The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tamarinbleu job horse?

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks Tamarinbleu job horse?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 149

Always has been IMHO.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Muppet.

More like consistent, had the run of the race and the only one to give his running. The rest of the field were beaten 5 out.

LUKE
    • Total Posts 271

Fair play to you for understanding that he was trying to win to 79K prizemoney.If only you had told us before the race.

• Total Posts 149

The horse will not win his next race. Mark my words.
    Job is done. No need for the disparaging words dj, i’m just stating an honest opinion. I knew the horse would win today, as soon as I saw the card. Lay him next time though.

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

Job horse winning a Grade 1?

I’ll give you one thing – at least it is an original thought….

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

Presumably you backed the horse heavily then, Scribbles?

Tamarinbleu is a horse who had always promised plenty, but appeared to be more than a little difficult to ride. There’s no doubting that today’s result probably flatters him a little, but he’s now won two decent handicaps and a Grade 1 on the spin and may just be beginning to deliver on that early potential (he did run Accordion Etoile to a head on his chasing debut at Cheltenham).

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9201

Scribbles – if you were laying one out for a ‘job’ you were hardly line him up against the Queen Mother Champion Chase favourite in a Grade 1 race.

A horse that was talented over hurdles and is now developing into a top chaser after having shown promise. It was hard to see him beating Twist Magic but he was no forlorn hope today.

Anzum
    • Total Posts 256

scribbes talking drivels

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

"………………..but he was no forlorn hope today."

Obviously not, Corm. :wink:

Colin

Fist of Fury 2k8
    • Total Posts 2930

Geez some of you guys can be twats at times

Learn to understand everyone doesn’t have your knowledge of racing.

I have no doubt he thought the horse was a good thing and probably bet him.

He was right we were wrong………….the fact he thinks he’s a job horse is just a guy getting carried away…………..but he believes what he’s saying.

It takes years to learn the in and outs of racing and we all say silly things along the way.

Cut him a bit of slack and without being a smart ass explain rather then tell to make yourselves look like you know more about the game than you actually do.

Any clown can make a 3 word sentence in an effort to make himself look knowledgeable………..I for one would rather help the guy understand racing that say he’s a Muppet with justifying it.

BTW old man Pipe would pull of touches in grade one races without batting an eyelid………..who’s to say they never had their balls on this one?……I doubt it very much but do I know for sure….No!!!

• Total Posts 1268

I’m genuinely not sure that Scribbles is deserving of such a vehement defence FoF. It looks like after-timing of the most blatant type served with lashings of egotistical smugness…

Any clown can make a 3 word sentence in an effort to make himself look knowledgeable…

What, like “Tamarinbleu job horse”[/color:smxzrwk7] or [i:smxzrwk7]”Always has been”[/color:smxzrwk7] [/i:smxzrwk7]???

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Tamarinbleu won the Boylesports off a mark of 150 in a race in which he and the third Patman du Charmil (has run well since) went faster than ideal according to all known sectionals.

Today he recorded a time which, on the limited information we have about Ascot, suggests he may well be top-class.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, the ground today was almost certainly not even close to "heavy". The Champion Chase division is weak (it could well prove to be an easier race to win than the Ryanair this year).

Underestimate Tamarinbleu at your peril, imo.

LetsGetRacing
    • Total Posts 1147

What would you suggest the going was this afternoon, Pru?

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

I’d go for "Soft", but it was probably on the g/s side rather than heavy.

Black Sam Bellamy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

They always used to say this horse was best fresh, but he seems to be showing more consistency these days. I am wondering out-loud if this is due to a subtle change in training routines as the batton has been passed between Pipe generations ? Perhaps Tamarinbleu is doing less between races, which is allowing him to produce his best form on the track on a regular basis ? Same with Lough Derg, who appears to be holding his form despite a number of tough assignments.

A number of the higher profile Pipe horses appear to have ‘improved for the run’ this season; Vodka Bleu, Gaspara and Over the Creek spring to mind….I just get the impression that things are changing at Pond House, and the old theories about Pipe overtraining his (better) horses are now starting to become outdated.

Does anyone agree ?

• Total Posts 149

It is possible to have a solid opinion on racing and not bet. No, I didn’t bet on the horse. I don’t bet any more. I noticed, on flicking on RUK at 1.43, that Haydock had been abd and I simply wondered about Ascot after briefly remembering that today was VicC day. So I flicked over to ATR and saw that Tamarinbleu was thrown in at the bottom end of the market and said to myself “ahh, so today is the day”. I had not one clue of the runners until 1.43 today.
    The moment I saw him against the QM ‘good thing’ at 14s, I knew in my mind the horse would win as I have always considered TB to be a horse that always seems to improve a stone when there is a big pot approaching, and the odds are right. £76k is quite a pot, and 14/1 is quite some odds.
    If the horse follows up next time out i’ll be pleased to admit that i’m a muppet. A crackpot. Call me what you like. But I stand by the opinion that TB is 100% sure to leave today’s form behind in his next race.

Alderbrook
    • Total Posts 349

Please could you let me have your definition of a "job horse" as I am currently updating my dictionary and the listed version must be wrong.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.