The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tails from the blackcountry II

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Tails from the blackcountry II

Viewing 17 posts - 443 through 459 (of 481 total)
  • Author
    Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

No man who worships education has got the best out of education ….
    Without a gentle contempt for education no man’s education is complete

G K Chesterton ‘The Superstition of School’

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

I may be sticking my neck out but COLD CASE e/w is a colt I’ve always liked and despite a blip or two along the way he’s generally progressive and reappearing after an absence has registered respectable numbers.The current double digits odds,taken 14/1 e/w,offer good value in my book for such a colt and hopeful we can pick up at least a place.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Sorry I’m so late posting but just wish to say backing ATLANTIC GAMBLE at my local course this afternoon.Although nothing has run from the geldings latest contest previous to that the 2nd,3rd & 4th have all been successful from his Kempton victory.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Not often I subscribe to a horse being unlucky but without the hindrance at the furlong marker my belief is that Atlantic Gamble would have won …. of course you may think different.
    Thinking it’s time for an update on the figures for this thread … to date on a £1 win bet on all selections @ SP
    Stakes …. £340 …….. returns £324.12
    so still some work to do but I’m happy with the way this season has gone.

With the distinct possibility of a Labour government on the horizon I leave you with this …

The income tax has made more liars out of the American people than golf has.Even when you make a tax form out on the level,you don’t know when it’s through if you are a crook or a martyr.
    Will Rogers (comedian)

This is a question too difficult for a mathematician.
    It should be asked of a philosopher
    Albert Einstein (when asked about completing his income tax form)

The happiest mourner at a rich man’s funeral is usually Uncle Sam
    Richard ‘Olin’ Miller (academic)

good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Please remember this when you vote today.
    ‘the world is not driven by greed.It’s driven by envy’
    Charlie Munger (U S investor)

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Perhaps I should be jumping up & down,shouting for joy following yesterday’s election for you see where I was born and raised should make me a natural Labour supporter.However as age advanced and I became more cultured & learned more about party politics my disgust has only grown about Labour.Long gone are their founding principals and are now in my opinion a party driven by envy (Rayner) and liberal class warriors (such as Starmer) for who aspiration is a dirty word which implies a measure of self reliance as well as bettering ones circumstances.
    Labour want control of peoples lives from the cradle to the grave to make you dependant on them,through all things,you have less choice and more state intervention which is bad as whatever a government touches it invariably makes it worse,and I mean a government of any shade.
    In about a year or so by next summer people will be holding their head in their hands asking ‘what have we done?’ by that time many of the policies they refused to make known or were asked about by so few of us will be put into action.Taxes going up is I believe a foregone conclusion but you will hear nothing of those tax reductions Reeves hinted or suggested might be around the corner.Gordon Brown as chancellor in 1997 made similar promises as Reeves has done about being responsible with the public finances but the old left wing dna kicked in and they went on a spending spree as this new government inevitably will.Then we have their ‘green policy’ led by eco zealot Ed Miliband ….’Labour’s net zero policy is fantasy piled upon stupidity’ said respected journalist Andrew Neil in a recent article (green spending is capital intensive and job light).
    This is without touching on the mad ‘woke’ regulations that will duly appear judging on previous comments made by various Labour spokespersons,with the possibility of people being convicted of ‘non crimes’ without knowing it.
    Group think ideology,where all think alike,has overtaken the party so any dissenting opinion is side-lined and not given a fair hearing with the obvious one being Brexit.As a committed leaver I fought long and hard to achieve the goal now I believe it will all be lost as the EU will impose conditions on whatever Starmer & his cronies ask for ……. EU could demand free movement be reinstated or that the UK take quota’s of immigrants etc … the list is quite literally endless as to what Brussels could ask for.
    So those that wanted ‘change’ will get it but they are leaping from the frying pan into the fire and I hope they are happy with what the have done?
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Just a quick post to say making a small investment on GISELLES DEFENCE.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Going to advance for your consideration LOCAL MUSIC e/w as @ 5/1 she’s a bet to nothing for me.
    Must admit to being surprised that none of the people who wanted ‘change’ have commented on my Labour piece.
    So now we have a government elected by a very small proportion of people,that actually got fewer votes than in 2019,but proclaims to have a mandate when 80% didn’t vote for the party(makes you want to weep).
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Not very often I step outside the parameters of my laid down qualifying but today I think I have a horse that’s worth the risk.It’s quite rare for me to put forward for your consideration more than a single selection however this evening there are a couple I believe capable of performing well.In chronological order first out of the stalls will be FRANK THE SPARK e/w who’s recent form has taken a leap forward on being returned to the minimum trip.Fairly romped away last time out after having a somewhat troubled run the time before.Given time to mature,April foal,it’s not surprising he didn’t run as a juvenile and didn’t cut much ice last season.Following nearly seven months off during which wind surgery was carried out he probably was in need of his first run and the two striking runs since I believe are just the start.FAHRENHEIT SEVEN comfortably lost his maiden tag in his second run in a handicap having reverted to the minimum distance after a try at 6f.Looks capable of doubling up tonight.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Shall just put forward for your consideration two horses that look to have definite chances of following up their recent successful runs.First to go will be MONSIEUR PATAT who seems to have found a new lease of life following a very long lay off.Later NATIVE KING looks capable of doubling up on his last time out handicap debut win.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Investing each way on recent York winner LORD MELBOURNE e/w who appreciated the the return to 12f last time after being caught out over 10f at Epsom the time before.Found what I considered was an interesting runner in the Listed contest at York in We Never Stop who until dropped to the minimum trip last time out had been campaigned over further and boy did he do well registering numbers that quite literally blew everything previous out of the water!This colt reminds me of Makarova who’s blossomed into a very good performer since being kept to 5f.Although winning would have been a big ask a 25/1 price,yesterday,would have tempted me to play for a place.Alas he’s been withdrawn so shall have to wait for another day,no immediate entries,but I think he will ruffle a few feathers provided he’s kept to 5f.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Although Saturday’s selection Lord Melbourne ran well to come in 4th,most bookies paid on 4,however I’m of the opinion there may be more to come if ridden with some restraint and not prominently conserving more for the finish.(just a thought)
    Having a small investment on ALFA KELLENIC a filly that’s featured here previously.This time however she faces an open race her latest contest was females only but I still believe there’s more from her with rivals from her York success running well subsequently.
    Just want to run something by people here as regard this Labour government and I believe their intentions to disregard the 2016 referendum dragging us back into the insidious clutches of Brussels.To me the EU is a corrupt authoritarian regime that fakes democratic rule.I know there’s a european parliament but let me ask one simple question …. during all the 40 odd years the UK was part of the EU whenever did you hear it ever being reported on the news the MEP’s debating the many things they passed into law?
    The fact is they are there only to rubber stamp the decisions made by the EU commissioners in Brussels who are unelected and seemingly answerable only to themselves once appointed.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

