The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Windsor Forest Stakes 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2014 Windsor Forest Stakes 2009

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    tenbob
    • Total Posts 156

my points rating

143 heaven sent
    142 lush lashes
    136 evas request
    128 spacious
    125 proviso
    124 shes our mark
    119 rosaleen
    117 chantilly tiffany
    108 royal confidence

will back heaven sent

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

I’d be keen to take Lush Lashes on here, while I think she is the best horse in the race I think it would be hard for her to win this carrying her penalty and I think the value is just too short although she’d love the ground.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Stoute has a phenomenal record in this and I reckon Heaven Sent is the best bet of the week.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

I was thinking her or the Channon filly, think Spacious is just too unreliable to put your money on.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

It’s definately got a dodgy look about it this race. I agree Lush Lashes is the best horse in the race and the penalty won’t help.

Howewer you would have to think she will find it easier against this lot than she did against the Casual Conquest who looked unbeatable that day.

Don’t forget she isn’t a heavy ground horse and it was her first run for a very long time. Sh’ell run a big race here IMO

I can’t believe Spacious was fully wound up last time but she has over 5 lengths to make up on Eva’s Request.

With only 10 days between then and tomorrow and if the ground is good James Fanshawe might have a few questions to answer if she reverses the form. However if were to be soft ground she would go in it and ER might struggle in it.

With the downpour Ascot had today I will be waiting to see what the changes are in the ground are before betting in this.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

Heaven Sent gets a stone pull with Lush Lashes on Nassau running (beaten 1/2 L). Even with another winter under her belt, it’ll take some effort to hold off the Stoute charge. Has to be Heaven Sent or I’ll be left scratching my head….again.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 29194

Have backed both Heaven Sent at 11/4 and Eva’s Request 9/1. It’s just under 7/4 combined odds, better than Lush Lashes on her own.

Can see this being slowly run, so might be difficult for Lush Lashes. Although effective at a mile may need a good pace to produce her best. Is fully effective at 1m4f. Particularly when she’s usually held up, Manning may need to change tactics. Ignore last time out, does not act on heavy but is yet to prove she’s trained on. I have both her and Heaven Sent as having the same chance.

Heaven Sent is fully effective in a slowly run mile and is capable of racing prominently. Won on her reappearance.

Eva’s Request is from a stable bang in form and has 7f speed. Although usually held up, she has a better turn of foot than most of these. Produced a life’s best last time at Epsom and may be able to improve again.

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

Lush lashes at 13/8. Hoping the drop back in trip does the biz.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

I fear the filly in form! It wouldn’t be the first time a filly kept improving and ran up a winning sequence….

MDeering
    • Total Posts 1688

One year older, one year wiser … can only imagine Lush Lashes is not as sharp as she was last year.

Lucky for her and Bolger, they can shrug this one off and attack the Matron.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Well there you go…nothing like a good race to get your horses fit Mr Fanshawe.

In my infinite wisdom I decided "not a race to bet in" and had a tenner ew for interest only…..sometime you wish you were stupid and this is one of them :lol:

graciolly
    • Total Posts 6

Looks kinda good. I wish I have High Stakes though. Any chance you could make a track for NFS3?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.