TAPK's Army

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 TAPK's Army

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 130 total)
  • Author
    The Ante-Post KingThe Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

Cheering it on for you Gord.
    Do you think they’ll have connections in to the stewards?
    Was he a non-trier last time?

Ginge he’s been a plot horse yet again..Blatant Schooling in public last time,loves Cheltenham…Bobby VTC got the 20’s so I tip my crown to him but he knows I hammered him at 12’s down.I’d love to fight ‘Zark’ now…He’d last all of 2 secs.TAPK’s buzzing at half time.

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Ok I lost track of this towards the end of the day.

Looks like your 1st bet tomorrow is West Approach?

Ok. Nichols Canyon EW.

Tango De Juillet EW in the Plate. That’s a nap.

Mall Dini EW in the Kim Muir. I like Another Hero but not keen on him for this for a couple of reasons.

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26354

Well done with Nichols Canyon, Zark!

value is everything
    ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Cheers but just gutted about Tango. Did nothing.

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Well I think we’re about evens heading into the final day.

You’ve got DDS in the Triumph?

Easy. Charli Parcs NAP.

Peace & Co doesn’t run in the County so you can have another pick.

Mine’s Ivanovich Gorbatov NB.

Wholestone Albert Bartlett.

I’ve dutched Outlander + Sizing John around the 5/1 mark in the Gold Cup.

Grand Annual, Rock the World EW

Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

Its been a losing battle but the Wars not over yet,Holywell was just an embarrasment,as was Champers on Ice and Another Hero.Alpha des Obeaux will win a national one day but thats his limit.Today however will see a Gold cup where at least half a dozen have serious chances and whatever I bet in my day of race bets my heart will be cheering home Cue card.Paddy knows he is on the best horse in the race and it will be a case of just keeping a lid on his emotions during the race.If the rain comes Bristol des Mai is still the e/w bet in the race for me but I just have the feeling this morning that Jonjo will have a major say in this.Obviously I’m hoping Defi du seuill can keep his unbeaten run going and I’d like to see Wholestone win the ‘Albert Bartlett’ with Battleford and old Eastlake supporting…Whatever happens its still been a brilliant Cheltenham and ITV Racing have played a leading role.Good luck all,its time to get back in the trenches and dodge those bullets.

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4558

Are you showing a profit though Gord?

I see I jonahed a couple of yours early doors!!

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Look at the first five words he said

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4558

Should have laid the 1/5 before racing started!!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4141

Ouch – that’s carnage Gordio. Good on you for putting your neck on the line though. Hope it hasn’t bruised that ego too much. You’ll bounce back next year I’m sure!!! I’ll try and show you how it’s done again this flat season ;)

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

I’d wear the crown, but it’s so stretched out with his big head that it’d be like a hula hoop for me :/

5/1 and 12/1 winners, ooooh yeah baby yeah :yahoo:

homersimpson
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2139

Not quite the 5 grand you were up a few years ago TAPK but we all have good and bad Cheltenhams. Mine wasn’t great either but agree I really enjoyed it despite the defections of some of the best horses. I’m sure you’ll be back next year as good as ever :good:

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

The Ante-Post Pauper.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

Ouch – that’s carnage Gordio. Good on you for putting your neck on the line though. Hope it hasn’t bruised that ego too much. You’ll bounce back next year I’m sure!!! I’ll try and show you how it’s done again this flat season ;)

Is been a battle but TAPK never surrenders Joni,Holywell,and Champers on Ice didn’t feature and thats not what I’m used too.Ballyandy was a bit unlucky but would never have won.Alpha Des Obeaux was hugely dissapointing too.Apples Jade at 9/2 gave me my first winner and my huge prices on my star horse of the season Petit Mouchoir never let me down.Messire des Obeaux was a certainty to place and was always overpriced at 16/1 imo. Taquin du seuill placed for me at 20/1 as did Gold Present at 16/1. Dakota Moirette let me down in the Fred winter and I had a win bet only on Whisper that was unlucky.Cause for Causes was my 2nd biggest winner at 12/1 which helped massively and my confidence was back again.I backed Yorkhill at 7/1 but that didn’t cover my losses on both Top Notch and Disko but what a race it was.I did Impulsive star in the Pertemps and that dissapointed and Uxizandre in the Ryanair who also never featured.West approach and Shaneshill let me down in the stayers but I nailed Nicholls canyon at 13’s in running which was a surprise winner for me.Bouvereuil placed at 16/1 but Another hero was another who failed to sparkle.Today Defi du seuill made me a nice £2k at 16/1 and ran exactly like I thought he would.L’ami Serge at 25/1 ran another place but Wholestone was a win only bet.I was holding my own all week until the Gold cup,that was carnage,I backed More of that and Minella rocco win only on top of my bets on Black hercules,Cue Card and Bristol des Mai,that race alone cost me a grand.I thought Battleford was a handicap good thing but again ran like a pig and in the last I lost on Eastlake and The Game Changer..All in all its been a tough week and I’m about a grand down but that was really down to one race.I have had 1 winner every day and thats 3 short of what I’ve had every year for the past 10 years but I’ve already started again for next year…Yorkhill 12/1 Gold cup.Nicholls canyon 12/1 for stayers and Top notch 12/1 for Ryanair.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

