The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Saturday 9th

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cleandries
    • Total Posts 408

Very briefly i stake 10% of my bank on each horse i select….But today i hav’nt got the right feel so im only going to stake 10% between these 5 horses in EW singles, doubles, trixies, yankie etc….& if it doesn’t come off its NO big deal….but having said that id like to think a few will give a run for the money

Bath<br>4.20 Zato<br>4.50 Oakley Absolute

Goodwood<br>2.20 Binanti<br>3.25 Activo<br>5.05 Altenburg

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

I am surprised that Dahman is as big as 4’s for the 3:20 at Bath. First run of the season since finishing lame last year but the trainer is in excellent form:biggrin: and this horse is very well handicaped. I’ve bet on him e/w at 4’s.

Bolodenka in the 5:30 York looks a solid each way if he stays at his first attempt at 10f. Running against a lot of exposed types:(  – this is a weaker race than the last one he ran in. I’ve got on e/w at 13/2.

I fancy the chance of Illustrious Blue in the 3:25 Good but the price of 5/2 is skinny and traffic probs can be a problem at Good’d.    

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

I agree about DAHMAN but have a little nagging doubt about the track (think a long run in and flat track like York would suit better) and about the firm ground after an injury lay-off. Having said that I still think he’s good value at around 9/2.

I can’t believe ECHO OF LIGHT is 11/4 in the 4.25 at York. I think he is top-class, seems likely to get an easy lead and the trip and ground are right. It would be criminal not to have a bet. There you are…kiss of death!

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

Good call with Echo Of Light:biggrin:  – always good when judgement turns out to be spot on. Seems you may have been right about Dahman. I backed Illustrious Blue when he drifted out in the betting to over 3/1 but still made a loss on the day at racing:( :( <br>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.