RTV vs SSR

Home Forums Horse Racing RTV vs SSR

This topic contains 236 replies, has 32 voices, and was last updated by Cav Cav 1 week, 3 days ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 237 total)
  • Author
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25897

SSR Not a word about the first race time at Royal Ascot!!!
    If this was RTV there’d be widespread analysis.
    We need to know what the ground is.
    F what the jockeys say.

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20492

Get your stopwatch out Mark

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25897

First two races faster than last year’s Queen Anne and Coventry, but SSR still calling it “softer than good”. :wacko:

value is everything
    Nathan Hughes
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 20492

Kings Stand should answer most questions

Don't Eat The Pie and Don't Buy The S*n
    Red Rum 77
    Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 990

Just found Racing TV on my fire TV stick and also downloaded it on my smart phone. For a monthly subscription of just under £25 I thought I’d give it a trial run, previously had to rely on ITV which when I’m working most Saturdays means missing the action and losing touch with the racing world.

phil walker
    phil walker
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1363

Hi Red Rum 77
    How did you get Racing TV on your fire stick? I’ve tried looking for information about this on Google but not having any luck. Thanks

Red Rum 77
    Red Rum 77
    Participant
    • Total Posts 990

Hi Phil, first my apology for taking sometime to answer.

When I checked this site it was late, and on my smart phone so didn’t have the time to reply. Then with this heatwave I’ve been to exhausted to reply and my on air time was taken up with the weekend competitions.

Any way on my Amazon Fire Stick after losing my internet for about a week and half I checked to see if my current apps was still available since between the time of losing conncetion a payment was due to Amazon, luckily nothing was lost.

On Apps I found the Racing TV app which is free for 30 days, but to resister I had to log in to RacingTV.com/member/app and follow the instructions and finally entering a code which plays the racing on TV through my stick.

One word Royal Ascot didn’t seemed to be covered, and neither was the Northumberland Plate, so resisted to those racing on Racing TV.

If you can’t find Racing TV on your apps it might be hidden, just enter Racing TV into Search.

phil walker
    phil walker
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1363

No worries for the delay in replying Red Rum, thanks for your answer.

The reason why you couldn’t find Royal Ascot and the Northumberland Plate is that these are broadcast on Sky Sports Racing not Racing TV.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1859

Sheer lunacy on Saturday Rtv NINE fixtures SSR Zero

The BHA really need to look into taking control of the tv rights.

phil walker
    phil walker
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1363

Agreed Steve, exactly the reason why I cancelled my subscription to Racing TV, I don’t understand the logic of having so many meetings on one day.

If it wasn’t for ITV, I expect Coral are going to be livid at the lack of attantion their meeting at Sandown is bound to attract, barely have the runners passed the winning post in the Coral Eclipse that the announcement will be “lets quickly head to Leicester for their next (tupenny/ha’penny) race…”

runandskip84
    Participant
    • Total Posts 78

Exactly Phil.what kind of idiot at The BHA would schedule a race to go off 5 minutes after a group one? Especially given Sandowns tradition of running late.
    Not to mention a sand race 10 minutes before😡
    It’s no wonder ITVs figures are up when RTV are being drowned in mediocrity

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1859

The irony of tomorrow is 3 courses Leicester, Chelmsford and Naas all swapped to Rtv so if they had stayed it would have been 3 and 3 on both channels.

Not Naas fault they had no say but the other two I hope they realise how stupid they were transferring tomorrow and that Leicester gets sidelined all afternoon.

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25897

“Enable 4 lb better off”.
    As if the weight for age allowance means Enable has a better chance.
    Form experts? My arse.

Matt doing his best John McCrirrick impression.

value is everything
    GoldenMiller34
    GoldenMiller34
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1116

An RTV spokesman says: “Providing all races are run on schedule, split-screens will be kept to a minimum”.

1. It’s inevitable that not every race will go off on schedule.

2. Any split-screen is unacceptable.

3. What viewers want is a decent build-up to and post-race analysis of important races at the principal meeting/s on the big days.

Without a second channel RTV is unable to provide this so it’s no wonder it’s losing subscribers because ITV can, if to a lower intellectual level – but it’s free!

RTV has gone from being a serious racing channel with in depth analysis to being conveyor belt television that has as it’s only aim keeping split-screens down to a minimum. Few people are going to be willing to continue to pay for such lowbrow fare.

And once a subscriber is lost it’s awfully hard to tempt them back.

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1859

An RTV spokesman says: “Providing all races are run on schedule, split-screens will be kept to a minimum”.

1. It’s inevitable that not every race will go off on schedule.

2. Any split-screen is unacceptable.

They have been lucky so far the short race distances have been in their favour.

On a side note the idiot doing the directing on Dubai Racing Channel keeps flicking to itv and they have missed all Leicester races so far why do they need to flick just stay on Rtv

Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 237 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.