The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ready for Rishi? 2022-???? (There’s no telling with this lot)

Home Forums Lounge Ready for Rishi? 2022-???? (There’s no telling with this lot)

Viewing 17 posts - 919 through 935 (of 1,045 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5960

What is the serious thing though …this is a rumour I’m hearing more and more

The Far Right dominating the forthcoming EU elections
    Escalation of war in the Middle East
    Russia invading the Baltic States
    China invading Taiwan
    UK Sovereign Debt Default
    The collapse of the Gulf Stream
    England being knocked out of the Euros at Group stage
    Armageddon…

Just guessing

Participant
    • Total Posts 4516

Jonathan Ashworth on the BBC just now:

“You’re more likely to see Elvis riding Shergar down the high street in Leicester than forty new hospitals”

Made me laugh, anyway.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9161

Cameron promised to build a dual carriageway on the A1 near Alnwick in 2010. Mike wrote to the local MP asking what had happened to it and was told that ‘the money was there’. 14 years later and we’re still waiting for it. I think it’s what got Anne Marie Trevellyan elected, having taken the seat from the LibDems.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2693

‘Armageddon…’

Fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5804

Armageddon…. yeah it’s not a bad film , Willis is better in Did Hard though

Participant
    • Total Posts 5804

If a Tory told me they were making me a cup of tea …id expect to taste coffee ….instant coffee

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5048

BBC newsreader just apologised for describing Farage’s speech as ‘imflammatory’. It’s a shame when you have to apologise for telling the truth. A vile opportunist, always has been, and always will be.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2693

Why is Farage getting so much airtime? He’s not a candidate and has made it clear that his priorities lie across the pond, despite telling us how much of a patriot he supposedly is. By all means give Reform a platform alongside all the other minor parties but let’s hear from their actual leader and candidates.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4516

Why does he get any airtime at all?

Complete and utter oxygen thief.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5804

Because he’s the poster boy of the right … Look forward to seeing his face when Labour win …I am , plus Hunt oh and Truss and most of all …..Patel and Braverman ….

Participant
    • Total Posts 5960

It would be truly wonderful if any or all of Braverman, Patel and Truss were to lose their seats but unfortunately theirs are amongst the safest Tory seats in the country

Never say never though. One week into the campaign and the Tories are kindling the self-immolation pyre very nicely

Participant
    • Total Posts 8362

I expect you will all be eagerly tuning in:

Farage Makes Question Time Comeback in Reform Campaign Blitz

Participant
    • Total Posts 8362

There is to be a Sunak v Starmer debate next Tuesday. Try to contain your excitement.

Over a month to go of this pantomime, just to decide which set of performing puppets does what they are told.

Wake me up when it is all over.

pilgarlic
    Participant
    • Total Posts 772

The poor quality of the Tory MPs elected last time is leading to Labour likely getting a large majority and there being no effective opposition. I doubt the Labour candidates will be any great improvement, there’ll be a lot of Momentum backed lurkers elected. The Lib Dems should have some barely deserved success via the Tory implosion.

I hope Starmer does not look to the Senedd in Wales for anything worth following. The Senedd sees Wales as a land of sanctuary, which I’m sure would go down a storm with the wider electorate.The cosy arrangement with Plaid Cymru had enabled Labour to vote through all sorts of nonsense including the default 20 mph limit.

Richard88
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2693

‘Look forward to seeing his face when Labour win …I am , plus Hunt oh and Truss and most of all …..Patel and Braverman ….’

Farage doesn’t care who wins, in fact his company/political party is helping Labour out. He also doesn’t care about the country and probably not even any of the other ‘issues’ he constantly waffles on about. He’s only interested in publicity and personal enrichment.

The others you mention though, there is a Portillo moment lurking in there somewhere.

‘Wake me up when it is all over.’

Very much this. It’s been a week now and that’s more than enough. I’m out for a while, no interest in these so-called ‘debates’, Question Time (which has been unwatchable for years), or the drip feeding of pledges that are being made up as we go along.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5960

drip feeding of pledges that are being made up as we go along

I do wish they wouldn’t use the word pledge, which is defined as ‘a solemn promise or undertaking’

Going on previous ‘pledges’ during election campaigns any of the following would be more appropriate, and more honest

Plan, Idea, Intention, Objective, Proposal, Moonshine

I too won’t be watching the ‘debates’ aka slanging matches, nor Question Time

It’s gonna be a long six weeks

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5048

The Abbott situation appears to be creating problems for Starmer.

Surely the easy thing would be to just say that she will stand as a Labour candidate. The fact that he’s holding against that idea seems to indicate quite a stubborn/inflexible streak. Some might even say stupid.

Viewing 17 posts - 919 through 935 (of 1,045 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.