The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,055 through 1,071 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Congratulations in snapping the thread’s losing run Gord. Onwards and upwards from now.

Cheers Ginge!
    This thread will end one year from the day I started it,whether it ends in profit or not depends whether I actually post Winners like

Grand Crus

winning this seasons Paddy Power and

Bobs Worth

doing the same in the Hennessey! I’ve been backing the former for the King George since April however he was always going to meet his match in

Silvianico Conti

come the day,having backed both at 8/1,one 6 months ago the other 6 hrs ago I’m happy but whether they make it onto here is down to me! :wink:
    Incidentally half of my 10 to follow all have Collateral form through the ‘Feltham’,thats how highly I rate the form.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve kept a close eye on the 2yo’s this Flat season and obviously the horse who ties in a lot of collateral form through

Dawn Approach

is this

Artigiano

of Godolphins and being stoutly Dirt bred I can see him troubling the big horse ‘Dundonell’ tonight in the Grade 1 juvenile at Santa anita,in fact through the highly regarded ‘Steeler’ there’s only a Gnats cod to seperate them! However the betting shows ‘Artigiano’ to be almost 3 times the price of the Fav ‘Dundonell’!!I’ve taken a chance on Frankies mount!

Artigiano

£100 e/w 8/1 Stan James Breeders Cup Juvenile.

The horse that franks the Best

Dawn approach

form….The Dewhurst! Only goes and wins at 9/1!! :oops: :oops:

George Vancouver

Bloody Numpty me!! :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

We don’t always disagree Gord. :lol: I too am on Grands Crus for both Paddy Power @ 9/2 and King George @ 8/1. Also saved on Silviniaco Conti (on wednesday) for the latter @ 14/1. However, Long Run should not be under-estimated, also saved on him @ 4’s. I’ll ask Nicky Henderson on Wednesday whether the ear plugs will be re-applied. When Long Run improves greatly in them to win a King George and Gold Cup; why the xxxx take them out for the following King George and Gold Cup? I suspect Nicky knew he was never in the same form last season and was trying something different to get him back. The horse is young enough to bounce back if jumping holds up.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ll ask Nicky Henderson on Wednesday whether the ear plugs will be re-applied. When Long Run improves greatly in them to win a King George and Gold Cup; why the xxxx take them out for the following King George and Gold Cup?

[attachment=0:84pszwaw]2zydjte.jpg[/attachment:84pszwaw]

Interesting you mention the ear Plugs Ginge as he clearly wore them at Newbury last February as the superb picture of mine shows!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

I’ll ask Nicky Henderson on Wednesday whether the ear plugs will be re-applied. When Long Run improves greatly in them to win a King George and Gold Cup; why the xxxx take them out for the following King George and Gold Cup?

[attachment=0:38a6ngu4]2zydjte.jpg[/attachment:38a6ngu4]

Interesting you mention the ear Plugs Ginge as he clearly wore them at Newbury last February as the superb picture of mine shows!

Long Run always wears ear plugs in the preliminaries Gord, but SWC took them out at the start. They need to be declared if running in them. If so, they’re not allowed to take them out mid-race.

Looks like SWC is wearing the ear plugs as ear rings in that pic. :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Do you honestly believe Ear Plugs make the difference between

Long Runs

successful year to his less than successful one last season Ginge?

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Do you honestly believe Ear Plugs make the difference between

Long Runs

successful year to his less than successful one last season Ginge?

I wouldn’t be certain of it but it’s a disdinct possibility Gord. It often has a big effect. I remember Exotic Dancer improving a lot in them. It could be a case of helping concentration; both by jumping better and not being put off by the crowd in a finish (helps stop idling). In time ear plugs could well be the norm.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Exotic Dancer

was one of the horses I always wanted to Photograph Ginge,he was a character in more ways than one,my highlight was him winning the ‘Boylesports’ at 10/1 having just won the Paddy Power at 16/1 a couple of weeks earlier,incredibly he was beaten in a 3 horse race at Carlisle on his debut that season! :shock:

Long Run

still has the best form of any horse in training and unbelievably he’s still only 7yo! Yes he’s a danger to all still but I’ll take him on with my horses,8/1 for the Gold cup is generous though!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

At 8/1 Long Run is my Gold Cup horse Gord. I backed First Liutenent today! If only Kauto Stone would’ve run like he has in the past. On last year’s form I couldn’t see him staying the trip! I think after that run there’s no way First Liutenent will be going back in trip at Cheltanham, so you’ll be on a runner anyway. If anything an even geater test should suit. We know he goes well on good ground and has an envieable record on the course. Can only improve in March, just wonder whether he’ll quite be good enough in an average year. Will be keeping an eye on him over the next few months just in case.

