The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Stayers Hurdle 2022

Home Forums Cheltenham 2022 Stayers Hurdle 2022

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 92 total)
  • Author
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4333

I was a little surprised he was declared

But with his injury record I guess they just have to run him whenever he’s fit

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5157

For those of you, like me, who don’t do well enough to attract the bean counters’ attentions and thus have alll the concessions from b365, I thought the 33-1 NRNB BOG for McFabulous was quite good. If he wins the Cleeve or goes close, he’ll shorten. If he doesn’t, there’s every chance he won’t go at all and you’ll get your money back. I’ve put a bit on ew.

I’ve also taken the 40-1 ew with the above concession on Lisnagar Oscar (then added a nip at 66s with Paddy Power straight antepost as a final shaky vote of confidence).

The Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2722

“For those of you, like me, who don’t do well enough to attract the bean counters’ attentions and thus have alll the concessions from b365, I thought the 33-1 NRNB BOG for McFabulous was quite good. If he wins the Cleeve or goes close, he’ll shorten. If he doesn’t, there’s every chance he won’t go at all and you’ll get your money back. I’ve put a bit on ew.”

This all sounds very sensible indeed to me. Looks an even weaker division than usual, and McFabulous could well need 3m now. Good luck with it, think you’ve picked a knocking good bet out there in fairness.

BUY THE SUN

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5157

I had a think about the rest of the NRNB+BOG markets and another similar one could be Fusil Raffles at 33-1 ew for the Ryanair. If he strolled up today he’d shorten. If he doesn’t, Mister Fisher is Nicky’s sole representative in the Ryanair and Fusi goes for the Plate, I would think.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4333

As a backer I’m certainly hoping champ runs a lot better than KD did

He shouldn’t get cut unless he wins very impressively but I bet they cut him regardless if he wins

The Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2722

Anything aged 10 or above has a horrendous record in the main races. Champ is getting a lot of folk ignoring this. Win or lose today, he will get stuffed in March by a younger horse.

BUY THE SUN

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4333

A gold cup quality horse reverting to hurdles and running in the stayers hurdle is exactly the type to bust age stats

The Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2722

Which Gold Cup Quality horse?

BUY THE SUN

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4333

Champ

The quality of his engine is gold cup level, he just cant jump a fence

The Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2722

Champ wouldn’t win a Gold Cup if he had a fence head start.

BUY THE SUN

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4333

Well yes he can’t jump fences

But that isn’t really relevant to the stayers hurdle

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4406

Paul Kealy on the podcast said last night Champ is his selection today but taking him on in March due to the bad record of 10 yr olds.

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2960

Wont be busting any age stats in this lifetime

More on KD AT 8s given “put a line through it” was all that was reported

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4333

Well this race has been blown wide open the last 3 days

Both kd and champ turned over

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3287

They may as well have a go at the Gold Cup with Champ now. He is probably not going to win this race and Chantry House is not going to win the Gold Cup.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4333

He could still win this race

He hasn’t run to the level he did in the long walk today but all hope is not lost

Whereas running against better horses over obstacles he can’t jump he has zero chance

One of

Flooring porter
    Klassical dream
    Champ
    Thyme hill

Will very likely win I just couldn’t tell you which one

The Tatling Cheekily
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2722

This looks ripe for an upset from a younger horse to me. Aspire Tower at 50’s looks interesting. Last years Bartlett winners connections were crackers to go chasing.

BUY THE SUN

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 92 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.