The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tamarinbleu job horse?

Home Forums Archive Topics Trends, Research And Notebooks Tamarinbleu job horse?

Viewing 2 posts - 52 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 149

Plenty more big money handicaps coming up next year. After a few dissapointing runs during the ‘summer break’, (he might even get turned over at tens on again!) and everyone writing the horse off as having "gone downhill", he’ll pop in at decent odds next winter when the prize money is right.
    If he had won this, he’d have never got in another handicap again on a right mark. I’m just surprised that i’m the only person who sees it.
    Nothing wrong with it of course, Pipe is just ‘playing the game’. Just like lots of other stables. But make no mistake, it is (IMHO of course) a game that is being played.
    If i’m wrong, then i’m wrong. But at least I have the gaul to hold my position on it, not to mention forecast the defeat, in no uncertain terms, back in January. Why do you think the horse was entered in the unwinnable race of the two, as opposed to the Ryanair? TB couldn’t have beaten Master Minded in the most optimistic of dreams.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6966

Plenty more big money handicaps coming up next year. After a few dissapointing runs during the ‘summer break’, (he might even get turned over at tens on again!) and everyone writing the horse off as having "gone downhill", he’ll pop in at decent odds next winter when the prize money is right.

An ingenious plan, other than the fact that as a 167-rated horse there are precisely no handicap chases open to him during the British summer (he won’t get into the Summer Plate, Perth Gold Cup, Lord Mildmay Cup or similar now he’s above 145 / 150 (as applicable)), and only the Galway Plate in Ireland.

It defies credibility that he would be dropped even a quarter of the 27lb he improved from Perth last summer if putting in just the one ostensibly laboured performance in that Irish contest. Phil Smith may be many things, but he’s not that itchy-fingered.

at least I have the gaul to hold my position on it,

Well that will explain why we haven’t seen Asterix on our screens for a while.

Why do you think the horse was entered in the unwinnable race of the two, as opposed to the Ryanair?

In the bounden belief that, given possibly soft enough going and rivals that looked eminently fallable before the race, the race was anything other than unwinnable.

TB couldn’t have beaten Master Minded in the most optimistic of dreams.

TB couldn’t have foreseen Master Minded pull out a performance like that in the most pessimistic of nightmares.

Arguably few of us could.

gc

Adoptive father of two. The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

Viewing 2 posts - 52 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.