The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

My Way De Solzen

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
  • Author
    davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

If ever there is horse more likely to make into a Gold Cup horse in the coming years I have yet to see him.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Ive liked him for some time now

Travels wonderfully well and keeps finding enough. His jumping of hurdles is superb. Despite narrow distance, looked a winner along way out. Still alot to come

Rare that i back a horse not on ideal ground but this one has oozed class so far this season, so went with it :biggrin:

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I was never convinced that he needed heavy. I thought last season he looked good when he got a test of stamina. It was just that because he was running over 2m he only got that stamina test when the ground was bottomless. Then at Aintree he ran well over two and a hal;f on soft and again everyone saw the ground and thought that was the factor.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 438

Couldn’t agree more that My Way looks a future chasing star: he has the size and scope, jumps superbly and stamina is his forte. I hope that they send him chasing next term (his potential clashes with Denman already have my mouth watering) and, given that there appears to be little strength in depth among the established Gold Cup horses and the Sun Alliance Chase didn’t throw up any stars, he may even win the big one next year.

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

That was the best race of the festival so far for me. I’ve always liked My Way and it was so thrilling to see him win! Although saying that, I couldn’t watch the final furlong and hid in the kitchen with my hands over my ears:biggrin:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 438

Alan King quoted as saying that he’s too scared to school My Way over fences: let’s hope that he changes his mind sooner rather than later as, as I have already said, the top of the chasing tree is in desperate need of some real quality.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Read that Y and he was jesting a bit. this horse is a natural jumper with a fine head carriage and superb engine of course…

I think DJ is right (hell hate me saying that im sure….)

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Finally you see the light Clivex. :biggrin:  I can see it now, 2010 and My Way de Solzen is bidding for a third Gold Cup, up the final hill what’s this finishing like a train to deny him? A 14-y-o Beef Or Salmon who finally sticks together a decent round of jumping at Prestbury Park.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Sort of horse hard not to like, races with alot of enthusism and style. Reminds me alot of how Crystal D’Ainay was as a younger horse though obviously this fella is a good bit better and more reliable. Should jump a fence with some ease I would have thought.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

lol DJ

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

off dj :biggrin:

CHETNOLE
    • Total Posts 87

War of Attrition, Kicking King and Best Mate all finished second in the Supreme Novices before their Gold Cup victories. So perhaps this years second Straw Bear is a future gold cup winner.

CHETNOLE
    • Total Posts 87

What about Wild Passion ? Second in the 2005 Supreme Novices and a good fourth in this years arkle. Being trained by Noel Meade must be a bit of negative though given his festival record.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 438

Quote: from CHETNOLE on 11:51 pm on Mar. 17, 2006[br]So perhaps this years second Straw Bear is a future gold cup winner. <br>

<br>By Diesis out of a Scottish Reel mare? Don’t think so.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 438

Quote: from trackside528 on 3:59 am on Mar. 18, 2006[br]Any ever hear of a horse called Iris Gift? ;) <br>

<br>Completely different type of animal: compare the way they jump hurdles. Besides, how does the failure of one animal to adapt to chasing affect the prospects of another?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 120 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.