The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2019 Grand National

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2019 Grand National

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 519 total)
  • Author
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6668

I’m still stuck with just the 1 Bobby, Jury Duty who I took last month at 33s. I’ve also
    topped up this morning with Willie Hills, who are best priced 22s, but boosted the bet
    to 24.24/1 so anyone thinking of adding him might want to check to see what Hills will
    offer. I’m glad I held off, because Pairofbrowneyes was the one I was most interested
    in, but it seems he’s heading to the Irish National instead. I’ll definitely be having
    another 1 or 2, but I’ll wait to see what’s on offer on the day. Bit disappointed I’ve
    not heard anything from Bet365 or Sky, both of whom had some cracking matched free bets
    at Cheltenham. Maybe they might come up with something on the day.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17042

Yeah, disappointing with Browneyes Graham, but there was always the chance he would go to Fairyhouse. Majority of mine was NRNB, so no real harm done, other than I just really like the horse, and was looking forward to him here, and had had a pretty decent bet on him.

I’ve decided not to top up on Jury Duty, no point at half the odds, I’ll stick with the 40’s, and that’ll do me. I’ll pocket most of my Browneyes cash, and put some of it on Valseur Lido each way. For all I got away with it with Browneyes, I didn’t get away with it with Missed Approach, who wasn’t NRNB, so makes sense to hold back a bit now.

Still think Rathvinden will be bang there, but I’ll stick with these for now, and maybe add Rath into my lines on the day…..

Tiger Roll 12’s to 20’s (perms)

Jury Duty 40’s NRNB
    Blow By Blow 66’s EW NRNB
    Blow By Blow 360’s
    Valseur Lido (ew max places, not bet yet)
    Mall Dini 33’s
    General Principle 33’s EW NRNB

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1221

Ruby on Rathvinden, lovely stuff.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4757

BET 365 offer now on. But remember to bet before twelve noon Saturday!!

Fabulous offer get twice as much on for nothing!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26551

Mall Dini out.

value is everything
    TongeTonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1166

Phil Kirby has just bought Don Poli for £170,000. Wonder if he was bidding on behalf of Yates.

If I’d won the lottery last night, I’d have outbid to withdraw him. I fear for him in this race. Not the same horse at all and, unlike Bless the Wings, hasn’t shown any enthusiasm for the fences

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1252

I’m hoping there’s one more withdrawal so The Young Master can get in.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Minella Rocco is pulled now the rain has come.

Participant
    • Total Posts 26551

Wow! That is at least three times as much as Don Poli is worth. 10yo so there is some hope of a return to form, but not much and realistically only one more season to race. It’ll encourage other no hopers entered for the National just to be sold just before.

value is everything
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6668

@raymo
    BET 365 offer now on. But remember to bet before twelve noon Saturday!!

Fabulous offer get twice as much on for nothing!! :yahoo: :yahoo:

After me mentioning above that no offer received yet Raymo, eventually got the email.
    It’s a pretty decent offer from B365, half of your stake for the National returned, up
    to a max of £125. The good thing is that it’s based on the collection of your GN bets,
    not just the 1st bet laid. Normally it’s the win part of an e/w bet that you get back on
    their offers, but the place part is taken into account too. Sounds good to me :good:

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1469

I don’t understand how the bet365 offer works. Got an email as well but not done it before.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6668

Hi Mike, there should be a message on your Bet365 account which explains it. I’ve
    copied and pasted from my message which hopefully explains it for you

How it works:

– Add all of your selections for the Grand National to the bet slip.
    – Tick the E/W box and enter a unit stake for each Grand National selection. The total stake will be double your unit stake(s).
    – Place your Each Way single bets and half of the total stake will be refunded, up to a maximum of £125 per customer.
    – We will aim to credit your refund within two hours of bet placement.

My basic take on it is that you decide your bets for the national, stick them all on the slip,
    mark them e/w and if your total outlay comes to £250, you get £125 returned to your account.
    As Raymo pointed out, the bet has to be laid between now (April 4th) and before midday on the
    day of the race, so be aware if you place after midday it won’t qualify.

Hope that helps clear it up :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6668

Just struck me to mention one thing. It’s been mentioned before that amounts offered
    on offers from Bet365 in the past have varied from customer to customer. My offer is
    for a return of up to £125, as I’ve stated above, but I don’t know if that is universal,
    so check with your message on site.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1469

thanks BigG.

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1252

Couldn’t believe how much rain there’s been. Not due any more, but things can change on a whim. I was convinced we were going to get genuine good to soft ground this year, but even with a dry day tomorrow it could get really sticky under foot on Saturday. Could prove very attritional.

Plenty of experts have said this is a far from competitive National, but it has me completely flummoxed. Obviously I have selections, but to pin my colours to one mast with absolute conviction is a near impossible task for me this year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 26551

I agree with this year’s race being less competitive. With just one exception, top 11 in the market seem to have the race between them. imo There appears five well handicapped horses and another five could improve to a rating good enough to win… plus a couple with Aintree form that could place.

value is everything
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 519 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.