has an embarrassment of riches at this stage

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

That beast will get found out once he has to battle IYAM. Very quirky.

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

Andy carried himself in a way that was just different from the folk around here

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1851

Added Thyme Hill 20s and Blue Sari 25s.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17609

Had a small bet on Midnight Run today at 25’s.

I think he’ll go Ballymore, but I’ll still have a bigger top up here once NRNB kicks in.

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 702

Albert Bartlett for me is a race to stay away from Ante Post. The point of backing a horse in the Ante Post market is that you get a better price; the winner of the Albert Bartlett always goes off a double figure price and it’s usually a sub 140 horse that has loads of experience and can settle well on quick ground. It’s not a race for classy Novices like Andy Dufresne or Fury Road or Midnight Run. Obviously the last two years we’ve had soft and heavy ground but usually it’s quick ground and a 140 rated unspectacular slogger of a horse with loads of experience wins at a big price

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17609

I actually agree with that Vautour, which is strange given my previous post.

When it comes to the Novice Hurdlers at this stage of the season, I’m only betting very small amounts, and even with introduction of NRNB, that’s not going to change too much.

I’ll make the odd exception, usually in The Ballymore after New Year, but couldn’t argue with your stance on this race.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

Took a little bit of 16s about Thyme Hill. He’s battle-hardened, has a bit of pace but also stays all day.

Definitely a bit of Fingal Bay about him who also won Saturdays race, won the Challow and then was well fancied for this before picking up an injury pre-cheltenham.

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

I know he hasnt beat much yet but FURY ROAD looks a proper stayer, He won today at a canter 2m 4f soft ground looked no trouble..With the after race comments aswell, I would say there is only one main nag Elliot should send here.

“He could step right out to three miles if we wanted, and he jumps very well.

“He could go for the three-mile race at Limerick or the Lawlor’s race at Naas. He’s a big, staying horse.”

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2581

I’m pleased they haven’t overreacted too much with Fury Road after today, he beat trees. 116 rated in 2nd.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1851

Cashed out Blue Sari and swapped with Fury Road 16-1

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.