The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

The Notebook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

This thread be about horses i think will win next time out and horses for the future like a current 3yos as well.

GILES CROSS.To win Eidur Chase at Newcastle

He won well when beating a winner next time out in Rey Nacarado but was again 2nd in the Welsh National after making all.I think whoever he takes on at Newcastle.They will not beat him.

NOCTURNAL AFFAIR.To win next time out at Meydan

He always runs well on a 2nd run after a break he did this by winning the Portland after a decent run behind.Roicehead.Then was behind Siruis Prospect.But bounced back by winning at Dundalk.
    He was 2nd behind Addictive Dream.He went really well in the race but could not peg him back.That horse has won again at Meydan.And i think he win at Meydan on his next start.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

While BORN TO SEA is my main horse for 2000 guineas i do like

TOP OFFER

Won a maiden very easy he did the trainer rates him as one of the best horses he has had.Also Richard Hannon made some comments about his impressive performance as well.Overall it would not suprise me if he goes to the top.

While CAMELOT is my main bet for the derby on at 25/1 there are 2 horses i like at bigger prices who i feel will be decent horses this year.

BONFIRE

Trained by Andrew Balding all the dogs were barking about this horse and won his maiden very well.Then went to France and was 3rd but was very unlucky not be closer.Was cantering going so well.But got no room.A 1m4 will be right down his street.

IMPERIAL MONARCH

Won a maiden at the Curragh he was very strong at the finish.And though he drifted on the day.He still had enough to win very well.
    While he is packed with stamina some people call him a st leger horse.But it will not suprise me if he goes to Epsom and gets better as the season goes on.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

Next 2 horses for now are only maiden winners but both could do very well this year at 3.

THE FUGUE

Won a backend maiden at Newmarket at 7f showed nice speed to pick up long time leader and they were clear of the 3rd she be even better at a longer trip and with her trainer am sure she improve a bundle this year.

WAS

Won a maiden and though drifted in the market she won it really well.And Coral Wave was behind that horse is a listed and Group3 winner but WAS put her in her place.And when she steps up in trip she could be hard to beat this year.

Any thoughts from you guys on any of my posts please let me know.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

Noel Meade has had more novice hurdle wins than Willie Mullins i saw this stat a few weeks ago.And 2 of the reasons why are the next 2 horses.

CORBALLY GHOST

Was in a bumper behind Simonsig then won a bumper this season when beating The Mighty Milan and Morning Royalty who both won since.
    Then beat Midnight Game on hurdle debut though he made a blunder at the last.He fought on braveley to win.Then won a grade 3 at 3m where he was going very well and won quite cosy.Would not shock me if he goes to Cheltenham.But next year he be better over fences that is when he be even better.

SWORD OF DESTINY

Since he gone hurdling he has been brilliant he has got the gears to win at 2m5.And the stamina to win at 3m as well.A very good horse he is and will be a better chaser next year.

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

I shall keep my eyes on this thread Darren mate,as its a notebook let me put in

Ciceron

,he found 2m3f too far last time dropped back to 2m and there’s a big Handicap hurdle in this fellow even Betfair Hurdle,County Hurdle class!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

Thank you for your post mate because i need more people in here as i can’t keep posting to myself.

Lone WolfLone Wolf
    • Total Posts 614

Darren, i can’t comment too much on ante post flats as i never had much of a flat season last time. I don’t know if the lesson i was dealt last season will apply to the upcoming season, as every season is different. I thought i had a right good chance in the 1000 guineas with what i thought were good prices on Moonlight Cloud, Memory and Laughing Lashes and they all got well beaten by less fancied horses running into a strong head wind. If i had to nominate any horse i like it would be Wading for the oaks. I hope you get some winners at a good price because you are good at landing some decent bets. I’m going to be more cautious than before, but sometimes caution is useless for other people. KF gave me decent advice a good while ago now, and that was too not put on many doubles/accumulators. Luckily for me i was stubborn enough to do my own thing and not take his advice on board, because the doubles/trebles have kept me in the game. Plus you’re a better punter than me, so my advice is useless. My only advice is stick to what you know best, and if you win a few bob make the bookies work hard to get it back !

