The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tote Ten To Follow is back

Home Forums Racing Competitions Tote Ten To Follow is back

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5770

Not yet launched but announced to return this NH season. Register here. https://tote.co.uk/ten-to-follow

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Coggy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1233

Thanks for the heads up.
    I love this competition.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Just an update in case anyone hadn’t clocked this one. The competition is up and running
    and entries have to be submitted by midday on Saturday 30/11/19.

I have been through the rules, and it states that private leagues can be set up. I spent
    a while hunting through the site but could find no link for this. I eventually contacted
    them and it seems they are chasing their tail a bit as they don’t have it set up yet. I’m
    informed that they should have it in place by the end of the week. That’s cutting it a bit
    fine, seeing as all entries have to be in by Saturday midday. I’ll try and get one set up
    for TRF when it appears. I’d suggest anyone who might be interested, and hasn’t yet set up
    a stable to get their finger out before Saturday. There is often a late rush with similar
    competitions, (eg Stable Stars) and the site can get bogged down and go at a snails pace,
    so don’t leave it too late :good:

https://tote.co.uk/ten-to-follow/play/?utm_source=Scoop6

Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1426

Count me in :good:

Mum’s funeral is on Thursday so might not be on the site much that day, but after it’s over would like things to return to normal, as much as they possibly can do.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Cheers Neil, I was sorry to hear last week about your mum passing. It’s 6 years since my mum
    passed, I know how difficult it is to deal with. Good to hear you will be getting involved in
    the competition, if your stable is anything like your one in VTC’s Ten To Follow you are going
    to be right up there. Best of luck mate :good:

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2514

I’m finding the site quite a tricky navigate too BigG- i’ll need to start looking at it properly though!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

I agree Jack, it’s definitely not too user friendly. I was pulling my hair out and couldn’t work
    out how to navigate my way up and down the horse lists. If you only use the 2 scroll bars at the
    right when trying to view the horse lists, you can only scroll down a handful of horses from the
    selection lists. Eventually I stumbled on that I had to click on in the area of the list, and then
    use my up/down buttons on my laptop, not the 2 scroll bars at the side. That is simply a design flaw,
    and I’ll bet many people are having the same problem. It’s their first year back at the competition,
    so I’ll throw them a bit of slack, but they need to make it easier to navigate.

TriptychTriptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9784

I have two stables Graham and would love to be part of the TRF League so will keep an eye out this week.

It was a nightmare to set up and I paid for one stable before I realised I got a free one :wacko: Then when I log on it’s difficult to find them but think I’ve got the hang of if now …
    just look for the horseshoe.

Will be thinking of you on Thursday Neil, it’s 3 years today since I lost my lovely mum. :heart: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1426

Thanks Jac, :good:

Had a quick look at the tote’s official site, and will be keeping my eye on things here for updates.

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

I had another try Neil, and got the following email back from them……….

Good Afternoon. I am sorry to say that we do not have any further details concerning the private leagues. However, we do hope to have some details later in the week.

With three days until the tapes go up on this one I’m more than a bit surprised that
    they don’t have anything in place. It’s not as if I’m on asking them to consider setting
    up private leagues, they clearly state in their rules…….
    Players will be able to set-up and join private leagues, so they can easily see how they are doing against their friends.

I’ll update if and when there is any change.

Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1426

If nothing develops then I thinking of joining it anyway. Just a shame that they can’t get things organized :scratch: :wacko:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

I’ve already set up 2 stables Neil, and then, just like Jac, realised I was allowed to have
    one for free, although the free one is for a lesser prize (as if that’s going to be something
    I’ve got to consider anyway :wacko: ). I suppose if we have our stables set up before the off,
    then if they do get round to setting up a leagues section, even if after it starts, then we can
    set up a league then. It’s not ideal, it should all be organised by now, but all we can do is wait
    and see if it happens.

Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1426

I really like your attitude Graham, :good: You’ve got HIGH HOPES check out Bing Crosby in Robin and the Seven Hoods for the song reference, mum sung it to me and my brother when we were very young. :yahoo:

Red Rum 77Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1426

Sorry replace Bing Crosby with Frank Sinatra & Robin and the Seven Hoods with the 1959 film Hole In The Head to make my last statement true.

Thank goodness for the internet. :whistle:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6940

Lol Neil, I’m old enough that I can remember it anyway. All those rubber trees just
    couldn’t stop that ant ;-)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.