The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

This Sporting Life

Home Forums General Sports This Sporting Life

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Watford Norwich
    2000 hours
    Draw.
    This is a game neither can afford to lose.
    Which perversely means neither can manage to win.
    Watford have to steady a run of defeats since the new boss came in while Norwich gained a big win last week. Despite that they have played well.
    This is a six pointer which looks nailed on for a draw. It is the teams below them who need to worry…..

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

African cup of nations
    Extra time and penalties almost guaranteed in these latter stage matches.
    It is put there and hangs like a sword of damacles over the teams and the same happens in world cup games.
    Gambia vs Cameroon 1600
    Draw.
    Extra time and penalties.
    Gambia in extra time 25/1
    Cameroon in extra time 7/1
    Either team on penalties 11/2
    Or chosen side 11/1

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Watford BRIGHTON (win)
    Brentford PALACE (win)
    Everton LEEDS(win)
    Two new managers here and both about to realise the task in front of them.
    Leeds have cut loose the last couple of games and better defence will see them climb the table. Nothing is left on the park by Leeds they are 100 % effort they visit a side whose players refused to play for the club by virtue of not playing for the manager and those issues will not go away. Watford tore them apart and what can Leeds do here in form?
    Brighton are due a decent performance after some good late shows. Brentford could snatch a draw but Palace in and out may get a result after blowing a good chance at Norwich through a bad spot kick miss. Zaha did score the goal of the month. Brentford may need striker cover for Toney.
    ———————————————-
    A win for Everton
    Goaless in west London
    A win for Brighton
    were the final results
    Sighs of relief on Merseyside ( parts of it)

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

It’s been a while.
    England have an international later and the 5/1 special about sterling and Kane both having a first half shot on target looks good for a tenner.
    Enhanced from 5/2.
    Providing of course both start…..

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Everton
    Have been very poor.
    Everton vs Manchester utd
    First team to score
    Everton.
    What happens after that…..?
    They have been just about the worst team in the division this season.
    They couldn’t have asked for a better side to play in Manchester united today and at home.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Well that went very well and Lampard stays in post until the last match.
    They couldn’t have wished for a better toothless side to play.
    Today’s big match is the title decider which is near certain to be a draw.
    Man city would be delighted with that and the title race will then be in their hands.
    I’d rather a Liverpool win here as I’ve got some nice prices on them to win it when they were behind and I’ve been adding some of my racing bets to it in doubles since. There is a few bob to collect if the reds can turn it around.
    Man city vs Liverpool
    Draw.
    Small bet on Liverpool away win.

Celtic scored seven yesterday and trust rangers to try and emulate that today at
    ST MIRREN
    RANGERS
    5+ goals @ 10/1
    Expect the same in reverse if Rangers played yesterday and scored seven.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Spurs vs Brighton

Spurs are flying and face a team who have overcome a goal drought winning at rivals arsenal last week.
    Brighton are unbeaten in five London visit this season ( 3 wins and two draws) and will be tricky opponents for a good while today.
    But the stats of this season mask a very poor record against spurs.
    Stats

Tottenham have won eight consecutive home games against Brighton in all competitions, including all four Premier League meetings.
    Brighton’s last top-flight away victory at Spurs came at White Hart Lane in October 1981.
    The Seagulls have lost 12 of their last 17 matches with Tottenham. Their three wins in that period all came at home.
    Tottenham Hotspur

Tottenham are aiming to win five consecutive Premier League games for the first time since December 2018.

The ‘free’ bet on offer which can underpin
    Any stakes on this game is

HARRY KANE TO HAVE ONE SHOT ON TARGET AT EVENS
    SHOULD BE 1/8
    Skybet
    Limited to a £10 stake
    Check the team news and if he starts and is in the same mood as the last match, then his first shot on goal is likely to be a penalty.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Great job on Tottenham by Brighton.
    Not to land a shot must be unprecedented.
    Well done the seagulls…..

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Liverpool v man utd

Expect goals galore tonight.
    Liverpool need to win tonight to keep the pressure on man city.
    First team to slip up loses the title and my antepost slips end up in the bin if it is pool.
    The corner market interests me here
    Liverpool are handicapped
    Minus -4 corners
    11/10
    I’m confident they can manage five in this game. Two in the first half hopefully with the required three remaining corners easily reached in the second half with injury time if needed.
    This is not a special bookies bet although they have set the bar and the amount going on is bigger than the normal tenner.

Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26468

I’ve played the -1 goal at 11/10

Is that just for Liverpool corners or a match bet against United corners.??

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Hi Nathan,
    I’ve had to go back to the drawing board on that one as it appears to be a match bet.
    Rather disappointing as I thought I was on to something there!!

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Chelsea vs Manchester utd
    At Old Trafford

Ronaldo 3+ shots on target, Chelsea 5+ shots on target and each team 4+ corners @ 16/1

Trouble is this has an end to season feel about it and Manchester united have the least to play for. (Despite a new coach and champions league place at stake) maybe the coach has already had a word…….

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Chelsea managed 9+ corners and achieved their shots quota in the first half.
    Manchester utd just to emphasise how dire the situation is at the rudderless club failed to reach either target as a team, never mind Ronaldo who at least got a goal from his shot.
    Today’s offering comes at the evening kick off where Leeds are required to have two shots on target in each half along with two corners.
    Man city to do likewise.
    The man city half of the bet is a done deal wether Leeds can manage the first half is another matter and the bet therefore is offered at 25/1.

Leeds and man city to have two shots each on target in both halfs and two corners each in both half’s
    25/1
    Sky bet

A big bearing on the outcome of this match will of course be Liverpool’s game earlier at Newcastle and if that game is drawn then everything will be different.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Leeds vs Chelsea

Leeds are in dire straits here.
    They need to produce a suprise win to save their premiership status tonight.
    Chelsea have crashed out of the champions league and been humbled at home in the last month.
    They have a cup final to play soon and a win here is not the highest priority.
    Leeds by their rush goalie approach have rejoined the relegation battle and are likely to go down if they can’t win tonight.
    That said, Leeds have been one of the brightest lights in the division and the entertainment factor has been excellent.
    Naive but excellent and I for one am willing them to stay up.
    If they can sign a few defenders for next season and ditch the cynical tackling they will be a better side.
    Leeds to beat Chelsea tonight.

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Premiership
    Second game of the season where Arsenal could well be the most improved team.
    ( After Manchester city, Liverpool and Newcastle) Chelsea have signed Sterling and Man city have made an excellent signing in Haarland. Spurs and West Ham complete the top seven clubs.

Fulham vs Liverpool
    Skybet
    Mo Salah
    1+ shot on target 🎯
    Evens

Top tier
    Manchester city Liverpool Chelsea
    Intermidiate tier
    Arsenal, Spurs,
    Second tier
    Newcastle and West Ham

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Seems a matter of time before Fulham score.
    Next team to score Fulham.

Too late!!
    They have already scored!!
    Serve me right for listening 🎧 on talk sport!!

sporting sam
    Participant
    • Total Posts 10154

Half time and with little prospect of Salah getting that solitary shot on goal I’ve cashed out at a small loss.(£2)
    There is every chance He could be taken off during the break, so have taken the option now to back Fulham to hang on. Along with both Fulham and Wigan to maintain their leads in a double. Fulham have shown lots of appetite for attacking football so far which is good to see.

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.