The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sun Chariot 2009

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Sun Chariot 2009

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tenbob
    • Total Posts 156

my points system (its points not pounds)

144 ghanaati
    132 heaven sent
    128 strawberrydaiquiri
    127 fantasia
    125 alnadana
    122 spacious
    118 evas request
    116 sahpresa
    115 lahaleeb
    112 nashmiah

will back ghanaati win
    and heaven sent ew

Goldikova
    • Total Posts 1537

I think Ghanatti will win, but i want a higher price so i’ve went with Spacious e/w at 16’s. She should be alright with the track and prefers the faster going. Looking forward to the race.

Woyd
    • Total Posts 32

Ghanatti is too short a price for my liking.
    I want to know why alnadana is such a big price????? :shock: :? :shock: :?

Bosranic
    • Total Posts 1982

Strawberrydaiquiri has been patietly trained and is improving with every run. She will have to improve again, but I think she’s up to this.

Heavenly Sent and Spacious are both well overpriced. Sir Michael Stoute’s mare returned to form at Leopardstown after getting bogged down on her previous start, along with latter, who failed to stay in the conditions.

One can argue that their Falmouth effort behind Goldikova is the pick on form and anything like that will see them both go close.

Both go well here and both have their preferred conditions.

Perhaps Ghanaati had an off day last time or maybe she wasn’t quite good enough, but if she returns to the type of form that won her a Guineas and Coronation Stakes, she should go very well.

Too much of an ‘If’ for my liking – she looked flat behind Rip Van Winkle in the Sussex.

Fantasia is another who would have a chance if right back to her very best.

This is the sort of race where you can question the merit of the market leaders and fancy any number of bigger priced candidates.

I’m looking at Strawberrydaquiri to reward Sir Michael’s patience and one gets the feeling this has been her target since day one. Heaven Sent and Spacious are both overpriced and should go well.

thehorsesmouth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5552

Heaven Sent is way too big a price, 14/1 is a SERIOUS price

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4515

When did they drop this race down from 1m2f? I was going to put up the Stoute filly until I noticed.

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Ghanaati and Strawberrydaiquiri are the type of horses that Heaven Sent has always struggled against, simply isn’t good enough to win a group 1. Spacious isn’t badly priced though on this better ground and if she takes a lead of Sahpresa could go alright but bit to much to forget for me.

Front 3 in the betting represent pretty poor value for money to back, i’ll be looking at laying Fantasia but don’t expect i’ll back in this race, good luck those that do

shabby
    • Total Posts 638

If you take the view that Fantasia is a poor traveller, then she looks the bet to me back at Newmarket @ 5.6

tbracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

She travelled ok for the pouliches, think time has told us she isn’t quite up to group 1 level, certainly not with a horse like Ghanaati stood in her way. Fascinating race to watch i think, look forward to it!

Himself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3777

This is the first time I have deserted Strawberrydaiquiri this season – hopefully I won’t regret it.

I do think that Ghanaati is a class above the rest and if she is in good order ( I trust she is ) then it should be plain sailing.

The 13/8 on offer about her winning seemed appealing, so I had a little nibble.

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Really quite like Alnadana.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.