The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Tails from the blackcountry II

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips Tails from the blackcountry II

Viewing 17 posts - 426 through 442 (of 481 total)
  • Author
    Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Saturday’s selection wasn’t given the greatest of rides being bottled up against the rail until well into the straight but once getting daylight saved our bacon by grabbing the 4th place many bookies were paying.Having a small investment this evening with MART who’s consistency finally paid off last time and looks good for a follow up here.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

While most attention will undoubtedly be focused on Epsom I’m going north to Donny for SUPREME KING who took his form up a level last time at this venue.Overall this gelding being put forward for your consideration has run 19 times however beyond this trip it reads 0/13 with 3 placed efforts.At 6f he’s won 2 and been placed twice which to me emphatically says this suits best.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Apologies about being late posting so will just put forward WILD WAVES who blew away his previous performances after being stepped up in trip on handicap debut.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

It’s not with the greatest of confidence that I go down to the lower class handicaps however I believe this filly who got off the mark at the seventh time of asking is worth putting forward for your consideration as a small investment due to her pedigree which suggests the progress that BLENHEIM STAR showed when stepped up to a mile was no fluke.Although the underfoot conditions are different today the sire’s record says it shouldn’t prove any problem and I’m prepared to trust the handlers judgement on this and the relatively quick turnaround between races.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

What could you say about Blenheim Star except perhaps maybe she’s not finished yet?
    Putting forward for your consideration a filly who blew away her previous RPR last time at Chester leaving the belief NIGHTEYES e/w is worth a punt here to get at least a place @ 5/1 or better.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Yesterday’s selection won nicely but lost a big chunk of the return due to a rule 4 deduction but still a 9/2 sp wasn’t bad with only half a dozen runners.Returned to fast ground last time MISTER MOJITO duly scored and with similar underfoot conditions set to prevail this evening I believe this colt has good chances of following up.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Putting forward for your consideration THUNDEROUS LOVE e/w who showed stunning improvement last time out at her first attempt in a sprint.However there are concerns which I feel I should bring to your attention with different underfoot conditions being the primary one.With a foaling date well into April it comes as no surprise she did nothing as a juvenile.Two earlier runs this season,at a mile,saw her bringing up the rear in both before connections saw the light and tried the filly over course & distance.Winning readily on soft ground more than hinted at sprinting was her game with the form receiving a boost after the second followed up in their next race.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

After reading of the sad passing of Jonathan Neesom I don’t fancy like writing much except to put forward for your consideration ALFA KELLENIC at York.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

I never feel as much confidence when going into the class 1 top tier of racing simply because there’s always a fear for me that connections are holding something back for later in the season so I only ever make a small investment.Today I must admit to feeling somewhat puzzled by the pricing of the Listed 14f contest at York where REAL DREAM comfortably disposed of the favourite on their seasonal debuts but is at much longer odds.I know Relentless Voyager has since won at Epsom in quite striking fashion however it’s somewhat lost on me why it’s thought that his conqueror that day by some considerable margin shouldn’t have come on for that first run.Whle Sir Michael doesn’t have the string of horses he once did he still knows how to ‘train a good un’ and think REAL DREAM @ 4/1 is value.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

I just can’t apologise enough for yesterday’s selection Real Dream who went out like a light bulb being switched off and shows why in the main I keep away from condition races especially over longer trips,the winner was allowed to dictate at a comfortable pace before kicking for home.
    The gelding being put forward for your consideration this afternoon,race is to be televised,really took my eye last year after being brought by present connections from Eire.It wasn’t a big surprise that JER BATT e/w was still a maiden having a May foaling date.He broke his duck the first time of asking and progressed up the ratings until sent off favourite in a 0-105 handicap on his final outing last year.Hard to be certain but the reason generally believed for his underwhelming display was the good/firm going with good ground being the quickest surface previously encountered.He made his seasonal bow at the start of the month when running well until tiring late on while recording numbers near his best.The easier underfoot conditions will be in his favour as will I believe the tearaway nature of Tees Spirit towing the field along at a decent clip.With bookmakers offering extended places and double digit odds available I will be disappointed if we don’t profit from at least gaining a place.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

from the book ‘Life after the State’ Dominic Frisby
    (7 deadly wins for a free market)
    No 7 It is the system that brings the most progress,and therefore that which best benefits mankind.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Despite not yet saddling a winner Newmarket newcomer H Al Jehani I believe will make his mark and in saying that putting forward BESHTANI e/w in the Hunt Cup to not only break his duck as a trainer but also give a first Royal meeting success.Connections picked this gelding up from the Aga Khan Studs for the not inconsiderable sum of 340,000 euros and for even that amount it looks money well spent.The stable had a good second with Haunted Dream in a Listed contest on the first day which took the horses form up a notch with every possibility that Beshtani can do similar.The selection showed progressive form in France last year as a 3yo following a sole juvenile run the previous year in which a moderate amount of ability was displayed going off second fav.This gelding has been a slow burn,probably due to a May foaling,and is only now starting to show his true colours.James Doyle rides once again,as he did on seasonal debut,and after displaying excellent numbers at Epsom I’m looking for at least a place before going on to better things.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Although hampered towards the closing stages I can’t honestly say this was the reason for Beshtani’s defeat here perhaps it was the faster ground or the relentless pace over the straight mile only time will tell.Going to calmer waters today up at Ripon where RUN THIS WAY is in the form of her life at present after winning at Redcar her success over course & distance last time was achieved without the jockey touching this mare with the stick and to quote the RP ‘won with more in hand than the official margin … nearly two lengths ….. and will take plenty of stopping next time’.The key to her success looks quite simply to be give in the ground which she has once again so expecting a big run from her.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Not finding it particularly easy to find selections in the ultra competitive handicaps at Ascot this week,I did like English Oak but thought the price was a bit skinny for a twenty odd runner race.Sticking to your principals as I’ve found out the hard way is usually best and I believe pays off in the long term.So once again will be forsaking Ascot this time for Redcar.Where in the opening contest the gelding being put forward for your consideration hasn’t the best of strike rates but today has conditions to suit following his runaway win just a few days earlier when treating his rivals with disdain.A 5lb penalty I don’t believe will be beyond SUNNY ORANGE having run well off much higher marks in the past.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Although never likely to hit the heights of contesting Royal Ascot EMINENT JEWEL lost her maiden tag in quite taking fashion at the start of the month on her seasonal & handicap debut.Ridden quietly in the rear this filly showed a neat turn of foot to come from last to first in the final quarter mile and taking the race with more in hand than the official margin suggested in my opinion.
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

Cooperation between horse & rider was sadly lacking with Eminent Jewel,I won’t say this cost us the race but it certainly didn’t do us any favours.I also need to apologise for yesterday’s selection (Sunday) and my failure to bring it to your attention.As fortune dictates it duly obliged fairly romping away so my sincere apologies for this mishap on my part,just distracted by other things that needed to be done.
    Today the Andrew Balding gelding EQUITY LAW looks worth a small investment if going to evens or better.Returning to a sounder surface last time at Sandown saw a much improved effort from his seasonal bow on the heavy ground at Bath.Also recorded clear personal best career numbers with the RP commenting ‘has more to offer’
    good luck to all

Blackcountry Kid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 760

The British welfare system has created more invalids than the first world war.

Theodore Dalrymple (author & psychiatrist)
    Bodrum,Turkey 2012

Viewing 17 posts - 426 through 442 (of 481 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.