The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Supreme Novices Hurdle 2020

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2020 Supreme Novices Hurdle 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 182 total)
  • Author
    Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

My main bet will be the ante post favourite MALONE ROAD 11/1. The bumper form and trainers comments suggesting schooling well and plenty of speed at home. ENVOI ALLEN it seems will be aimed at the BALLYMORE, Thoughts?

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1840

Andy Dufresne 20-1. This and the Ballymore. Cash out later once target known.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1767

Malone road looked an airplane

If he can jump he wins

Though a flat speed track may suit better than Cheltenham

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 702

I think Malone Road really stood out when he spanked Mt Leinster that time but Mt Leinster went on to be disappointing. Malone Road does look like he will be good but I dont think the Mt Leinster form is as good as it looked at the time.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

Vautour, that is a fair point on the bumpers last year. Mullin’s hardly ran anything, i would very much believe that his best weren’t seen and generally his are up there with the best!

I have taken 16/1 about Malone Road, i do think he looked special. I saw him at Down Royal and it was hard not to be taken aback.

I do agree though, even Envoi Allen who is now best priced 7/1 for the Ballymore has the bumper form to prove.

Interestingly Malone Road hasn’t shown up at Down Royal for the winners bumper Elliot had mentioned, hope it’s a sign he goes over hurdles right away and not a setback.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1250

I’m all over Malone Road also, taken a decent amount of 16s at the start of the month. Speed he’s shown is unreal.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1840

Didn’t Malone Road get injured? He may have been an aeroplane but post injury he could be a milk float. ;-)

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 702

It’s just worth noting that Malone Road is currently 8/1 for the Supreme; he had 2 Bumper runs last year where he beat horses that have gone on to be bang average. The form of his Bumper wins are sketchy; although he was visually impressive in them. The fact he was injured as well is a turn off. Andy Dufresne had 1 Bumpoer run last season beating Golden Spread who is a similar yard stick to Mt Leinster. He’s highly thought of also.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2710

Henderson seems pretty sweet on Shishkin but that Kempton form is appalling ( we’ve been here before with wide margin winners of late season Kempton bumpers) and he’s not bred for this at all.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

He was certainly good on the eye that day Mark.

A ptp expert Declan Phelan had this to say on him ” I note all three of his runs have been on flat right-handed tracks: this is a pointer blessed with raw speed and one who could conceivably operate to a very high level over 2 miles and 2m4f. He has a full brother called Marcle Ridge, a one-time Irish pointer, now pointing/hunter chasing in the UK: this sibling is a bridle horse, and it remains to be seen how Shishkin will fare on a stiff track or when put under pressure. If kept to tracks like Kempton, Haydock etc, he can win over hurdles at graded level: he may more of an Aintree festival horse than a Cheltenham operator.”

So it’ll be interesting to see how he pans out.

Worth noting L’air Du Vent was going very well against him in their ptp before falling. Shishkin had had a run previously too.

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 702

I think 20/1 is too big for Envoi Allen for this. Everyone seems to think he’ll run in the Ballymore but he had plenty pf speed on Saturday. Andy Dufresne is by Doyen so he’s probably more of a Ballymore horse. Anyway, the market certainly thinks Envoi Allen is going to the Ballymore but he was very good on Saturday over 2 miles.

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2574

Vautour no 20s anymore, had this convo after the race- only 14s now.

MarkTTMarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2710

Interesting what he says there about Shishkin, Jack, as he’s bred to be a stayer.

SteeplechasingSteeplechasing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5769

I can’t recall a big horse like Envoi Allen having such an accomplished hurdling technique as that one showed at the weekend, especially first time out. I wouldn’t want to oppose him anywhere for now.

Never argue with a fool. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience, then onlookers might not be able to tell the difference. https://lazybet.com/

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 122

I’m also of the opinion that ENVOI ALLEN Is going here. After that run the other day, Elliot suggested that he will stay at 2 miles for now but then again his mind changes like the wind

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 182 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.