Sales Prices – gone walkabout ?

Home Forums Tipping and Research Trends, Research And Notebooks Sales Prices – gone walkabout ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1021

I do not subscribe a monthly charge to the RP but until recently I have been able to access the sales prices of progeny simply by clicking on the dam and then the progeny sales.

This adds to the fun and has proven to be a useful tool as far as form study goes.

Is there a way that I can obtain the progeny sales from any source without having to pay a charge.
    I already now reluctantly pay for my Excel Office Spreadsheet (used for my form analysis) annually which didn’t used to be the case.

Any suggestions ?

Alex

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3015

Alex,

Had the same problem with the Post restricting access to that info. You can find details by visiting the websites of the sales companies and entering the name of the dam in the search box they offer.

So for example, go to ‘Tattersalls.com’, enter the dam name and it will show you all sales involving that horse back to 1999. Other sites are ‘Goffsuk.com’ for sales at Doncaster, ‘Goffs.com’ for their sales in Ireland, ‘Arqana.com’ for the main French sales company, ‘Tattersalls.ie’ for their Irish outlet, etc.

Slower, but provides all the info eventually.

AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1021

apracing, You are a star *
    And thanks for the examples, that helps quite a bit.

apracing
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3015

Alex,

There is another ‘free’ resource that gives full details on any named dam here:

https://www.the-racehorse.com/

But I’m not sure how often you can go on there before they require a fee.

AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1021

apracing
    Thanks again.
    Another source (although limited to youngsters starting out etc) read Timeform with their free highlights at the foot of some of Betfair races. Purchase prices sometimes given alongside comments.

Alex

Marginal Value
    Participant
    • Total Posts 638

Another potentially useful option is provided by the Bloodhorse website.

Go to bloodhorse.com
    On the dark green menu strip at the top of the page click on “Sales”
    Click on “Search All Results”
    On the Search Sale Results page, choose the “By Horse” tab
    Type the name of the horse you are interested in into to the “Horse Name” box
    On the Horse Type box down arrow menu choose “Dam”
    And now, the two nuisance angles. It will only search one year at a time, and the main UK/Ire results only go back to 2013. Choose a year from the drop down arrow.
    In the Hip Type box choose “All Types”
    Click on “Search”.

The Bloodhorse sales database goes back to 1980 but only for USA sales. Sales results for all the other main racing nations go back only to 2013. But it is interesting to be able to see the sales data from all over the world on one website, by choosing “Results By Sale” from the main Sales menu. Obviously the RP re-instating the Progeny Sales option for non-members, or access to Weatherby’s database are complete solutions. But if you have the time, it is not too difficult to move the on-screen data from Bloodhorse to a spreadsheet or a database on your own PC to search whenever you want.

AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1021

Thanks marginal value
    Its very much appreciated and the info will no doubt be useful for a few of us who like to check out the sale prices.
    I have an idea of using some of the these sale prices and posting up in a few races for interest.
    I’ll have a look and post on this thread.
    thanks again
    Alex

AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1021

Given a quiet Monday the cl3 Plumpton race holds most appeal; There are three with sales (thanks to colleagues for the links to these sales). Longhousesignora has reasonable sales price and perhaps enough hurdle form in this lowish rated race.
    Earlier runs for this race have standard 100. There isn’t any runner this year reaching this rating.

AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1021

Useful Lingfield cl3 tomorrow.
    Not much to report re the sales in the race but the form throws up an above rating albeit Nelsons Touch achieved the 118 sometime in distant past. However,this one has a more recent 67. Good value ?

AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1021

ABANDONED MEETING

AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1021

Good quality races tomorrow. I’ll have an interest in backing the top 2 here in each of the races.

“AYE AYE” – Mahlemade CLOSE UP 3RD AT 16/1 (EW) BET365 & Scaramanga WIN AT 9/2 BET 365

AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1021

Races seem to have cut up somewhat and the Exeter 1.30 is now a non starter for us due to the withdrawal of Espirit.
    Exeter 3.05pm Petite Power looks a strong candidate on the ratings.
    New 5.00pm Heath Charnock could be a value bet with likely fav Brushwork covered as a saver.
    “AYE AYE”: PETITE POWER 2ND 9/1 & BRUSHWORK WON 13/2

AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1021

THIS RACE HAS CUT UP AT THE DEC STAGE AND UMBRIGADO NOW PROBABLY GOES FOR ASCOT RACE 21ST DEC
    PS I NOTE THAT THE 2ND RATED HERE WON YESTERDAY !

LOOKING AHEAD to Saturday

AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1021

“AYE AYE” WALK IN THE MILL 8/1 WIN TODAY

AlexanderAlexander
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1021

Big River has the best rating on earlier form and just warrants an EW interest.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.