Racing TV

Home Forums Horse Racing Racing TV

This topic contains 69 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Kris Kris 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Author

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1076

This is just dreadful. Richest race in UK and Ireland was the Dan Moore at Fairyhouse today, one of the richest and top 2 mile Chase’s on the National Hunt Calender. Bigger first prize than the Grand Annual Chase at Cheltenham and the Racing TV didn’t preview the race, or get any expert comments, or analyse the form, or even show a replay of the finish. No interviews and apparently no report from the course. It’s absolutely scandalous and Irish racing is going to suffer an awful lot if this type of disinterest in Irish racing continues

steveh31
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1839

@thewexfordman are you really surprised? Rtv have no interest in Irish Racing just getting one over on Sky, they have the rights for 4 years they can do as they wish, they won’t really take much interest until 2023 when the rights come back for renewal and suddenly Irish racing will conveniently take a new meaning to them.

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1076

Another example just now. Split screen for the end of the Fairyhouse race so we could see them start at Wetherby, but they didn’t split screen Kempton so we could see them start at Fairyhouse.

So we missed the start at Fairyhouse, and had to watch the finish on split screen

runandskip84
    Participant
    • Total Posts 74

I’m sure they said they planned to have a reporter at every Irish meeting???

LD73
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1259

Not sure all the RTV courses have got the memo (assuming one has been sent) about delaying the start of races for another one to finish – I have seen it on RUK with a commentator saying we are just waiting for an Irish race to finish plenty of times.

That should be happening more often now that these meeting are all on one channel especially given that some of the time the horses are being told to take another turn for no reason after the off time has passed – surely no hardship to wait a minute or so if the other meeting’s race is in the final stages.

Lack of communication for the Wetherby race to start whilst Fairyhouse was just ending – hopefully just teething problems to be ironed out. Hopefully when next seasons race times are announced (both Uk & Ireland) they maybe be able to stagger the start times better, they should be able to have 10mins between all races on most days surely.

befair
    befair
    Participant
    • Total Posts 981

I used to bet regularly on Irish racing, but I won’t bet on something I can’t watch

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 25557

Years of refusing to hold on for a British race to finish.
    Irish Racing is getting what it deserves.

value is everything
    jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1598

Years of refusing to hold on for a British race to finish.
    Irish Racing is getting what it deserves.

What are they getting that they “deserve”?

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

thewexfordman
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1076

2 minutes to go until the first at Navan. No sign of any clips from the course, haven’t mentioned any of the horses, or gone through any form

Kris
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 354

I’ve no real complaints about the channel, but it seems quite clear that they aren’t giving the Irish Racing the exposure that ATR did.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.