The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Missing Posters Thread

Home Forums Lounge Missing Posters Thread

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 195 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 14936

Drone, Betlarge a good shout. Apologies if you read this Mike……..a shocking omission.

I added Wit to the list, not seen for a few months.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

I agree that ‘wit’is sadly missing from this forum, or at least not what it once was.

:yes:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

Many of the lost souls probably still look in to see if there’s any life left in the ol’ place. The likes of Jezza and others that were once part of the furniture. But, as has been recently discussed, forums such as this have had their day and won’t ever get back to their former glory.

The General Sports thread is still quite busy, but mainly with young Nathan’s £2 bets :unsure:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

TBF, just had a quick look at Darren’s Sports bets 2020. That looks interesting for general sports. I am 90% trading on the gee gees with a bit of snooker and football thrown in.

Night all :rose:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

What a knob :negative:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

I touched a nerve there! :yes:

:yahoo:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

wit was logged in a couple of days ago. Don’t think he posted though.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

Many posters are crying enough it seems; not only here but at that other place, where I’m told that the boss is having a hissy fit and ‘talking’ about closing it down :yahoo:

Getting back to this forum – gamble is obviously missed, but he’s been known to disappear for a year or more and still come back. Drone is normally quite regular, probably down to all that rhubarb on his allotment, but he’s not posted for a few weeks. Don’t think he’s on holiday as he’s not long back from one.

Anyway, hope all are well and not getting too down about the Coronovirus cough. I’ve not posted much myself lately, been too busy catching up on David Icke videos and they are quite fascinating B-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8082

I wonder if the quiet nature of the forum of late has something to do with the state of racing.

In my opinion, this has been the worst Flat season I can remember. It was forced into a different shape because of the panicked reaction to Covid. Then the three year olds (apart from Love) turned out to be a distinctly average bunch. Pinatubo, touted as a superstar, disappointed.

And the hoped for big story of Enable’s third Arc was turned into a damp squib by the Longchamp ground. Gosden knew the writing was on the wall. It was a pity, through no fault of her own, that her fine career ended with a whimper. Even her win in a three runner King George was underwhelming, especially when compared to last year’s renewal.

The Arc Sunday was further spoiled by all the O’Brien horses having to be withdrawn. And the race was won by a horse quickly whisked off to stud.

Then there was “Champions Day” at Ascot that identified nothing of the kind. It simply does not work in that time slot when it is almost always going to be run on heavy ground. The BHA was asleep at the wheel and allowed the Irish to grab the best spot.

Last Saturday at Newbury summed it up. Not very inspiring racing in horrid weather on bad ground that hardly any of the horses handled. It was a depressing spectacle.

And, unlike some relaxed posters here, the absence of crowds HAS made a difference. Even on television, the racing has no atmosphere. Crowds need to be back as a matter of urgency. Yet Nick Rust appeared on Sky News this morning and came across as someone who is simply not pushing this anywhere near hard enough.

These are grim times for the sport and I would not blame anyone for not being motivated enough to post.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5946

I’ve been lurkin ‘n’ lookin’ – as ever – just haven’t logged in for a while. Constipated rather than regular; the brain that is, or that could be the mind as I’m not sure what the difference is: tangible v intangible perhaps

I did have a second brief holiday: down your way in Exeter and had an enjoyable walk from Topsham to Exmouth. Decided to fork out for First Class tickets for the five hour journeys on the rattler as I was keen to breathe only the wholesome air emitted by the landed gentry, but needn’t have bothered as the trains were sparsely populated. Never seen the likes of Bristol, Birmingham and Leeds stations so quiet

Strange days, and now dark days. Roll on the rewinding forward again of the clocks in late March. Meantime a tedious hiatus awaits, hopefully mollified by exercise: when dry outside stretching the skeletomusculature; when wet, inside firing the synapses, perhaps even the mind-altering ramblings of David Icke: my brain is ajar

My rhubarb is senescent but my sprouts are firm

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

Tank has been missing for two weeks
    he hasn’t had that long off the forum since being banned from his 22nd guise in 2009
    Looking at his two above posts, dot and dot
    I believe Tank is in a state of reminiscences as they use to post in Morse code back in the 1980’s
    I found an old TRF transcript from 1983 which had been sent by telegram to pre Cormack towers
    it’s from Tank who in those days was known as “Mr Moore”

it reads as follows..

“New Thread”

Thread title “Forum RIP”

Thread post

“The forum has gone downhill since the introduction of coloured tv, posters now spend time on things like watching the coloured tv instead of posting on TRF, I’m afraid to enlighten you all that the forum is dead and will not be around much longer”

“I will telegram the Forum lounge in one week when I receive my 4 shilling and half penny from Kate Bush for trimming her brush”

he had two replies

one of which was spam from a Chinese man selling the Indiglo nightlight range
    and the other from good old Jezza announcing that Arkle had won the Flagg Moor point to point carrying 2 ton more than his rivals with jockey John McCririck putting up 1lb overweight

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Blocked
    • Total Posts 13000

“Ian Davies – an arrogant unt with a capital C. I wouldn’t be surprised if he isn’t still banned but he knows what he wants and he isn’t shy about pißing people off which makes him a man in my books”

I will take that all day long – got to be in the top-ten (maybe top five) nice things anyone ever said about me.

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

Nathan, just noticed the above post, not too bad but needs brushing up a bit though.

Small chuckle

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 2553

Ian, you should have heard what they used to say about you in the TRF chatroom back in the day and away from your prying eyes!

Blocked
    • Total Posts 13000

Sorry to disappoint you, sir, but my eyes don’t “pry.”

In fact, I have always been spectacularly disinterested by (those close to me aside) the rest of the human race, even when they are talking about me.

After all, it took me 11 YEARS to notice this charming (though admittedly accurate) summary of my character (or lack of it)!

I am "The Horse Racing Punter" on Facebook
    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ian_Davies_
    https://www.facebook.com/ThePointtoPointNHandFlatracingpunter/
    It's the "Millwall FC" of Point broadcasts: "No One Likes Us - We Don't Care"

Viewing 17 posts - 154 through 170 (of 195 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.