Exotic Dancer was having his first race since breaking his pelvis at Carlisle Gord. Needed it badly and when the tapes went up they stood still, pulled too hard in a very slowly run race. Cheek pieces were also applied in the Paddy Power. Had shown his best hurdles form in cheek pieces, so (in hindsight) it wasn’t so much of a shock. Shame I didn’t see it that way at the time. :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Its well documented that

Darlan

is my clear number 1 choice for next years Champion Hurdle and I’ve been backing him for such since March,I’m only sitting on 26’s as my biggest price but come the day he’ll be single figures so as per usual I’ll juggle things around to suit………So long as he gets there that is! Obviously if you are fortunate enough to be sitting on healthy prices and your horse somehow trades at 6/4 and lower prior to raceday you’d be a fool not to lay off enough just to cover your stake.I’m well aware Nicky has ‘Grandouet’ lined up for a Champion hurdle programme but that wont impact on the JP Mcmanus owned

Darlan

getting his own route to Cheltenham,I’d be surprised if he took the ‘Binocular’ route of ‘Fighting Fifth’ then ‘Christmas hurdle’ as they are like Chalk and cheese as racehorses,’Binocular’ was the speedy sort whereas ‘Darlan’ is the gritty grind it out type who has bags of scope for further improvement,absolute bags of it! Anyway Moneys been talkin almost as much as me and ‘Darlans’ Odds are tumbling so its time to get him up on here before he starts trading at single figures,I hate to be seen as Selfish!! :roll:

Darlan

£100 e/w 12/1 Ladbrokes
    £100 e/w 12/1 William Hill Champion hurdle.

£9263

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

[attachment=0:1w8lnr9a]2h3r707.jpg[/attachment:1w8lnr9a]

You’re looking at the 2013 Champion Hurdle winner here,this fellow is the Real Deal,he even looks the part,Athletic,laid back and as tough a horse you will ever see,his fall in the Tote Gold Trophy proves that,I walked back in with him and he took a crashing fall for one so inexperienced but like his Lad he took it on the chin and moved onwards and upwards! Money talks at this game and I watch Market moves daily and this fellows shouting from his Stall……

• Total Posts 614

Darlan is an interesting horse to say the least. I backed him for the Supreme, but i’ve switched and as you know i’ve put up Cinders & Ashes as my CH horse. Let’s hope they stay fit Gord, because it could have a Binocular versus Peddlers Cross sort of feel to it. Your boy is going to have the improvement that you’d expect from a Henderson/JP combination, and McCain will be expecting more from Cinders, and if he jumps better will bring improvement by default. I’m looking forward to the contest. It’s a pitty neither Trifolium or Montazon are aiming for the Arkle, because i’d liked to have got another one over you. That will just have to wait.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Darlan

v

Cinders and Ashes

round 2 eh Graeme?
    I’ve watched the ‘Supreme’ dozens of times now and singled out every horses run and my conclusions quite simply are…Your horse was ridden beautifully all the way round,Jason hogged the inner and the gaps opened like the Red Sea for him,he quickened up off the home turn and galloped all the way to the line.A worthy winner with scope for improvement again,’Cinders and Ashes’ is a fine big stamp of a horse.

Trifolium

is the Chaser from the race and would be my idea of this seasons Arkle winner No question,excuses can be made for his run in the ‘Supreme’ but he’s pretty exposed as a hurdler now.

Montbazon

lacks scope but I see him as a Chaser in the making too so I’m not worried about him staying hurdling.

Darlan

was the unlucky horse of the race,I’m lucky enough to have the facility to zoom in on individual horses in a race and watch there run on a Cinema sized screen,you have to see the build up at the start which is not accessible on the RP replays to realise just how ‘unready’ AP was to go as the tape rises and from that point onwards he was at his mount all the way round, running wide and trying to get him into the race,thankfully he had a reciprocating partner but gaps closed on him when they should have been opening and he did remarkably well to finish 2nd all things considered.Re-Run that race and there’s only one winner,take into consideration he’ll improve another 15lb this season and you’ll see why I rate ‘Darlan’ so highly! Good luck though! :wink:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord did you see THE FUGUE at the weekend what was Buick doing

Any thoughts on irish racing too a lot of horses we like ran.
    SWORD OF DESTINY,RULE THE WORLD i think they should drop him back to 2m5 and train him for neptune.Also i remember you talking of
    Toner’OUADIARIES too

Any thoughts on MC VICAR for the triumph hurdle he won same race as Katchit at Kempton. came from Channon as well he beat FISHER on debut though was getting weight. but was conceding experiance to that horse won easy today as well and 33/1 for that race

Do you think DARLAN will run in racingpost hurdle as well i think Ascot race at weekend will have lots of winners and i see ITS A GIMMIE
    winning big handicap hurdle this year i do.RAYA STAR will run a big race too.