Dissecting the Battle;-

The first thing to say about Cheltenham this week from an Ante-Post perspective is Willie Mullins only has one horse for next years Gold cup so 12/1 about Yorkhill now is going to look generous in a years time.thankfully its Graham Wylies so he’ll be keen to go that route and avenge ‘On His Owns’ defeat.Nicholls Canyon is only a 7yo and he too will be geared for one race and thats the Stayers,he could be the new ‘Inglis Drever’ 12/1 again is fair.Defi du seuill clocked a time comparable with 2 proper Champion hurdle sorts from the County hurdle and being only a 4yo with endless scope the 10/1 for the Champion hurdle has been taken.I also think the best rouns of jumping this week came from Top notch who is a proper 21/2m chaser so the 16/1 for the Ryanair with Bet 365 has also been taken and a £1 lucky 15 makes a cool £20k…The march to March goes on.

First day thoughts,Both Ballyandy and Melon will continue on the upgrade..Holywell was a stone better off with ‘Un Temps pour tout’ and yet ran just like he’s done all year,,he’s lost the plot.Champers on Ice cant jump for toffee,he has to go back hurdling now.So I know what went wrong there.Altior is a Champion chase horse and thats where he’ll be going next year.Apples Jade has to go for the Mares race again on that brave victory,she franked the Petit Mouchoir form but Buvair d’air confirmed he’s the better horse and has to stay hurdling after that,he will be a tough nut to crack next year.Tiger Roll also confirmed why previous cheltenham form is the punters number 1 tool.
    Day 2;-
    The first 3 home in the Neptune look like future chasers,Willoughby Court RSA,Neon wolf Arkle and Messire des Obeaux JLT.I think we saw 3 very smart horses there,my fellow loves a bit of cut though.Might Bite looks like a King George winner already but his temperament is concerning.Whisper isn’t getting any younger but proved yet again that he is incredibly consistent and Bellshill looks like he needs further.Every race of the meeting was run slower than standard so there was never any real good ground but the time Special Tiara clocked in the champion chase suggests had the real Douvan turned up it could have been the fastest time of the week.Cause of causes does what he does best and is one horse you can really depend on at Cheltenham,I doubt he’ll do anything now till next year.The Bumper always throws up talent,none more than the winner Fayonagh who really caught the eye.
    Day3;-
    The race of the day for me was the JLT where little Top Notch proved why he’s named just that.The machine called Yorkhill proved a challenge too far for Hendersons little star.Disko will also win plenty more races too possibly over 3m.Un des Sceaux was hugely impressive over a trip I thought my test him,he will be defending his crown in that next year no doubt.Nichols Canyon has at last found his place,he is the 3m hurdling champ and is still the only horse to have beaten ‘Faugheen’.At least we know where Mullins will be sending this boy next year.Unfortunately the same cant be said for Lets Dance as Willie will play Musical chairs with this one big time.
    Gold cup day;-
    What a start when your 16/1 Ante-Post winner romps in on the bridle,I even had 18’s on the machine about this little beauty Defi du seuil,he had Triumph hurdle winner written all over him from the moment he set foot on Cheltenhams hallowed turf back in November,Phillip Hobbs has said all along he’s a future Champion hurdle horse and I cant dissagree.Hindsight is a wonderful thing as Arctic Fire really did have the form to win a county hurdle even under top weight,L’ami serge has Paddy Power Gold cup written all over him for November.Penhill was a frustrating horse on the flat but is such a big beauty that he could even be a Chaser oneday.Wholestone also could jump fences and the Munirs will have to keep ‘Messire’ and him apart.The Gold cup itself was run at a cracking pace and that was the time of the week for Clock watchers so I cant knock Sizing John,however the horse to take from the race is Minella Rocco his last 2 furlongs was the fastest I’ve seen over 31/4m.Bristol des Mai ran a blinder on ground too quick had it been a bog he may well have won.What we can gauge from the race is that Djakadam is a good yard stick so Native River has now peaked.I still hope Jonjo runs my 1000/1 More of that in the National as he kept on at one pace.
    As always its been a cracker,certainly not my best from a financial point of view but I have had plenty of placed horses and 4 winners,I could include ‘Yorkhill’ and ‘Lets Dance’ but I like to be self critical…One bet that came close was a lucky 15 on Buvair d’air 5/1,Might Bite 5/1,Top Notch 8/1 and Defi du seuill 7/2…£3k..Anyway whats going to win the ‘Lincoln’…Yuften 12/1 or Blair House 16/1?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 130 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.