The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

• This topic has 2,436 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Gdc1.
Viewing 6 posts - 2,432 through 2,437 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I still think

Simenon

will just saunter round and pick them all up on a course I hate!

I cannot believe this years Ascot Gold Cup winner

Simenon

went off at 16/1 there…………A certainty beat,No question but thats Chester!
    Dissapointed in you GC suggesting he’ll run in the Handicap at the Royal meeting,there’s only one race for this fellow and at 16/1 I’m suggesting anyone that listens to numpty here to take it now! :wink:

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Another awesome run from

Captain Dunne

and thats just put him spot on for the ‘Dash’ at Epsom,may I suggest taking the 16/1 now as he’ll go off half that price on the day! :wink:

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29188

Simenon "unlucky" not to do better today Gord. Doing by far the best of those held up for a late run and coming wide too. It certainly means he’s got a chance in the Gold Cup. However, Mullins is synonymous for taking the easier option (clearly not handicapped out of things even with top weight). If thinking has a better chance in the handicap Mullins may choose that route and Alexandra again – rather than Gold Cup. Although that is probably why he’s 16/1 and not 10/1.

Value Is Everything
    rich1985
    • Total Posts 1218

Will be tough for Simenon off top weight, CF has a lot going for him but the ground will be very lively and theres a nagging doubt he could get a bit outpaced…investissement has a chance back on the flat and better ground, his Ebor third a few years ago is decent form but has an inexperienced jock on board. Address Unknown has his first run for Richard Fahey and is one who’s certain to appreciate the fast ground…I might go for him and CF as Hugh Taylor has tipped him and I tend to follow him!

The winner was in there somewhere! Gutted I didn’t cover it!

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Will be tough for Simenon off top weight, CF has a lot going for him but the ground will be very lively and theres a nagging doubt he could get a bit outpaced…investissement has a chance back on the flat and better ground, his Ebor third a few years ago is decent form but has an inexperienced jock on board. Address Unknown has his first run for Richard Fahey and is one who’s certain to appreciate the fast ground…I might go for him and CF as Hugh Taylor has tipped him and I tend to follow him!

The winner was in there somewhere! Gutted I didn’t cover it!

Well spotted though rich,a superb ride from Jamie got him home,of course the draw played a major role in the result.
    Ginge,Horses for courses and that and

Simenon

loves Ascot,he is certainly a Gold cup horse in my eyes,he wanted to go a stride faster today as this field just weren’t good enough to test him,it wasn’t the weight that beat him but Chester!And Chester being renowned for its hard luck stories wrote another one today.Gold cup horse for sure!

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Unlucky today Gord, Simenon cudda and probably shuda won!! Not blaming JM but on another day maybe a clearer run ……

You must have been chuffed with the run of the Captain – surely should be a Major by now :-)

Viewing 6 posts - 2,432 through 2,437 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.