The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Salford Art on Sunday!

Home Forums Horse Racing Salford Art on Sunday!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Leeknowles1
    • Total Posts 100

Hello guys, its been a while since i have been on here as i have been very busy with work trying to tackle the aftermath of the Chinese new year!

Just thought id pop on as Salford art, our filly that came 4th in the fillies mile at Newmarket behind Lyric of Light, Has been entered Sunday at Newmarket in the Pretty Polly stakes (listed) as her first run of the season, she is also entered into the ribblesdale Group2 at Royal Ascot.

The jockey booked for Sunday is Johnny Murtagh, which we are very pleased about!

The step up to 1m2f Will suit her on newmarkets stiff track and we are hoping to show on her group 1 4th (which was later scratched by a poor run at Pontefract, which we put down to being "over the top")

top weight in the race Fallen for you was behind her at Newmarket that day although they think very highly of her, and she will most likely enjoy the step up in trip aswell.

The ground at the moment seems to be the only issue, The ground was soft last night before the rain, it rained at HQ between 8pm and probably around 4am, And when briefly watching the weather last night it was predicted between 20-40mm of rain, so we wait on that as the ground is key, I think she prefers a bit of cut, and soft may suit if it slows the race down for her to get wound up, but we don’t want her getting too tired first time out this season.

Best of luck to anyone who attends or has a cheeky bet on the weekend!

Lee

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.