The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Albert Bartlett 2020

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2020 Albert Bartlett 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 804

My three Ante Post bets in the race are:

Thyme Hill @ 14/1
    The Big Breakaway @ 25/1
    Latest Exhibition EW @ 66/1

Thyme Hill is fairly obvious and I would be confident he heads here and not the Ballymore.

I backed The Big Breakaway before Chepstow assuming a good performance would see his price halve. He looked a complete and utter weapon and I am surprised 20/1 is still widely available. Forget what he beat and look at the manner in which he did it. Effortless.

The one that people probably aren’t paying much attention to is Latest Exhibition. James Nolan said it’s unlikely they will step Latest Exhibition up to 3m before the Albert Bartlett but make no mistake, that is their long term plan. Beat Thatsy over 2m on debut which surprised the Nolans and ran a credible second to Abacadabras over an inadequate trip. The form of those races is looking pretty good with Thatsy winning since. They really like this horse and at 66/1 he’s the right price to take a punt on IMO.

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 239

I would also fancy The BIG BREAKAWAY if he tunred up here, but he is still only 4. My concern is they might mind him this year and send him to the BALLYMORE, as this race can break some young undeveloped horses.

20/1 is fair, but i will hold off to see what trip hes entered next time

Woolly Jumper
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

Any opinions on Valtor for the potato race?

Won a novice hurdle recently over 2.6 and entered in the trial over the weekend.

A 160 rated chaser who would fit the profile of previous winners, stamina not in doubt and plenty of experience but maybe a little long in the tooth.

Is 33/1 with 365 worth a nibble I wonder? Should probably wait until decs are out tomorrow to see if he will run at the weekend or not but if he does go this route could well be a player against younger softer novices.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17329

Almost identical post here for me, as I just did on Ballymore thread, only difference being I cashed out, rather than laid off….

I’ve trimmed my Cheltenham bets over the last few days, decided to get out of most of them, and wait for NRNB.

The one I thought I wouldn’t have to worry about was Andy Dufresne, but cashed out today for a (very) small profit.

Not completely given up on him, I really did think he was exceptional last time, but I thought that was tame today.

Happy to get out ahead with him for now.

Still have Midnight Run for this, but only because I can’t cash out or lay off.

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 239

For my Second bullet I have BIG BREAKAWAY 20/1 EW with BET365 CASHOUT OPTION is key.

:bye:

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1637

Have been hovering over this since the weekend but gonna have to go in now with him getting a positive mention on the road to cheltenham

33/1 ramses de teille

I always hear people say you need to have loads of experience and be a dour stayer to run well in this

Well this horses fits that mould perfectly

Only a small bet but thinks hes worth a few pennies at the price, it will be tough for any of the flashier inexperienced types to out battle this lad

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17329

I’m close to taking that myself FF, I think it’s a great price.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1637

Pipe on the horse

“The Albert Bartlett novices’ hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival could be on the agenda, whilst he will be given an entry in the Grand National tomorrow and he is worthy of his place at either festival. He is a high class horse and if the ground were to come up heavy, it would be no surprise to see him run well.”

Youd think he will only run with cut in the ground

But with the cash out and him likely to shorten in price can be easy to get out of the bet once we are closer to the race and get a reliable weather forecast

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3028

Colreevy is a tough looking mare who I think could do with the trip. I’ve had a bit on at 40s ew NRNB with b365.

Running ReinRunning Rein
    Participant
    • Total Posts 186

I watched the Mercedes-Benz Novice Hurdle from Punchestown this afternoon (Allaho beat Minella Indo in the race last year) and after the race both the winner Run Wild Fred and the second Lord Royal can be backed at NRNB 33/1 for the Bartlett.
    Both look seriously overpriced for each-way betting with the NRNB terms. I have helped myself.

DBRDBRDBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

Latest Exhibition at 66s is a fantastic price Charlie! I like him too, but only got him ten times shorter. Also a little saver on Ramses de Teilee to stay one and the Cashel Man at 33/1.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3028

More ew outsiders

Harry Senior 20s
    Aione 40s
    Cat Tiger 80s

Tizzard not doing great this week but sometimes one of his goes against the grain at the end of the festival. Sporting John form taken a knock but I suspect SJ not quite right this week, he never went a yard. I really like the look of Harry for next year’s RSA too.

Mullins wasn’t going to send Aione initially. Ricci normally leaves him alone so if he changed his mind- as with Burning Victory- there may be a good reason. Perhaps he also is hurdling better since his last race- he is another future chaser I’ve got my eye on.

I’d love Maxwell to ride a G1 winner here, he’d probably die of happiness. He is buying good horses- this one cost a few bob , has experience and is bred to get a trip- and the AB should be less of a tactical riding test than the likes of the Ballymore.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1722

Thyme Hill 20-1 ew, Latest Exhibition 8-1 ew.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

Done Thyme Hill and Sempo.
    Haven’t done Rameses today, but a good performance would be nice as he’s my Grand National ante-post bet.

value is everything
    GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

Was the interference deliberate?

value is everything
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.