RSA 2020

Home Forums Cheltenham 2020 RSA 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 236

I’ve lumped on BATTLEOVERDOYEN so many times and will continue to do so. Still over priced at 16s have gone in again. Can’t believe best 365 left him at 20s and only cut him yesterday.

Battleoverdoyen is still the value. Just hope he travels over better this year. Expect him to be 10/1 after today

Champ is class, but just to short for an ante post bet.

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 185

If he wins well today prices like that will be long gone , like you I’ve played the big prices over the las 4 months , plus he,s in a number of doubles and accumulators

Jasolong
    Participant
    • Total Posts 490

Can’t have battleoverdoyen. So overrated. Not good enough

Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 88

I thought Battleoverdoyen won well enough but the race was spoiled by having to miss out six fences. They know low sun can be an issue this time of year. Why can’t they run the feature race earlier?

My concerns are he looked like he was out on his feet after the last. He was also badly affected by the travelling over to Cheltenham last year. Maybe it was a one off but it has to be a bit of a worry.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 910

He looked like that in his reappearance

Hopefully it’s because hes idling

He still looks a big baby with plenty of maturing to do, hopefully elliot can get a couple more runs into him before March as I think he could do with the experience

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 185

I disagree he,s overrated , he’s as good as we,ve seen so far , his strength is his jumping , missing g all those fences didn’t help him yet he still won , as for being off his feet he,s bred for the gold cup so doubt there’s a stamina issue

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 795

Did it well today without blowing me away. Whether in the overrated camp or not, he’s beaten a good yardstick 150 horse in Any Second Now with relative ease. Fewer fences weren’t in his favour nor was ASN jumping across him. Job done, more experience gained, another win and I think he’ll improve with every run. Reminds me a bit like Don Poli

Ray1891
    Participant
    • Total Posts 89

I agree with FINALFURLONG91 a couple more runs at this sort of level should see him right. I liked what i saw those last 2 fences when he was asked to go he did enough. Id imagine he stays all day and the fact they missed some maybe that forced the race to be run alot quicker then he would like

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 671

This will be a hot division and based on the fact he flopped at the festival last year and with Minella Indo still to come I’m happy put a line through BOD for this.

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 236

Please can someone confirm is ANY SECOND NOW is still a novice chaser come the festival?

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1218

Don’t understand the Battleoverdoyen bashing to be honest. He beat a 150 horse and the 3 first home in the RSA last season were rated 155,153,155. And Battleoverdoyen hasn’t even gone up to 3 miles plus yet which is likely to suit. It may turn out a hot division but still at this stage he has to be on the shortlist.

KevMcKevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1127

ATP – I believe the rule means that Any Second Now is a novice until the end of November. Won his first chase in the Kim Muir.

I’m in the underwhelmed category myself. You can point to that ASN rating of 150, but that rating is over 3 mile 4 not 2 mile 6 and is also a rating that is yet to be proven fully. He won off 143, so his true rating could easily be below 150.

For a horse wanting a further step up in trip, he didn’t go through the line strong yesterday.

Would also have major concerns over both his travelling after last year and also coming down the hill. He’s a huge horse, they don’t all handle coming down the hill at Cheltenham and for all i imagine that’s what they were wanting to test at Galway, Cheltenham is usually much faster than it was there and the hill the other way around.

atthepost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 236

Thanks for confirming regarding novice status.

I think he has loads of scope and will get three miles no problem. He is not a boat and idles abit when he’s in front.

My main concern Is how well will he travel over? This is a worry. I have backed him down from 33s into 16s, but won’t touch him now 10s or lower.

VautourVautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 671

Festival form is something that has stood to me in the past. Don’t like backing horses that have flopped at Cheltenham. Horses for courses is a thing. Won’t be backing Kemboy for the Gold Cup for that very reason. Anyway, this division hasn’t even started yet. So many great staying Novice Chasers to look forward to this year

charlie87charlie87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 795

BOD didn’t eat up pre Ballymore so I wouldn’t read too much into last year. Impossible to knock the importance of Festival form, but a fair few achieve nothing at Cheltenham over hurdles to then go on and win over fences. Blaklion for example in this race. Re ASN, 150 is probably flattering but even mid 140’s he’s beat him with plenty in hand. Roll on 3m over Xmas

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.