First I would like to say thank you to those very nice bookies who allowed Monday’s selection to start at a very generous 4/1 most unexpected but welcome.
    In the concluding contest at Leicester this afternoon I do believe it’s worth an investment on (apologies to Arsenal fans) COME ON YOU SPURS to follow up her recent Lingfield success.The filly has left her previous form behind after switching stables last month.Making her debut under the new handler was only just touched off before readily disposing of her rivals earlier this month.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

The colt being put forward for your consideration showed a distinct improvement when moved up from middle distances although I’m not sure he needs the extreme trip when last seen at Royal Ascot but hard to deny it was a good run in a typically very competitive royal meeting handicap.I was surprised to find that KYLE OF LOCHALSH wasn’t favourite as I consider his form to be the best on offer.
    Also I will be watching (not investing) two horses with a view to the future in the Hackwood Stakes Elite Status following a very good seasonal debut over course & distance back in May.The other’s a once raced filly in the big juvenile sprint where I think Time For Sandals is a very interesting contender following her Kempton win recording a fair set of numbers winning narrowly under quite tender handing.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Think the cat’s very much out of the bag with regard to Time for Sandals but wouldn’t be surprised to see her in similar races.Despite the drift this morning I really do like the look of WARRIORS DREAM in Sandown’s last.Without cutting much ice this colt was first tried over a 6f sprint trip which he didn’t have the speed.Then upped to a mile where his stamina didn’t last out.However over the intermediate distance he fairly romped home putting up by far his best performance visually and by numbers,although I do wish jockey’s would have more consideration for connections when riding out to the line and inadvertently showing the handicapper more than the handler would prefer.
    Finally I would like to take account of this before jumping on the wreaking ball that’s Ed Milibands green revolution for renewables.One of the big lies of the green blob is that renewable energy will be cheaper and cut your fuel bills,then why as half of Denmark’s electricity is generated by wind is it the most costly in Europe?
    Just a thought.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Just a quick posting today with my main bet being MISS STORMY NIGHT this evening at Lingfield who seems to be thriving on the faster surface of her recent successful runs.At Ascot recent winner AALTO e/w impressed me with some very good numbers and looks a each way punt to nothing for me.
    Also at the main meeting will be watching Elnajmm later on the card following a very smooth return to action on the a/w at Newcastle with he prospect of more to come.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Having a small investment at my local track with AIDAN ANDABETTIN in the penultimate contest with one of my favourite meetings of the season starting tomorrow must get ready.
    good luck to all

Viewing 17 posts - 443 through 459 (of 481 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.