The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Missing Posters Thread

Home Forums Lounge Missing Posters Thread

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 166 total)
  • Author
    Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5124

Betlarge

Started the ‘Should Cheltenham…’ thread and not seen since

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22963

JJMSports was on Facebook the other day

Member since March 2008
    Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

Glenn hasn’t posted for a while. He knows his stuff when it comes to the gee gees and always worth a read- and the only forumite that I know of who’s met old gamble. Glenn was also once joint winner of forumite of the year, shared with the erudite Drone, if memory serves.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17127

Drone, Betlarge a good shout. Apologies if you read this Mike……..a shocking omission.

I added Wit to the list, not seen for a few months.

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

I agree that ‘wit’is sadly missing from this forum, or at least not what it once was.

:yes:

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

Many of the lost souls probably still look in to see if there’s any life left in the ol’ place. The likes of Jezza and others that were once part of the furniture. But, as has been recently discussed, forums such as this have had their day and won’t ever get back to their former glory.

The General Sports thread is still quite busy, but mainly with young Nathan’s Β£2 bets :unsure:

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

TBF, just had a quick look at Darren’s Sports bets 2020. That looks interesting for general sports. I am 90% trading on the gee gees with a bit of snooker and football thrown in.

Night all :rose:

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22963

What a knob :negative:

Member since March 2008
    Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

I touched a nerve there! :yes:

:yahoo:

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

wit was logged in a couple of days ago. Don’t think he posted though.

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

Many posters are crying enough it seems; not only here but at that other place, where I’m told that the boss is having a hissy fit and ‘talking’ about closing it down :yahoo:

Getting back to this forum – gamble is obviously missed, but he’s been known to disappear for a year or more and still come back. Drone is normally quite regular, probably down to all that rhubarb on his allotment, but he’s not posted for a few weeks. Don’t think he’s on holiday as he’s not long back from one.

Anyway, hope all are well and not getting too down about the Coronovirus cough. I’ve not posted much myself lately, been too busy catching up on David Icke videos and they are quite fascinating B-)

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 584

I wonder if the quiet nature of the forum of late has something to do with the state of racing.

In my opinion, this has been the worst Flat season I can remember. It was forced into a different shape because of the panicked reaction to Covid. Then the three year olds (apart from Love) turned out to be a distinctly average bunch. Pinatubo, touted as a superstar, disappointed.

And the hoped for big story of Enable’s third Arc was turned into a damp squib by the Longchamp ground. Gosden knew the writing was on the wall. It was a pity, through no fault of her own, that her fine career ended with a whimper. Even her win in a three runner King George was underwhelming, especially when compared to last year’s renewal.

The Arc Sunday was further spoiled by all the O’Brien horses having to be withdrawn. And the race was won by a horse quickly whisked off to stud.

Then there was “Champions Day” at Ascot that identified nothing of the kind. It simply does not work in that time slot when it is almost always going to be run on heavy ground. The BHA was asleep at the wheel and allowed the Irish to grab the best spot.

Last Saturday at Newbury summed it up. Not very inspiring racing in horrid weather on bad ground that hardly any of the horses handled. It was a depressing spectacle.

And, unlike some relaxed posters here, the absence of crowds HAS made a difference. Even on television, the racing has no atmosphere. Crowds need to be back as a matter of urgency. Yet Nick Rust appeared on Sky News this morning and came across as someone who is simply not pushing this anywhere near hard enough.

These are grim times for the sport and I would not blame anyone for not being motivated enough to post.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5124

I’ve been lurkin ‘n’ lookin’ – as ever – just haven’t logged in for a while. Constipated rather than regular; the brain that is, or that could be the mind as I’m not sure what the difference is: tangible v intangible perhaps

I did have a second brief holiday: down your way in Exeter and had an enjoyable walk from Topsham to Exmouth. Decided to fork out for First Class tickets for the five hour journeys on the rattler as I was keen to breathe only the wholesome air emitted by the landed gentry, but needn’t have bothered as the trains were sparsely populated. Never seen the likes of Bristol, Birmingham and Leeds stations so quiet

Strange days, and now dark days. Roll on the rewinding forward again of the clocks in late March. Meantime a tedious hiatus awaits, hopefully mollified by exercise: when dry outside stretching the skeletomusculature; when wet, inside firing the synapses, perhaps even the mind-altering ramblings of David Icke: my brain is ajar

My rhubarb is senescent but my sprouts are firm

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

Tank
    Participant
    • Total Posts 338

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 166 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.