The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Stats for June….

Home Forums Horse Racing Stats for June….

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Tom
    • Total Posts 205

A stats board tells us that eleven racehorses perished on the track in the month of June.

robnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6217

Note that if it happens ‘on my watch’ and I get to know of it, sadly not always the same thing, the departed will be noted on the Memorials section.

Hoping that it wasn’t one added to the list, can anyone confirm that King Barry was OK after breaking down at Uttoxeter on Sunday?

Rob

Tom
    • Total Posts 205

King Barry was not on the list but these stats only tell of horses put down on the course.

bluechariot
    Participant
    • Total Posts 570

Wonder how many humans died at work during the same period?

Anyone got stats?

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901
    % MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

So, statistically, the figures slightly worse for humans.

So, Tom, why have you not posted a thread on human fatalities in the workplace?

Or do you have another aganda?

Seven Towers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 608

Hi Tom
    Which "stats board" has this information?

Cheers
    ST

Silvoir
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

Is Tom your real name, Tom?

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

We all know the ‘stats’ are from Animal Aid’s Racehorse Deathwatch.

The last time I looked there had been about 400 deaths in around 800 days.

Almost, one everyother day. :shock:

Silvoir
    Participant
    • Total Posts 270

And in those 800 days there would have been well over 20,000 individual horses run, totalling over 200,000 runners.

dave jay
    • Total Posts 3386

I bet the stats for humans dying at work that live in China are worse than those than the ones that die at work and live in this country .. I get sick of people knocking the China-eans, especially after the Olyimpics.

We’re knee deep in cheaps shoes in our house .. and that is a stat (made in China by children .. is what it says on the soul).

Seven Towers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 608

Perhaps Tom is Dene Stanshall posting under a pseudonym. He was rumbled on the RP website for posting anti-racing comments under his own name.

rory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Perhaps Tom is Dene Stanshall posting under a pseudonym. He was rumbled on the RP website for posting anti-racing comments under his own name.

I went head to head with Dene Stanshall in the Post a few years ago when he posted some idiotic comments about Kelso after a horse of Rhona Oliver’s was sadly killed.

Gem
    • Total Posts 2

"Pompete":3to4lnmm wrote: We all know the ‘stats’ are from Animal Aid’s Racehorse Deathwatch.

The last time I looked there had been about 400 deaths in around 800 days.

Almost, one everyother day. :shock:

If these ‘stats’ are from Animal Aid – I’m afraid it would appear you have your figures wrong. Surely just a simple task of counting!

hoofhearted
    • Total Posts 248

Whereas you seem incapable of the simple task of reading!
    You’ve obviously overlooked the "

every

other

day" element of the post in question.

Gem
    • Total Posts 2

A stats board tells us that eleven racehorses perished on the track in the month of June.

I understand the one every other day aspect – however animal aid states that 12 horses were lost at tracks during June not 11 (please see original post).

Pompete
    • Total Posts 2391

I understand the one every other day aspect – however animal aid states that 12 horses were lost at tracks during June not 11 (please see original post).

Gem, they may have added one after Tom posted, I don’t know and until he tells us I suspose I’m wrong to state otherwise. If there is another site listing the deaths of racehorses perhaps he could be good enough to tell us as I would like to know.

It’s a very serious subject and one that we shouldn’t avoid discussing.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.