Sir Erec

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

The initial point I was making suddenly seems a lot more relevant now also unfortunately. Very sad stuff.

@TomBarkley87
    topweighttom.blogspot.com

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2316

What point is that?

The breeding line? Lol hopefully thats not what your referring to and im missing the “initial point”

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

Yes ham the (in)breeding line!

@TomBarkley87

bozlikebozlike
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1665

It’s no stretch to say that Sir Erec was bred poorly, especially given the wealth at Ballydoyle’s disposal. I’m not sitting here and saying that this wouldn’t have happened but for his bloodline, but would a horse more soundly bred have been less brittle at that moment? Again that’s not for me to say nor imagine, but it’s a point worth raising in my humble opinion. It’s why I started the thread way back when. It’s just a crying shame it took this to happen to allow the argument to reappear.

@TomBarkley87

KrisKris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 470

A crying shame for the horse, I took a shine to him, and it was horrendous what happened.

Cheltenham Novice Chase
    Participant
    • Total Posts 302

Bozlike – Obviously it was so very sad. On that I think everyone will agree.

To your point about about a potential correlation about inbreeding and injury, I think it would be very interesting indeed to read a report of some kind on this and to look at the stats to see if this could shed any light on the issue. I also think it would interesting to assess the success, on and off the track, of the progeny of such in bred horses to see if they fare less well from a results perspective too. Any volunteers?

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1111

The horse is not in-bred, its 3×3. Enable & Footpad are worse – 3×2 and a heap of other good horses are 3×3.

You breed the best to the best and it reaps results. It doesn’t cause legs to break, hitting hurdles can though.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2617

They have watered the course so by default – a 3x3x2 month return trip and all inclusive inbreeding fest on the moisturised red planet – booked @Recall

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.