The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ready for Rishi? 2022-???? (There’s no telling with this lot)

Home Forums Lounge Ready for Rishi? 2022-???? (There’s no telling with this lot)

Viewing 17 posts - 936 through 952 (of 1,236 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1664

Abbott

Now it’s Rayner (for Abbott) v Starmer (against).

In a GE with Labour, say, only 6 or 7 points ahead in opinion polls, the Abbott situ would clobber them and reduce their lead. But….

Starmer’s Labour are a bit ‘teflon’ right now.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9225

I don’t think Corbyn and momentum can stomach the thought of Starmer achieving what they couldn’t. Abbott is a pawn in their game but she can’t see it. It’s almost as if they just want to be in permanent opposition. I bet Brexit supporting Mick Lynch ( who I loathe) is rubbing his hands with glee.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Starmer has clearly set out to erase the memory of Corbyn. Rayner is his one concession to ‘old labour’. It’s been an uneasy alliance, and should they get elected, I don’t see her having a long term future at Labour’s top table. No potential boat rockers, thank you very much. People think of the Tories when it comes to stage managing, but Starmer is cut from the very same cloth.

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 9225

Ideologies don’t seem to win elections. Especially when the very people Corbyn and Abbott are fighting for turned to the Conservatives in their droves at the last election. The reason why the Conservative Party has been the most successful party in this country is that they toe the party line. Or they did until the decent ones either wouldn’t serve under Johnson or were pushed out by him.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5874

Abbott has a majority of over 30k , Starmer needs those votes , he may well have to hold his nose on this one

Participant
    • Total Posts 8631
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2912

Abbott is back in. I rather hoped that she’d stand down long before any of this. She’s been a trailblazer but far too many old timers now. That said, I am glad the Labour Party didn’t boot her out (even though her time is past). I daresay she’s a good constituency MP, or she wouldn’t have lasted as long.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4619

https://x.com/PolitlcsUK/status/1796633766133211140?t=ryFwjR1wHf2r1fg_TAx3pw&s=19

If the above is anywhere near accurate, it could spell the beginning of the end of the Conservative Party.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2912

We can but hope. I think all polls should be banned as soon as an election is announced though.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8631

Aren’t we meant to be in the middle of a General Election campaign? Never can one have been greeted with such a storm of indifference.

Although Nigel Farage is rumoured to be announcing he is going to stand as a candidate in Clacton…

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Terminal boredom is preferable to Farage. A one-trick opportunist still trying to appeal to the lowest common denominator.

What an indictment of Clacton.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2912

Can’t condemn Clacton unless they actually elect him. He’s an opportunistic grifter who repeatedly targets deprived areas which have, thankfully, seen through him up till now. I wouldn’t put it past Clacton but even Thanet stepped back from the brink so fingers crossed.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Well he managed to fool 70% of them over Brexit. Wasn’t Brexit all about a dislike for ‘johnny foreigner’ and bringing back control of borders? Perhaps those who inflicted it upon the rest might actually wake up to the idea it’s been a disaster. Shame that Starmer is fightened to even talk about reversing it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4619

The amount of airtime the BBC is dedicating to this complete waste of space is ridiculous.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32699

Yes, it is ridiculous, but…
    The BBC wants the Torries out, so they will give airtime to anyone that could help defeat them.

Value Is Everything
    stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Just to confirm it’s not just the BBC. At least their newsreader did call him out before the forced apology.

Just as an aside does anyone else think Tice reminds them of David Redvers? Wouldn’t be the biggest surprise if they had the same political leaning as well.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5228

Bookmakers have zero faith in the Clactonites – Farage as short as 4/11.

Don’t think I will placing a bet in my constituency – Labour 1/200.

Viewing 17 posts - 936 through 952 (of 1,236 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.