The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Saturday 17th June

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Saturday 17th June

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    FlatSeasonLoverFlatSeasonLover
    • Total Posts 2065

I’m aware that I’ve posted a long run of losing tips on 2yo races so I’ll skip them today. There are 3 horses that caught my eye last time and I’ll put them up here although I don’t know their prices

5:25 York

2pts MIGHTY – Ran green on debut but was really powering home at the end of the race. From a yard that will have trained it well and should have improved leaps and bounds from its debut, which was quite a hot race.

7:35 Lingfiled

1pt ONLY IF I LAUGH – This horse has been knocking on the door recently and I think it will be allowed into the winners enclosure here. He was unlcuky to bump into his in form stablemate last time, but the trainer just sends the one to bring home the bacon in this race and with many out of form horses I am expecting it to go very close.

7:45 Leicester

1pt DON’T TELL SUE – There was plenty of money for this one last time as it was bidding for a hatrick and there was seemingly plenty of confidence from connections. The horse had previously ran two career bests and 5f GD-FM seem its optimum conditions. However it got agitated in the stalls and probably should have been withdrawn but it injured itself when leaving the stalls and didn’t participate till the others had already run 1f. Having just seen the write up in the Racing Post this horse could actually drift to a very big price. I will back this and back it in running as well once it has made a safe start out of the stalls.

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

you made me check and of my last 21 bets 6 were 2yo races and have all won (all short priced favs).  5 were maiden races and they also won but i backed 5 losers in other races.

three i’ll be backing today are :

Lipocco – looks a 2-horse race and i just can’t see southandwest as the better horse for this race

Alhaajes – shocking price but something will have to be a bit special or it will take an accident to stop this winning, imo

Silent Jo – looks a good horse and it doesn’t seem up against much to me

i know they’re short prices but it’s working for me profit-wise and i find the strike rate much more pleasing.  

• Total Posts 2065

Three losers. Time to take a time out I think.

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

i love racing, bask in the glory quietly then just when you think you can do wrong, advertise your picks and watch em go down the toilet – tomorrow is a day off anyway, british motocross gp – probably for the best, long as i don’t look at betfair for the races…

• Total Posts 2065

You cannot possibly be doing as badly as me.

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

it’s not been bad recently, but today was a proper smack in the face – if we hit joint runs like this we should sell ’em as lays :)

tomorrow is a day off and maybe i’ll do an afternoon or evening meet next week if there’s one close enough on – beats sitting in front of the pc

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Everyone has good runs and bad runs. If you are confident that your selection process and ratings stand the test of time then you have th plough on. However if your bank balance is telling you otherwise, by all means you need to evaluate how to change it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.