The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Who is your fave Jumps Jockey?

Home Forums Horse Racing Who is your fave Jumps Jockey?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    DannyDanny
    • Total Posts 790

If you where gonna pick a horse in a jumps race based on the jockey which Jockey would u go for?

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>If a horse was running for my life I would go with AP but I prefer the quiet styles of Ruby, Timmy Murphy & in the past Norman Williamson.

Ruby I would have to say – I remember a great ride he gave Inca Trail at Sandown on Imperial Cup day a couple of years ago and then Ladalko at Warwick this year was pretty special as well.

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Which jockey has won most races he shouldn’t have done by winning on horses that were clearly not the best in the race? AP by a long way.

Lovely Lady
    • Total Posts 160

Ann Stokell.

hmmm..maybe not..

on the other hand I feel the big names quoted above get too much of the action and it’s nice to give someone else a chance, so as a sporting gesture –

David England – I shall miss him as he’s  out injured so wish him well and really hope for a full recovery.  Such a shame.

Flash
    • Total Posts 1144

Ruby. The man is class.

horsestatshorsestats
    • Total Posts 52

A tough one to call for sure – i have seen some superb rides in recent days that have boosted my bank account from Messrs McCoy, Fitzgerald & Murphy (surprised he’s not on the vote). Good to see a positive mention about David England too – only a matter of time surely before he becomes no 1 at Twiston-Davies yard.

However i will vote for Ruby Walsh – there’s just something special about him and his sheer commitment and horsemanship is a pleasure to watch. Lets hope all these top jocks stay clear of injury ahead of Cheltenham.

graysonscolumngraysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from Lovely Lady on 10:31 pm on Feb. 19, 2007[br]

on the other hand I feel the big names quoted above get too much of the action and it’s nice to give someone else a chance, so as a sporting gesture –

David England – I shall miss him as he’s  out injured so wish him well and really hope for a full recovery.  Such a shame.

<br>Good call. He was giving Tom Greenall plenty to think about in the race for the amateur riders’ title before his mishap at Kelso last week. Real shame.

On the same theme, I’d list John Flavin and Gareth Horner as other terrific young jockeys to have met with untimely and premature serious injuries in recent times – the former is still on the mend and will resume riding at some point; the latter, however, will sadly not.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

(Edited by graysonscolumn at 11:26 pm on Feb. 19, 2007)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

Where is Timmy Murphy?

Depends whether it was over fences or hurdles as well. If it was selling class then McCoy but on a Grade 1 horse it would just be Ruby Walsh, as he is VERY difficult to unseat and doesn’t tactically make any mistakes.

PaulB
    • Total Posts 75

No Paul Carberry or Timmy Murphy and depends a lot on the type of horse and the type of race

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

Robert Thornton for me.

Colin

Seagull
    • Total Posts 1708

Sean Fox has got the required result when told.

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

There are so many class jockeys riding at the moment, Timmy Murphy would be my fav with Carberry and Ruby a close second.

<br>JohnJ

guskennedy
    • Total Posts 759

Ruby Walsh, for me. I’ve followed the sport since the mid-seventies and he’s the best I’ve seen.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Anyone that has voted for Fitzgerald should be ashamed of themselves.

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

He’s not that bad.. I think Choc Thornton and Timmy Murphy are glaring omissions from this pole. A few of the irish boys should be included as well.

Ruby would be my favourite, but I agree with FSL’s point. McCoy will get anything home regardless of quality.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.