The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tingle Creek 2021

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Tingle Creek 2021

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25458

Henderson will sleep well tonight

Member since March 2008
    LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1550

Should have seen it coming really.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1937

Well done DBR , Chacun is the new beef and salmon , poor run by Nubre to , to fresh in the early stages

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3831

I wouldn’t rule out CPS just yet. Elimay got turned over at odds on as well today so they may have had fitness issues. CPS also got beat 1st time last year. Would like to see what both do next time. Not a good couple of races for the Skelton chasers who were fit.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3831

Wd winners.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2823

I wouldnt have minded chacun losing and possibly needing the run but he did look lost coming up the straight there, doubt the poor jumps where the issue, it has to be a negative hes ran twice like that in the uk now though and to 170+ in ire, still though, i can have my price for cheltenham now on him which suits me!

Nube negra was to be expected

Hitman could be one to keep onside in a few seasons given his age, will make into a GC type horse at somepoint i think

Winner is a really nice type, great attitude

And nath, im sure he wont be on that run, but like ive said 6/4 this far out? Hes 6/4 to have a run before chelt

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1937

Ham why was Nubre to be expected ? , I wouldn’t be racing to back Chacun , he may well stay in Ireland now

Tank
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2548

So good to see Bryony win after what she is enduring at the moment. Couldn’t be more pleased for her ❤️

clivexx
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1662

Totally agree about bryony

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28408

Chacun is consistent when racing in Ireland and connections seemed very confident coming in to this. So -along with a poor effort in last year’s Champion Chase – got to think the probability now is he just doesn’t travel.

Value Is Everything
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28408

Brilliant Bryony. :heart:

Value Is Everything
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3831

Bit harsh to say his Champion Chase run was poor he wasn’t beaten far. Today wasn’t like him at all and I’d like to reserve judgement until next time.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4762

Didn’t have a bean on him and missed the race due to work, but delighted :good:

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2300

Maybe Mullins got it the wrong way round and should have run CPS in the Hilly Way and Energumene here.

Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 28408

True, Chacun wasn’t beaten far at Cheltenham Mike. But the performance was “poor” because it was a long way below his best. ie At Chacun’s best he would’ve won the Champion Chase with quite a bit in hand.

Yes, there are only two runs in Britain to judge him on and normally I might’ve given him the benefit of the doubt. However, with Chacun the important point is he’s pretty much as consistent as they come when racing in his “native” Ireland. So the fact he’s been so far below best in both British performances seems (at this point) to tell its own story.

Value Is Everything
    Istabraq
    Participant
    • Total Posts 413

patrick was saying in an interview being help up didn’t suit CPS in the champion chase

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3912

He is very consistent ginger

After his first run

Which he’s improved from enormously both years (yes he won the hilly way but he wasn’t impressive at all)

It just looks worse this year for 2 reasons

1) his debut was in the tingle creek
    2) willies are a couple of weeks behind due to the lack of rain

Nube negra clearly needs to be kept fresh, cant see the winner winning the champion chase

Nicholls is as good a target trainer as there has been and today was greaneteens gold cup

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.