The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

RSA 2020

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 169 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7204

Walk Away you’ll be absolutely delighted with GAG

Not entered, although he’s in the Marsh. My favourite big dork Brahma Bull gets an entry. I thought he would be in the NH chase if anything but maybe he would gore an amateur.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7204

I copied Lemons’ selection in the TRF vs Pricewise comp with Aye Right. He travelled and jumped well on debut being unlucky to meet one on no sort of stride and bounce the jockey off. It didn’t affect his rhythm at all amd he led Sam Spinner to the post loose with aplomb. He galloped and jumped similarly well when disposing of Mulcahy’s Hill on his only other chase start and perhaps all his starts over hurdles make up for being light on chase experience as he looks much more assured than you would expect. He’s also in the Marsh chase but both his chase starts were over the longer distance and he seemed to cope well, as his breeding would suggest. He’s 40s with most firms at the moment.

Participant
    • Total Posts 626

Good luck Greenasgrass, I think that he’s worth a few pounds at the 40-1.

• Total Posts 14936

Good luck guys with Aye Right. I reckon he’ll come here, and definitely one for Ayr in April.

I still really like Master Tommytucker for this, but no money down yet.

It seems a long time since the opening post for this, when I had a small early play on Dallas Des Pictons. Even though it was just a small one, I still laid off for a loss, as he hasn’t been great. I took him at 300’s on the exchange though in the off chance that things picked up for him, but it’s not been great.

He looked one for Handicaps, but O’Leary isn’t happy with his UK Rating, so I’m hoping he first of all runs in The Flogas, and secondly, runs well. Unlikely I know, but that’s the hope.

I’ve bet Annamix for Arkle and Marsh, but decided to add him here too. He couldn’t have won easier last time, and I’m just hoping Cheltenham will be for him, and I took 450’s and 460’s.

Annamix 460’s
    Dallas Des Pictons 300’s

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3393

Easy game @40s, should come here after that, came off the bridle early round the bend and stayed all day, theyll probably send him to the marsh, but IMO would be suited better to this, battleoverdoyen will sent it up nicely for him, allaho and others, champ will be in the guiness village coming up the straight.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8083

I wonder if they will wait for Punchestown for Battleoverdoyen? He did nor run well at Cheltenham last year and he did not enhance his chances today.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5687

Today was never going to play to bod strengths , if he,s fit he,ll be at Cheltenham , he was bred to win a GC

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3393

I agree HDLG, but he folded tamely if a pace he set, He might be bred to win a gold cup, but he wont be winning one in this lifetime

Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

Champ running at Musselburgh a week on Saturday.

Still no real opinion in this race personally, rarity for me.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1953

V disappointing how BOD folded so quickly; he seemed to be having the run of the race, and was continually out-jumping Faugheen

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5687

Don’t give up on Bod yet , he,s still 7 and he’s got a big frame to build into , the bookies haven’t weakened his price to much

Participant
    • Total Posts 2925

I think he needs at least 3 miles and a straight like Donny or Chepstow where he has time to find his rhythm

I can’t back him for an RSA

PedroCollingo
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5

Minello Indo is the bet of the festival for me. Lightly campaigned with one big day in mind. His win at Cheltenham last year was very impressive and probably the best bit of form in the race. Not sure how he isn’t the fav??

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7204

Aye Right is 50s NRNB with b365 now Lemons so I had a few bob EW.

Participant
    • Total Posts 626

Thank you GaG, I wasn’t even looking at the market for this, as I was happy with the 40-1, but I joined you with the 50 nrnb definitely.

Good luck

Participant
    • Total Posts 2925

Helluva race and I’ve seen nothing better than what Copperhead did at the weekend.

Participant
    • Total Posts 189

Agree with some others previously on here.
    Minella Indo remains the best value bet of the Festival.
    He will win the RSA comfortably.

Viewing 17 posts - 120 through 136 (of 169 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.