The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Who is your fave Jumps Jockey?

Home Forums Horse Racing Who is your fave Jumps Jockey?

Viewing 35 post (of 35 total)
  • Author
    bear
    • Total Posts 143

JJD,

I don’t agree that one cannot have an opinion on a subject such as race riding without having done it oneself, the same as a football fan can have an opinion on a goalscorers technique despite not having ever played football.

I have nothing but admiration for the bravery and skills of all jockeys, I just think that commentators reach for the hyperbole too often when it probably isn’t actually warranted.

Regarding the luck element of not being unseated, many years ago I had the pleasure of speaking to Andy Turnell and Jeff King on a number of racing related subjects and they were both of the opinion that although horsemanship and natural balance are important, luck plays a large part in staying in the saddle when a horse makes a bad blunder. Who am I to contradict!

On a personal note sadly I don’t have time to post on TF as often as I once did, and I’d quite forgotten how you had a habit of popping up to decry most of what I had to say. Please continue to do so if that’s how you get your kicks. The fact that you feel it necessary to say you think I am a silly sod posting rubbish doesn’t concern me.

(Edited by bear at 7:11 pm on Feb. 21, 2007)

Viewing 35 post (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.