Top ten singles

Home Forums Lounge Top ten singles

This topic contains 69 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  homersimpson 2 days, 20 hours ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

And now you know how old I am LOL

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

I remember seeing Arthur Brown on the telly and I think he set his hair on fire :wacko: :wacko:

Red Rum 77
    Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1077

He sure did, was watching him last night on YouTube, it was an old top of the pops performance. :rose:

It might be just my opinion here, but sixties music in general seems the best. Not that the other decades had their moments. Of cos been born in the sixties might make me bias. :whistle:

At work have a workmate who’s quite into his music, listening to songs on the radio as a child so can come up with lyrics in a song, not just at the beginning but also in the middle. He also knows the artists. This got me researching songs, particularly songs around when I was born.

You’re song is on an album I downloaded from Apple called “The Best 60’s collection extra.” With more unusual 60’s hits for example Long John Baldry Mexico (Underneath the ⛅ in ) .

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2109

Probably agree RR although I do like a lot of 70s music. I grew up (well a teenager when music seems to be at its biggest influence) in the 80s but still preferred 60s/70s even back then. I didn’t mind some of the 80s stuff such as Madness but didn’t fall for the peer pressure of liking bands such as Duran Duran although looking back even they did some alright stuff.

As for the 2000s I think there has been some massive hits such as Drake but no idea how this song/music goes :unsure:

There is also the matter of owing music nowadays. Before CDs it was just as good to own the record/packaging as the music. Great artwork/photography and also collector items such as picture/coloured disks or booklets/photos/posters within the album. I think Queen’s Jazz was quite a popular one ;-) CDs diminished this and Downloads have totally wiped out any interest for this sort of thing. Most probably why vinyl is back selling so well.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

Was Jazz the one with the fat bottomed girls poster Homer?

Matron
    Matron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5627

The LP cover was “part and parcel” of the whole process of a music purchase.

The sound of a decent analogue hi-fi setup will beat the socks-off of any digital-processed crap that is the mainstay of today.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2109

Was Jazz the one with the fat bottomed girls poster Homer?

It was raymo :good:

Himself
    Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3773

1 You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling – The Righteous Brothers

2 Waterloo Sunset – The Kinks

3 American Pie – Don McLean

4 Hey Jude – The Beatles

5 Heroes – David Bowie

6 The Sun Ain’t Gonna Shine Anymore – The Walker Brothers

7 Maggie May – Rod Stewart

8 Mack The Knife – Bobby Darin

9 Save The Last Dance For Me – The Drifters

10 Alright Now – Free

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Red Rum 77
    Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1077

I prefer The Righteous Brothers version of You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling to Cilla Black’s which was release briefly before TRB’s hit the UK. For a brief moment in time they were both in the charts together. Cilla’s version dropped away when TRB’s came out.

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2109

Some good old karaoke favourites there :good:

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.