• Total Posts 614

Darlan

v

Cinders and Ashes

round 2 eh Graeme?
    I’ve watched the ‘Supreme’ dozens of times now and singled out every horses run and my conclusions quite simply are…Your horse was ridden beautifully all the way round,Jason hogged the inner and the gaps opened like the Red Sea for him,he quickened up off the home turn and galloped all the way to the line.A worthy winner with scope for improvement again,’Cinders and Ashes’ is a fine big stamp of a horse.

Trifolium

is the Chaser from the race and would be my idea of this seasons Arkle winner No question,excuses can be made for his run in the ‘Supreme’ but he’s pretty exposed as a hurdler now.

Montbazon

lacks scope but I see him as a Chaser in the making too so I’m not worried about him staying hurdling.

Darlan

was the unlucky horse of the race,I’m lucky enough to have the facility to zoom in on individual horses in a race and watch there run on a Cinema sized screen,you have to see the build up at the start which is not accessible on the RP replays to realise just how ‘unready’ AP was to go as the tape rises and from that point onwards he was at his mount all the way round, running wide and trying to get him into the race,thankfully he had a reciprocating partner but gaps closed on him when they should have been opening and he did remarkably well to finish 2nd all things considered.Re-Run that race and there’s only one winner,take into consideration he’ll improve another 15lb this season and you’ll see why I rate ‘Darlan’ so highly! Good luck though! :wink:

Insightful reply. I’m not overly stubborn, so i can admit i had a question mark or two over the form myself. I take your point about the difficulty AP may have had before and during the race, but they hardly went at a blistering pace, did they ? We will see what happens, but i like to think that once C&A improves his jumping that he will be in with a good shout against the older hurdlers, especially off a faster run race. It’s a pitty Montbazon and your Arkle fancy won’t meet over the bigger onstacles, but that’s the way it goes. Good luck with Darlan, i wouldn’t mind one bit if he turns out to be the horse you think he will.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Its well documented that

Darlan

is my clear number 1 choice for next years Champion Hurdle and I’ve been backing him for such since March,I’m only sitting on 26’s as my biggest price but come the day he’ll be single figures so as per usual I’ll juggle things around to suit………So long as he gets there that is! Obviously if you are fortunate enough to be sitting on healthy prices and your horse somehow trades at 6/4 and lower prior to raceday you’d be a fool not to lay off enough just to cover your stake.I’m well aware Nicky has ‘Grandouet’ lined up for a Champion hurdle programme but that wont impact on the JP Mcmanus owned

Darlan

getting his own route to Cheltenham,I’d be surprised if he took the ‘Binocular’ route of ‘Fighting Fifth’ then ‘Christmas hurdle’ as they are like Chalk and cheese as racehorses,’Binocular’ was the speedy sort whereas ‘Darlan’ is the gritty grind it out type who has bags of scope for further improvement,absolute bags of it! Anyway Moneys been talkin almost as much as me and ‘Darlans’ Odds are tumbling so its time to get him up on here before he starts trading at single figures,I hate to be seen as Selfish!! :roll:

Good luck with

Darlan

Gord, personally I think he might have his work cut out against some of the more seasoned campaigners but if he improves he has to have a chance! Really looking forward to seeing

Hurricane Fly

vs

Go Native

in the Morgiana, should tell us a lot as to whether or not both horses retain the ability of old. At the moment

Grandouet

is the horse I like most for the race but won’t be betting until

The Fly

and co. reappear! :wink:

Speaking of talking money Gord, how about

Boston Bob

? He was 10s pretty much across the board a couple of weeks ago, 8s and shortening every day now :wink: Mind you, if

Lyreen Legend

improves like I think he can over fences he’ll be a threat to all!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord did you see THE FUGUE at the weekend what was Buick doing

Any thoughts on irish racing too a lot of horses we like ran.
    SWORD OF DESTINY,RULE THE WORLD i think they should drop him back to 2m5 and train him for neptune.Also i remember you talking of
    Toner’OUADIARIES too

Any thoughts on MC VICAR for the triumph hurdle he won same race as Katchit at Kempton. came from Channon as well he beat FISHER on debut though was getting weight. but was conceding experiance to that horse won easy today as well and 33/1 for that race

Do you think DARLAN will run in racingpost hurdle as well i think Ascot race at weekend will have lots of winners and i see ITS A GIMMIE
    winning big handicap hurdle this year i do.RAYA STAR will run a big race too.

Darren I thought the majority of the European horses were badly ridden,all because the course and Fast ground caught them out,I wasn’t over interested in the whole occassion to be honest.

Raya Star

only confirmed just how good the ‘Tote Gold Trophy’ form is and he wont trouble

Darlan

off levels,’Its a Gimme’was getting a stone from him so dont go overboard on him either.I haven’t seen ‘Mcvicar’ but will take a look later.I’m not really bothered where

Darlan

runs so long as his campaign is geared to the Champion hurdle.

Viewing 17 posts - 1,055 through 1,071 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.