The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

What are you reading?

Home Forums Lounge What are you reading?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • Author
    Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

I’m always on the lookout for new authors and I think I just found one!
    Stephen Booth – he’s written a crime series ( l love crime series!) on Cooper & Fry and I’m going to see if I can find one of them at Borders today (or Page One).
    We have only 3 good book stores here. The other is Kinocurpia (or something like that it’s Japanesey).
    Black Dog is the first one so I hope I can find it.
    Has anyone here read this author?

http://www.stephen-booth.com/New%20books.htm[/url]

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

It Must Be Beautiful – Great Equations of Modern Science – edited by Graham Farmelo.

Seldom do novels these days.

non vintage
    • Total Posts 1268

I’m not reading anything by way of fiction myself, but I am halfway through reading a Clive Barker book to my six-year-old, albeit not a gruesome one…

[/url:3g5e7gqi]

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Unusually gor me, I’m not reading anything at the minute .. I read two Philip K Dick books early on the in year but I can’t get the enthusiasm raised to start another book.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

That looks very interesting Oh Vintage One – I don’t care what age books are written sometimes they are worth checking out – :D

I am now reading One Last Breathe – Stephen Booth – it was the only one I could find!

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

The Firm – John Grisham

I’ve seen a couple of films based on his books but am now going through his back catalogue.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Well One Last Breathe was ok, need to read the first one in the series I think to find out a bit more about the main characters.
    I am now reading Ruling Passion by Reginald Hill – his books are brilliant! 8)

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2668

I have to admit I’m reading "British History for Dummies" which is doing a good job of filling in the considerable blanks since my last History lesson in about 1980.

It’s actually quite entertaining and ideal if you can no longer determine your Pankhursts from your Palmerstons.

Mike

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

The only thing I took from History was that 1026 was the Battle Of Hastings and 1666 the Great Fire of London ………. other than that I am a blank….. possibly had something to do with our teacher Mr Cerwoski – wasn’t he a total waste of space! :shock:

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Hihihihihi, I sympathise KT! Coming from Oldham, our history courses at secondary school were, with the blessing of the NEAB, by design heavily biased towards social and economic history, the Industrial Revolution and so on.

To this day I can still reel off all the salient dates and details about Turnpike Trusts, Charles "Turnip" Townsend, selective breeding, pig iron, Coalbrookedale, Runcorn, The Spinning Water Frame, Elias Whitney’s Cotton ‘Gin, Richard Trevithick, The Davy Lamp, etc…. but can I give you a run-through of all the kings and queens of England? Can I heckers!

(Good job, for pub quiz purposes, that Mrs Column can….)

Jeremy
    (graysonscolumn)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

Now there’s an idea GC – a pub quiz! I ‘ll go to one when I get back! :D

Chubs
    • Total Posts 67

KT,
    1026 ? haha..I’ll be charitable and suggest that’s a typo, or else your teacher was even worse than you thought.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

Ditto chubs .. who wasn’t paying attention then ?? .. :twisted:

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2668

Stand in the corner KT!

Mike

Kingston Town
    • Total Posts 1049

1066 !!!!!!!!!

Of course it was a typo, the 2 is right next to the 6 on these Asian keyboards ….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 110 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.