Albert Bartlett 2020

Home Forums Cheltenham 2020 Albert Bartlett 2020

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 801

My three Ante Post bets in the race are:

Thyme Hill @ 14/1
    The Big Breakaway @ 25/1
    Latest Exhibition EW @ 66/1

Thyme Hill is fairly obvious and I would be confident he heads here and not the Ballymore.

I backed The Big Breakaway before Chepstow assuming a good performance would see his price halve. He looked a complete and utter weapon and I am surprised 20/1 is still widely available. Forget what he beat and look at the manner in which he did it. Effortless.

The one that people probably aren’t paying much attention to is Latest Exhibition. James Nolan said it’s unlikely they will step Latest Exhibition up to 3m before the Albert Bartlett but make no mistake, that is their long term plan. Beat Thatsy over 2m on debut which surprised the Nolans and ran a credible second to Abacadabras over an inadequate trip. The form of those races is looking pretty good with Thatsy winning since. They really like this horse and at 66/1 he’s the right price to take a punt on IMO.

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 238

I would also fancy The BIG BREAKAWAY if he tunred up here, but he is still only 4. My concern is they might mind him this year and send him to the BALLYMORE, as this race can break some young undeveloped horses.

20/1 is fair, but i will hold off to see what trip hes entered next time

Woolly Jumper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 21

Any opinions on Valtor for the potato race?

Won a novice hurdle recently over 2.6 and entered in the trial over the weekend.

A 160 rated chaser who would fit the profile of previous winners, stamina not in doubt and plenty of experience but maybe a little long in the tooth.

Is 33/1 with 365 worth a nibble I wonder? Should probably wait until decs are out tomorrow to see if he will run at the weekend or not but if he does go this route could well be a player against younger softer novices.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16473

Almost identical post here for me, as I just did on Ballymore thread, only difference being I cashed out, rather than laid off….

I’ve trimmed my Cheltenham bets over the last few days, decided to get out of most of them, and wait for NRNB.

The one I thought I wouldn’t have to worry about was Andy Dufresne, but cashed out today for a (very) small profit.

Not completely given up on him, I really did think he was exceptional last time, but I thought that was tame today.

Happy to get out ahead with him for now.

Still have Midnight Run for this, but only because I can’t cash out or lay off.

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 238

For my Second bullet I have BIG BREAKAWAY 20/1 EW with BET365 CASHOUT OPTION is key.

:bye:

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.