Supreme novices hurdle 2017

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham 2017 Supreme novices hurdle 2017

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 615 total)
  • Author
    KingSprinterSacreKingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 411

Talk is Blow by Blow wont be seen on the track this season

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 621

Saturnas looked decent in Leopardstown over Xmas. Still no sign of Melon yet.

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 445

Likely saturnas will be stepped up in trip. But I do like him

rocky91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 445

He is set to tackle two and a quarter miles at Leopardstown on February 12 and owner Nicky Peacock expects him to go up in distance again at the Festival.

He said: “We were obviously delighted with him at Leopardstown and the handicapper has put him up 7lb, so he obviously felt it was a good performance.

“Paul (Townend) felt the winner got a bit of a soft lead at Fairyhouse. They let her get away and they couldn’t peg her back. Time will tell on that one.

“Our horse won nicely in the end the other day, hopefully he’ll continue to progress and I think his next race will be the Deloitte.

“We’ll see where we go after that. We’re hoping to go Cheltenham and I think the Neptune would be more likely than the Supreme, but we’ll leave it up to Willie.

“We’ll see what else Willie has nearer the time, but hopefully he’ll be shuffled into the pack somewhere.”

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 785

I read on the betfair forum GE said he would be back on track in 5 weeks

KingSprinterSacreKingSprinterSacre
    Participant
    • Total Posts 411

I read on the betfair forum GE said he would be back on track in 5 weeks

awesome – hope that is the case

aaronizneezaaronizneez
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1685

One of my fav races at the meeting,robbed with ‘Darlan’ 25/1 and ‘MTOY’ 25/1,nailed ‘Vautour’ 10/1 and ‘Altior’ 8/1 but Arcalis winning this in 2005 was my greatest result in the ‘Supreme’.’Senewalk’ was the long time Ante-Post fav for this even before Rich Ricci signed the cheque,he needs to do the same on ‘Cilaos emery’ if he’s got one for this years race I reckon.My idea of this years winner is another Grey…Capitaine 25/1 in places still,this fellow will be single figures if he wins the grade 1 Tolworth on Saturday and the logical stepping stone to the ‘Supreme’itself,yes I know Historically Tolworth winners tend to take the ‘Neptune’ route but this greys a free runner and 2m is his trip this year.I’m hoping he can run em ragged at Sandown and go to Cheltenham and lay it down to ‘Moon Racer’ a horse who has been trained for this for the past 2 years.

I quite like the look of Capitaine but for me the ground needs to be good to soft at worse, soft or heavy would put me off. However at 25’s with William Hill I’ve taken a chance. Apologies for burdening your selection with my money TAPK

The Ante-Post KingThe Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8706

I quite like the look of Capitaine but for me the ground needs to be good to soft at worse, soft or heavy would put me off. However at 25’s with William Hill I’ve taken a chance. Apologies for burdening your selection with my money TAPK

Always re-assuring when others agree Aaron,Good luck.Tell you something,when I first saw ‘Finians Oscar’ win at lowly Hereford the other week I wrote down ‘Neptune/Albert Bartlett’ type so I’m amazed connections fancy taking on the speedy Capitaine over 2m..9/4 about our horse on Saturday should read 6/4 imo.

cheltmancheltman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 82

A horse I like for this race is one nicky Henderson brought to the race track on boxing day and it’s called Charli Parcs won with any amount in hand liked the good ground jumped well and really picked up after the last!

Just a bit worried about which race he will go for currently available to back at 16s for the supreme but might be a Neptune target?.thoughts on the horse and what race will they aim the horse at?.

bigslipsbigslips
    Participant
    • Total Posts 37

A horse I like for this race is one nicky Henderson brought to the race track on boxing day and it’s called Charli Parcs won with any amount in hand liked the good ground jumped well and really picked up after the last!

Just a bit worried about which race he will go for currently available to back at 16s for the supreme but might be a Neptune target?.thoughts on the horse and what race will they aim the horse at?.

the horse is 2nd fav for the triumph as it is a juvenile mate..

joliffjoliff
    Participant
    • Total Posts 351

I’m with Capitaine at 25/1 here despite his 2nd at the weekend, still think the hurly burly of this race will suit him – he has the Al Ferof’ss about him!

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

the horse is 2nd fav for the triumph as it is a juvenile mate..

Still, he might be running in the Supreme. Binocular finished 2nd (?) in the Supreme as a 4yo for the same trainer.

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 476

Any normal year I think charli Paris would go triumph I’m just confused because McManus has so many of the market principles in the triumph and none in the supreme that he may put one or 2 of his triumph horses in the supreme

GladiateurGladiateur
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1132

Binocular finished 2nd (?) in the Supreme as a 4yo for the same trainer.

Indeed he did- to the same owner’s Captain Cee Bee, no less. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see at least one of the McManus juveniles switched to the Supreme, especially as none of the older novices has really stamped its authority on the two mile division yet.

CharlesOlneyCharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

I think there’s a fair chance Finian’s Oscar could end up here so a nibble at 12/1 might not be a disastrous idea despite the fact the Neptune seems the more winnable race.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 615 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.