The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Grand National 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Grand National 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 674 total)
  • Author
    Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I’ve mislead you – Butler’s Cabin isn’t in the field, I was just making the point that he is close to the cusp for making it into the GN.

That makes it easy for you though – just Character Building.:wink:

My mistake I thought you were referring to the Grand National.Which proves I wasn’t paying attention :oops:

I think it will be a long long time before you see Charachter Building so well in again. This could be a case of all Dougie having to do is point him in the right direction and let him do the rest.

I think Parson’s Legacy is a big price. He beat one of Jonjos last time out who is a good horse on good to fastish ground and perhaps that form is a bit better than it looks on paper. I would have fancied him more if the ground had no cut in it though.

Simon has obviously been laid out for this. Eye catching run over a distance too short for him beaten a neck at last years meeting its all there to see. For me he is the main danger but I’ll be suprised if he can give 10lb and a beating to CB.

I backed CB in the Hennessy along with Don’t Push It and ended upwith 2 non runners. As fate would have it both end up running on the same card and Don’t Push It will run a lot better today than he did last time out and show his doubters he gets 3miles so :P to them :lol:

2 ew singles and an ew double for me and all after I promised myself I wouldn’t have another bet this week

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Fist
    Apart from Character Building needing pointing in the right direction, he might also need some kind of turbo fitted to win at this trip?
    However, a good run today should see him spot on for the Welsh National, where he will be equally as ‘well in’, and over a more suitable distance.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I would assume that those who slagged me rotten for saying Don’t Push It now needs a trip are in hiding :lol:

CB not only stays Reet he had enough toe to win over 2m5f last time out…….As you know Cheltenham takes some getting at the best of times and the distance is not really a concern….I agree though the further he goes the better I think he will be…..would love him to win for John Quinn

I have no worries finacially as the way I backed him I only needed DPI to get a place to cover my entire bet..<<<<<smart ass :lol: …..so I’m going to sit back and enjoy the race which should be a cracker :wink:

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Bad luck there FoF – Character Building run out of 3rd in the last stride and only 15 runners.

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Life goes on David :wink: Well done Ginge and a brilliant piece of training from PN again.Tha man just keeps doing it

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I think Venetia Williams trains Mon Mome.

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

I would assume that those who slagged me rotten for saying Don’t Push It now needs a trip are in hiding :lol:

I wasn’t in that group fists, but I would be wary of the form, as the first three were all stepping up in trip and so a slow pace may have played right into their hands.

• Total Posts 4293

) Motarid in the opener at Doncaster at 10-1

Did you have any place money?

• Total Posts 4293

The hurdle races were each to give him his first prep race of the year.

It is a bit embarassing for Nicholls, as to where to place him. Go for a couple of the Irish G1s before the Gold Cup?

• Total Posts 4293

Darkness came 3rd in Star De Mohaison’s SunAlliance, and 3rd to Possol & Mon Mome last time. I think I read on the sportinglife website that Egerton said he has got one bullet with the horse this season. Anyone got an idea as to what race it might be?

(While on subject of Egerton, also read a couple of weeks ago that Hobbs Hill was a couple of weeks from running. I thought he might turn up in the Peterborough, as a rushed prep race for the King George. Anyone know anything about him?)

I hope I didn’t steer anyone onto Possol, and that you were put off by Daly’s comment about the ground in the RP this morning. Familiar story, happens all the time in sprint h’caps, right formline, wrong horse. (That’s why I’ve suggested both Barbers Shop & Imperial Commander for the Gold Cup :wink: )

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

I think Venetia Williams trains Mon Mome.

D’oh! :oops:

Bulwark
    • Total Posts 3119

) Motarid in the opener at Doncaster at 10-1

Did you have any place money?

Had 1pt e/w 1 pt win so a bit gutted to see him go down by a head, also had him in an e/w double with philson run who failed to place. Not a great day for luck all in all. :cry:

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

I wasn’t in that group fists, but I would be wary of the form, as the first three were all stepping up in trip and so a slow pace may have played right into their hands.

Don’t Push It ran just as expected today and he’ll be spot on for his next run with luck.

I here what you are saying but if he can get 3 miles over hurdles 3 miles over fences will be a walkin the park for him.If the fooker doesn’t fall on his ass :lol:

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9305

one of those annoying horses that you know will win the first time you don’t back them….

Participant
    • Total Posts 650

I’m probably well wide of the mark with this one but Gleann An Sagart caught me eye in the 3:05. His recent form is absolutely nothing to write home about but I do remember Dusty Sheehy regarding him as one of his best young horses a few years ago.

We noticed this one too. I’ve been after the holy grail of a 100-1 winner for ages and at least this one gave us a decent run for our £1ew!

• Total Posts 2184

Was looking quite promising at one stage!! There can often be great value to be had in the big field handicap hurdles at Cheltenham. Pity about this one though. Might have stayed it out a bit better if he’d the benefit of a recent run.

• Total Posts 4293

Merigo did it nicely this afternoon. Not too knackered afterwards either. Small trainer, but the owners seem to have quite a few horses, so they must know what they’re doing.
    Horse has only been racing for a year. OR122. Another win and he’s in the field.

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 674 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.