Supreme novices hurdle 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Supreme novices hurdle 2017

This topic contains 614 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  ham 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 615 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5262

Not great hurdle debut but not all star novices jump great 1st time up i think he improve his jumping as he races more exeperiance he get to

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Having watched a bunch of replays last night, I thought Peace News, Lough Derg Spirit + Moon Racer were the most impressive.

I also thought Thomas Campbell looked good but his dam was roughly 140 rated, so not sure he’ll be better than that.

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

In anticipation of Midnight Maestro running a good race here, I’ve backed him EW at 33s for the Supreme. Was well backed LTO + I think he has prospects in the 3.45, but this is a very very hot race.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5262

Pingshou won race at Cheltenham and Henderson horse was 2nd the winner quite far behind JENKINS last time as well.

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2950

Pingshou won race at Cheltenham and Henderson horse was 2nd the winner quite far behind JENKINS last time as well.

Good luck with your bet Darren :good:

A bit of aftertiming magic, but must admit to having a Tenner @ 12’s :rose:

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

In anticipation of Midnight Maestro running a good race here, I’ve backed him EW at 33s for the Supreme. Was well backed LTO + I think he has prospects in the 3.45, but this is a very very hot race.

Bookmakers couldn’t give it away. An absolutely pathetic performance. Embarrassing (well it should be) for racing that the Stewards don’t appear to have even asked the question.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15269

No luck Zark, based on that run anyway. I thought long and hard before the race about taking the 33’s, but that drift that stilvi mentioned was very concerning, and as I don’t go in heavy on The Novice Hurdles, I really didn’t want to dilute my position on Jenkins.

That said, I did stick him in an Ante-Post JP Mug 15, but based on that today, it’s one leg down already, he really was brutal today.

Hopefully he’ll bounce back though, and keep that bet of yours alive……not to mention my mug bet :good:

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

He looked rubbish, VtC. Bet was just a few quid, no problem.

Zarkava
    Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

The 456 from Lough Derg Spirit’s race were all completely useless at Plumpton yesterday. Jenkins’ form looks on a different planet.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15269

Skybet are now NRNB on this race.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

I think if you just looked at the bare result that would seem like an impressive start by Jenkins. Looking beyond that the Skelton horse clearly ran out of petrol and the second wants a greater stamina test. The biggest concern was his jumping which was scrappy at best. He will need to buck his ideas up considerably on a quicker surface.

Woeful round of jumping on quicker ground today in a race that should have been a penalty kick. Much to prove now and he could be one of these Flat breds who has already decided the jumps game isn’t his bag. Either way you wouldn’t touch him for a Supreme.

MarkTT
    MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2593

The Supreme market is dreadful. Cilaos Emery might be the best each way bet. The horse he thrashed into second won a fair contest at Leopardstown today. 16s still available.

Blow By Blow would win this easily if they could get him fit.

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8707

One of my fav races at the meeting,robbed with ‘Darlan’ 25/1 and ‘MTOY’ 25/1,nailed ‘Vautour’ 10/1 and ‘Altior’ 8/1 but Arcalis winning this in 2005 was my greatest result in the ‘Supreme’.’Senewalk’ was the long time Ante-Post fav for this even before Rich Ricci signed the cheque,he needs to do the same on ‘Cilaos emery’ if he’s got one for this years race I reckon.My idea of this years winner is another Grey…Capitaine 25/1 in places still,this fellow will be single figures if he wins the grade 1 Tolworth on Saturday and the logical stepping stone to the ‘Supreme’itself,yes I know Historically Tolworth winners tend to take the ‘Neptune’ route but this greys a free runner and 2m is his trip this year.I’m hoping he can run em ragged at Sandown and go to Cheltenham and lay it down to ‘Moon Racer’ a horse who has been trained for this for the past 2 years.

The Ante-Post King
    The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8707

He’ll win anything easily if he ever gets back on the racetrack,I’m hoping Albert Bartlett myself Mark.

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 770

The Supreme market is dreadful. Cilaos Emery might be the best each way bet. The horse he thrashed into second won a fair contest at Leopardstown today. 16s still available.

Agree. Backed BBB to win any race at 10’s but gone in at 25’s for Supreme.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 615 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.