The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Albert Bartlett 2020

Home Forums Cheltenham 2020 Albert Bartlett 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Pontisback
    Participant
    • Total Posts 72

I see there isn’t a thread for this yet, so here it is!

I’ve been a huge fan of Fury Road since his P2P days, I was a little disappointed with him last year in bumpers, although you could see the promise in his final 2 races, he was always going to be better over obstacles. This afternoon he made his hurdling debut at Down Royal over 2m6f, he duly bolted up by 18 lengths with a further 9 back to 3rd, with the rest of the field spread-eagled. One could only be impressed with such a performance, he jumped well in the main, perhaps a little large (Fences are where his future lies, RSA 2021 winner!). Front ran in the main, he put the field to the sword down the back straight and had this won 3 out, drawing further and further clear to win completely unextended.

Gordon Elliot had this to say after his debut today “We thought Fury Road was a machine in his bumpers, but we had to give him an operation”

Admittedly the opposition today was probably dreadful, the 16s widely available for this look decent. Serious after timing I know, but I had a little on at 33s before today.

Keep an eye out for El Barra, who Fury Road beat in his P2P, owned by Rich Ricci and trained by Willie Mullins, he should be a high-class novice hurdler this year as well.

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

Yes mate good shout, Like you said it didn’t really take alot of winning but the manner of it was very good. Elliots comments suggests he wants the trip aswell so one to take note of!

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 239

Have backed Thyme Hill 25/1EW small stake.He looks very smart and Taylor made for this race. Hobbs might send him here as well

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1464

I’ve backed Andy Dufresne 20s for this just in case he comes here. He’s entered in all 3 novice events and I have cash out option so see how he goes today.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 281

That was good from Andy Dusfrene. Life will obviously get tougher but I thought he jumped extremely well for a horse having his first run over hurdles.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17028

Yeah, agree Cork, took the 20’s beforehand, but only for small stake, happy to top up at 16’s afterwards. Also took 25’s Ballymore, but think this will be the plan.

Been looking forward to him for some time. Keep the novice Hurdlers to a bare minimum Antepost, but that was impressive.

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1196

What price the Elliott yard winning all three main novice hurdles at the festival? Abacadabras in the Supreme, Envoi Allen in the Ballymore and Andy Dufresne in this.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1464

He’s been on my radar all year since he won his bumper and am on him for all 3 races at the festival at this stage. Could go 2m up to 3m whatever he wants. But impossible to know where with trainer having so many novices.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1464

Think Mullins will have a few up his sleeve Gladiateur so wouldn’t take a price on that.

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1196

Oh, there’s no doubt he will, Mike.

But they’ll have to be very good to rival Gordon’s trio, who have all looked potential top-notchers so far.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1464

Interestingly, Elliott just said he wont be going up in trip with AD. 2 and a half or 2 miles he said.

For how long though I dunno.

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 281

Sounds like you have a good bet VTC. I am not much of an ante post punter but I am tempted after that performance.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1464

Unless you have cash out option you will need a crystal ball Cork All Star. :yes:

DBRDBRDBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 433

Cracking performance bij Andy Dufresne. Gordon got some future stars to divide.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17028

Cheers Cork.

I love an Antepost punt, but significantly less this year, both in numbers, and money put down.

Trying to wait as long as possible, well at least until proper NRNB comes in.

Happy enough with those prices, but have to be careful. I reckon the 25’s for The Ballymore will be wasted, as I think he’ll come here.

I don’t go in heavy on Novice Hurdlers at this stage anyway, too many options to guess at, but I was blown away by him today. It was as good a debut over Hurdles as I can remember.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.