The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Rich Ricci – sounds a bit bitter

Home Forums Horse Racing Rich Ricci – sounds a bit bitter

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 831

I met Rich Ricci 3 years ago at the festival.

I met Trevor Hemmings and he was one of the kindest most polite people I have ever met, down to earth and an absolute gent. Also met willie Mullins and it was also a pleasure, nice guy.

Paul Nicholls I didnt like much.

Rich Ricci probably the most vile man I have ever met. Absolutely vile character. I cant stand the bloke.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

if that was your bet ginge I wonder how blinkered your view would be..

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 31545

I believe Betbright/Ricci should’ve honoured those bets and understand the anger, Nathan. Anyone in that position can rightfully hope Ricci never has another winner until he’s in a position of either having a winner or his horse falling.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6129

I’d never wish a faller on anyone whatever the circumstances, but so long as no injuries result, I wish zero success on Ricci, and the sooner the better so he can get out of the game and leave the air clearer.

Participant
    • Total Posts 82

The warmth of blood from the todays betting butchers floor wont and shouldn’t be the medium to warm the heart of any people owed a payout from a dodgy bookmaker. The gambling regulators need to ultimately hold Dedcert accountable for those legacy bets

Participant
    • Total Posts 31545

I don’t see why possible ante-post liabilities shouldn’t be taken in to account when allowing a business to either continue or fold. Should not be possible for a bookmaker to cancel bets, but it is. However, a person’s own wealth can not be taken in order to pay his/her business’s debts. Otherwise nobody would set up a business and as a result nobody will be employed. But I think Ricci will soon take a long hard look at things, sell his horses and disapear.

Value Is Everything
    potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 831

He is far too arrogant and non caring of anybody else’s opinions to leave the game.
    Rich Ricci is about rich Ricci only therefor its guaranteed he will be at cheltenham for years to come.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31545

If that were the case Potato, I don’t think he’d have been in such a state today.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

Gary Wiltshire went t!ts up
    and paid off his debts
    he’s a man and Ricci a mouse

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

I met Rich Ricci

better count your fingers
    some are probably missing
    after you shook his hand

Participant
    • Total Posts 31545

Betbright officially did not go bust, Nathan. A part of their business was sold to 888.com for 15 million, the rest of the business became null and void. I believe 888.com have now agreed to honour outstanding Racing bets but not football. Am no legal expert and don’t understand how a company can sell part of their business for 15 million and choose not to honour the outstanding bets from the other part. Certainly morally wrong if not legally. Why can’t the 15 million be used to honour all bets? :unsure: If Betbright does not honour all bets (even if just football bets are left) then imo the Executive Chairman Mr Ricci should be warned off. Not able to own horses or go racing etc. If allowed then what’s to stop anyone else setting up a business, taking bets and then not honouring them? However, if the law does allow this then horses welfare is a totally different issue.

Value Is Everything
    ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3393

Why should he be banned from going racing, this is something that has nothing to do with going racing atall, yes its unfortunate its happened and it certainly isnt ideal (had a few bets on with them myself)

So a company he ran goes south

And racing fans first idea isnto ban him from owning race horses and going racing, a sport which he puts millions into every year? Are we all that brain dead?

I actually like the guy hes as honest and open with racing as he can be and unfortunately it hasnt worked out for him, but i genuinely do not believe he sets out to upset anyone

Is he the only owner where people that work for him and or people that traded with there company (not in a betting sense) got mugged off ? Hell no, where the publicly roasted like him? No because they didnt try to be as open as they could about it

Feel bad for the guy, business is business… sometimes racing fans are short sighted, would be a crying shame for him to get out the game

potato
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 831

I met Rich Ricci

better count your fingers
    some are probably missing
    after you shook his hand

I can assure you I did not shake his hand. Had I of held out my hand out I’m certain this arrogant horrible man would have left me hanging.

I worked at the festival 3 years ago not for money but for the experience of it.

I was in the jockeys changing room, where they smoke behind the changing room by the washing room where the silks are non stop being washed and on the door of the exclusive champagne bar inside the parade ring and to the left of the weighing room ‘blacked out windows’. The only way you get into that room is if you win a race at the festival you and connections are invited into it after the race and get served champagne, you get shown a rerun of the race and simon claissw comes and gives them the photo of there winning horse crossing the line. Super exclusive place and was honoured to be there.
    I was also allowed to use the jockeys canteen for free.

It was in the champagne room I met trevor hemmings as he popped in to say hello before racing started. I couldn’t rate Mr hemmings any higher all rich people should aim to be like this man.

Couldn’t rate rich Ricci any lower.

Also in that festival I would regularly see Lizzie kelly wandering around the boys changing room in nothing more than a towel. There is a separate girls changing room but she was more than happy walking round the men’s in just a towel.

Money could not buy the experience I had in that festival. We even had Mick easterby break into the parade ring without a pass and he prodded my mate with his walking stick. The powers that be allowed Mr eastervy to bust in due to his age and didnt kick him out. He told us a horse that was running at chelmsford I think on that evening and said to back it to win. It got hammered in the betting, made all and never got caught.

Coneycard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 49

Good stories, Potato.

What happened with the sale of part of BetBright to 888 was business. What happened with the outstanding liabilities was not. Ricci struggles to defend that because there is no adequate defence. Instead only platitudes about ‘trying to do what was right’. I have very little doubt that what was done was the cheapest option they might legally get away with.

Nobody likes to see a horse fall, and nobody likes generalisations. :whistle:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31237

I think the BHA should look into the laws of owners being allowed to own or even have an interest in betting company’s, something not quite right there

Also myself personally would never want to see a horse fall.
    no matter who owns the horse, it could be Mother Teresa, Hitler or Ricci

clivexx
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 2702

if i was a millionaire owner i would behave in the correct manner

any pestering billynomates would be dealt with by my minders and selfies would end up with the phone being ground into the tarmac

Participant
    • Total Posts 31545

Why should he be banned from going racing, this is something that has nothing to do with going racing atall,

Because it has everything to do with betting, ham; Betbright have not honoured football bets and football bets are bets.

As I asked: If allowed, then what’s to stop anyone else setting up a business, taking bets and then not honouring them?
    If nothing is done it’ll encourage others not to honour bets (including Racing bets).

Maybe there should be an ABTA-like association that Bookmakers should be forced to be members of.
    Gambling debts are unenforcable because punters can get in to addiction and therefore severe monetary strife. It should not be to enable a bookie not to pay punters. What has happened to the 15 million?

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.