Supreme novices hurdle 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Supreme novices hurdle 2017

This topic contains 614 replies, has 63 voices, and was last updated by  ham 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 615 total)
  • Author

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5265

JENKINS 25/1

Put him up for this race in my jumps thread at DLAP thread last month and think when he see hurdle for first time he improve even more.Think he is smart horse

charlie87
    charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 770

JENKINS 25/1

Put him up for this race in my jumps thread at DLAP thread last month and think when he see hurdle for first time he improve even more.Think he is smart horse

Was listening to a RP jump season preview earlier (on Youtube) and they were saying that the horse on everyones lips in the Henderson yeard is Jenkins.

KingSprinterSacre
    KingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 410

added Jenkins myself. took the best priced 20s on offer.

Venture to Cognac
    Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 15287

Good luck guys, got Jenkins at 20’s and 25’s myself as well.

Don’t usually get involved too heavily in The Novice Hurdles Ante-Post, but was determined to keep this guy on side after Punchestown, and had a few quid on a couple of months back. Only his short price stopped me from betting him at Punchestown, I was really keen on him after that outstanding Newbury run, and despite the reverse, I feel you can put a line through that race, and happy to have him on side.

As I said, don’t like getting involved with The Novice Hurdlers, but this season could be different. Already mentioned Battleford plenty of times on here this season and last (and a couple of times tonight on other threads lol), and only confusion over his final target is stopping me having a decent bet on him, though he has made a few multis for this and The Neptune at 20’s.

The other one I like is Castello Sforza, and have had a few quid on at 25’s.

CharlesOlney
    CharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

Koshari 20/1 for the ever powerful Mullins-Ricci partnership.

A winner in France in 2015, he was obviously well thought of by Mullins to be chucked in a decent race for his stable debut when out-battling a decent yardstick in Bello Conti after traveling smoothly throughout at Punchestown in April.

I feel at the odds, he’s worth a speculative punt as if he does make it to Cheltenham in March he could start a short-priced favourite. I know Senewalk is perceived as Mullins’ main hope but I don’t see value in a 10/1 shot for the Festival when I haven’t even seen them jump a flight.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

Charles I’m afraid you’ve done your dough. As koshari is not a novice . Plenty in the market who are not novices so be careful.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

Koshari
    Bonbon au miel
    Muthaza (rip)
    Karalee

Just of the ones in the mullins yard won’t be running in any novice races.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

And baupaume and land and hope of glory are 2 juveniles in the fox hunters market.

Avant tout, bally casey and cause of causes also in the Albert bartlett

Balthazar king retired in the cross country.

After skimming through i’m sure there’s more ineligible horses in the markets.

Ben_Bernanke
    Ben_Bernanke
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

I know Senewalk is perceived as Mullins’ main hope but I don’t see value in a 10/1 shot for the Festival when I haven’t even seen them jump a flight.

10/1 will seem awful big when he’s 6/4 on the day ;-)

botchy1
    botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2959

I know Senewalk is perceived as Mullins’ main hope but I don’t see value in a 10/1 shot for the Festival when I haven’t even seen them jump a flight.

10/1 will seem awful big when he’s 6/4 on the day ;-)

Debut run today.

thehorsesmouth
    thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5489

Some of the prices seem to get more ridiculous every year. Last year Min was around 10/1 before his maiden hurdle if I remember correctly, this year we have Senewalk and Melon 10/1 and 16/1 and neither have jumped a hurdle in public.

Senewalk makes his debut over 2m 4f today, you can take the view that distances don’t seem to matter to Mullins when it comes to maiden/novice hurdles but if I was holding a ticket for the Supreme at 10/1 I would have preferred to see him debut over 2m.

A bit of perspective is needed here I feel: Vautour was 10/1 for the Supreme after winning a maiden hurdle and a Grade 3. Imo you’re taking a massive chance on many fronts by taking the 10/1 for the Supreme.

Where has all the value gone, long time passing…

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

No flowers for Senewalk today.

Must admit for most of the race I was thinking what are they doing just gifting Walsh an easy lead. It happens so often with the hotpot going no great pace and then quickening away without having anything like a hard race. For once that scenario didn’t play out and the white flag was raised very quickly.

It appears from Oddschecker that Melon has become the new flavour of the month.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4526

I think if you just looked at the bare result that would seem like an impressive start by Jenkins. Looking beyond that the Skelton horse clearly ran out of petrol and the second wants a greater stamina test. The biggest concern was his jumping which was scrappy at best. He will need to buck his ideas up considerably on a quicker surface.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 444

I backed him for the neptune after that on the exchange at 28.0 down to 23.0 already on for the supreme at 25s but my immediate thought was a step up in trip is possible at some stage.
    Has some engine mind.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4322

I think Jenkins still has loads to learn but you are right Rocky he has some engine!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 615 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.