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

Well thank you for nice comments Superman

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

Having a look at a few handicaps at festival and 3 horses that standout to me are.

GET ME OUT OF HERE To win coral cup 16/1

Was never going to beat Oscar Whiskey last time but still ran well. in the last 2 festivals he only just been beaten and a return to Cheltenham and a trip of 2m5 be perfect for him.

CITZIENSHIP 14/1 To win County hurdle

Came from miles back to win went past 13 horses coming to the last 2 jumps.Will miss Newbury but will go for this race.And a big field is what he like.So he pick them up late on.

DAVES DREAM To win Grand Annual 25/1

Has not run since run at Sandown but he needs to be fresh and the long break he is on and i hope he goes for this race.As the trainer has other horses for the race to.

Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22555

You’ve put up some very decent tips on the forum Darren and although I don’t respond to your posts I always read them and take note of what your saying, you are a good contributor to the forum.

I agree with Superman in nominating Wading for this season, I think the Irish Guineas will be the race for her as the course is stiffer and her stamina should come into play also O’Brien off the top of my head has a better record in the Irish race.

Anyway keep up the good work.

Member since March 2008
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

6 months ago i put up 3horses to follow in the jump horses to follow thread.One did not race the other 2 were SIMONSIG and SIR DES CHAMPS.Both won at Cheltenham and i think they win again next year at festival.Arkle and Gold cup winners.

My early King George horse is GRANDS CRUIS 8/1 Hills.

With Long Run who looks like he is getting worse, Kauto Star may retire it is time for a new horse to be a star. and this flying grey who proved he loves Kempton with a smooth win in the Feltham and with Kempton being a speed track. no doubt he handle the strong pace in the race and will be able to jump very well at track.Any thoughts from you guys

KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

6 months ago i put up 3horses to follow in the jump horses to follow thread.One did not race the other 2 were SIMONSIG and SIR DES CHAMPS.Both won at Cheltenham and i think they win again next year at festival.Arkle and Gold cup winners.

My early King George horse is GRANDS CRUIS 8/1 Hills.

With Long Run who looks like he is getting worse, Kauto Star may retire it is time for a new horse to be a star. and this flying grey who proved he loves Kempton with a smooth win in the Feltham and with Kempton being a speed track. no doubt he handle the strong pace in the race and will be able to jump very well at track.Any thoughts from you guys

Ahead of me again darren! Good work taking the 8/1 ‘Grand Crus’!

GDC
    • Total Posts 945

Darren: Nice reads and I love this type of thread.

I would like to nominate 2 from the yard of Mr Nicholls who had a dire festival!

Secondly

Finally from a small yard

8)

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

Thank you for nice comments GDC

After looking at the champion chase market there is a horse who i think be a star next year at 2m and is a nutty price that horse is.

SANCTUAIRE at 50/1 Coral to win Queen mother champion chase

He was a nutty horse himself over hurdles and frustrating to punters but has been a different horse over fences.Though they were bad races he set a strong pace in both races and nothing got near him. when you think Sandown is a tricky course to jump fences he made them look easy to jump he could turn into a star himself.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5901

SPIRIT SON To win the champion hurdle 2013. 12/1 best price

Won over 2m5 at Aintree when giving a good beating to Cue Card and
    Rock And Ruby a drop back to 2m will not be a problem. difference with Simonsig and this horse is that SIMONSIG is a chaser with tons of speed but does not jump hurdles cleanley enough to win big races over 2m. while SPIRIT SON jumps very well.If he gets over his injury i can see him doing very well next year because apart from Hurricane Fly i don’t see any of those horses who ran in the champion hurdle winning a champion hurdle again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.