The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Vertem Trophy 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Vertem Trophy 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

King Vega looks a bit overpriced here for Andrew Balding and Oisin Murphy. Looked completely green still in the Solario Stakes but came home pretty fast doing all his best work at the end. Despite being a maiden he doesn’t have very much to find on ratings with most of these except Wembley. I don’t think he’ll go off at 12s and he’s worth a nibble at 50s for the Guineas

King Vega 12/1 EW

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2875

Interesting shout Frency, and importantly should handle the ground.

Anyone know why Frankie ain’t on Megallan? Shaped incredibly well last time finding traffic, finishing strongly. You could argue he should be closer to the front 2 in the market. Find it weird Havlin booked.

Bolshoi Ballet looked very impressive winning his maiden this probably comes too soon but if he was to show up i’d be interested.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

Looks like Van Gogh is going for the Criterium International and Bolshoi Ballet the Criterium De St Cloud on Saturday.

Wembley has been taken out of everything except this one, so either he’s done for the season or he’s heading here. Big big danger to King Vega over a mile if he runs. Has shortened in the market this morning.

King Vega as low as 6s in places now.

Is Frankie in France on Saturday maybe?

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2875

Maybe he’s riding Aidan’s over there. No idea!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2355

One ruler 4/1 for me

Was very impressive last time over the trip at newmarket

If he can improve again he will take plenty of beating

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

Yeah I agree, form of his listed win has worked out well and he didn’t get a clear run then either. When I looked on Monday it was between Wembley , One Ruler and King Vega and KV was 12/1. He’s getting a bit skinny now against these two though. If we wanted to be super critical of that Autumn form in comparison to Persian King and Military March the last 2 winners who pulled well clear of a Grp3 field, he wasn’t that far ahead on his 4th start. He’s also a bit skinny. I’d have Wembley over One Ruler his form is standout v One Ruler and not that much shorter

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2355

He couldve won by plenty further but wasn’t given a hard time in the closing stages

Wembley just looks beatable, is developing a nasty habit of finding one too good and is vulnerable

I shouldve taken the king vega price as he went in my tracker with the comments needs further,back if upped in trip.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

He wouldn’t have won by 6/7 L though. Wembley’s first run at a mile FF don’t forget and he was on the wrong side of the track in the Dewhurst meaning he was probably the best horse in the best Juvenile race of the season and he’s sure to appreciate the step up in trip

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

I don’t think he’s anything to fear though but just think One Ruler is a little skinny to oppose him

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2875

Not exactly sure what One Ruler’s winning distance matters for. He won easy enough. Last two renewal’s of Autumn Stakes weren’t won by PK or MM that easy?!!!

6 or 7 lengths is a bit daft Frenchy, he’d have a 2yo rating close to Pinatubo if he done that lol.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

In a Grp3 Jack? No. I’m just comparing to PK and MM. PK and MG both pulled 6/7 clear of the field and so did MM and AS last year all 4 horses earning better ratings than One Ruler did. So it is a point to just question how good the form is. It was One Rulers 4th start as well.

He did look good just against Wembley I suspect it isn’t quite good enough that’s all

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2875

Well he got 111 for winning 1.75ls so he’d have been pretty high….just my point, if he pulled 6 or 7 clear it would’ve been on his own more than likely, not like PK or MM.

Anyone got a view on Megallan in terms of attitude? possibly a bit of a softie?

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1312

Pretty high for what? If he’d have won by more?

He didn’t though did he. I don’t really agree he was given an easy time of it. He had 3/4 cracks of the whip and possibly was eased in the last 10yards. Would’nt have made that much difference.

Its been a difficult two year old season for trainers so he could well improve off that still but his form is someway short of the last 2 winners and runners up of that Autumn Stakes.

That’s all I’m saying. Would you rather go with that horse or one that’s got very solid 2 year old form in Wembley. He’s been runner up in the two hottest juvenile races of the season. It’s franked form.

Anyway doesn’t matter for me as I was hovering over the keyboard on Monday waiting for the prices to come out and got the price on KV so EW is still a decent profit.

I am worried about Wembley though. I might do a forecast later

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 684

Disappointed bolshoi ballet not running. Looked a hugely promising horse last time. On all form Wembley should win it only depends on whether he has had too long a season. One ruler was very flattered against van goch and the other Godolphin runner is hard to fathom. I wouldn’t be surprised if an unexposed one wins it.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2875

Mickey, he’s running over in France on Sunday

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.