The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

racing UK

Home Forums Horse Racing racing UK

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 170

Anyone know whether they will do free to all highlights from 8 until 9 as they have done for the past 2 years??

I know I am a leper for not subscribing, but being 25 with a whopping mortgage means I miss out a couple of luxorys – and its always a good excuse to get out of the house and go down the bookies…

However, I have to work Tuesday and Wednesday of the festival (I get to go Thursday and enjoy Friday down the pub) and I have brought a television into the office. Alas, the picture on it is so bad I can only just make out Thommo’s nose and it looks as if I will be using the television more for the commentary then to roar home my selected horses.

Anyone know if I will be able to see how I lost my glory with a full picture this evening for us penny pinching people that do not have Racing UK?

Pat123
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3121

It is free tonight, but I’m pretty sure it’s between 7 and 8.

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

What channel number is it on digital?

Aragorn
    • Total Posts 2208

Dan, if you’ve got digital, you should have a tv guide button :biggrin: ;)

dandan
    • Total Posts 199

Every question for a reason mate!

I don’t have it, my Dad has it and I wanted to get him to record it. "Pls record channell XXX between 7 and 8" instead of "Press TV guide, look for this, look for that etc etc" ;)

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2921

432dan

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 170

Oh dear – is it 7 until 8? I best get my backside in gear then after watching the channel 4 coverage. That will give me 2 and a half hours to get some work done that i cannot focus myself to do at the moment before getting home for the start. :biggrin:

Pegwell Bay
    • Total Posts 208

Video replays are free this week on the Racing Post website. Just watch them on there, then you don’t even have to bother setting the video. ;)

SwallowCottage
    • Total Posts 1008

On the subject of RUK, do they place distance lines ( 2 furlongs. 1 furlong, 1/2 furlong etc ) across the track on their pictures when showing races? Channel 4 and BBC do for flat races and C4 did it today at Cheltenham and I thought it looked really stupid.   <br>

Pegwell Bay
    • Total Posts 208

Quote: from SwallowCottage on 8:16 pm on Mar. 13, 2007[br]On the subject of RUK, do they place distance lines ( 2 furlongs. 1 furlong, 1/2 furlong etc ) across the track on their pictures when showing races? Channel 4 and BBC do for flat races and C4 did it today at Cheltenham and I thought it looked really stupid.   <br>

No, thankfully!

caravancaravan
    Participant
    • Total Posts 107

they have dubbed on the crowd noise during the commentary but dropped it for the last couple of races

sometimes it was hard to hear clearly what is being said during the race

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

bloody hell – you go to the bookies, gamble, are going to chelters and spending friday in the boozer – but still won’t pay the 50 pence per day for the 7 channels you get with the RUK/Setanta package – you’re not a leper mate, you’re a tighter than a duck’s butt skinflint you are

just got my latest quarterly RUK members pack with another batch of free tickets for kempton (twice) and epsom which i shall use and wincanton, goodwood, nottingham, salisbury, beverley, pontefract, warwick and market rasen which i won’t be using – the free tickets to kempton and epsom will effectively pay for my RUK/Setanta package for this next quarter

if you like racing you should have it, in my humble opinion

BurroughhillBurroughhill
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1638

try telling my husband I need a racing channel that costs me £15 a month!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 170

What your saying makes sense – I know it does.

But it is just another monthly bill to go out on top of an awful lot of the bills…

My betting goes in peaks and troughs in regards to the amounts I spend. Some weekends towards the end of a month I will bet little and others I will have a good lump. But Cheltenham is a little different and money is put aside in Jan and Feb for the big one.

In regards to mid-week racing – I work from 8 until 7 – I don’t really have the time to watch any! Weekends I am mostly covered by Channel 4 or ATR or I will walk to the bookies 3 minutes from my house.

There are not that many mid-week meetings where I miss out on big races that are not on Channel 4. (As I can set the video when at home).

Anyway, if Well Chief goes in today I have promised myself Sky+…

Trickmeister
    Participant
    • Total Posts 96

I stamped my feet big time when I was asked to pay £20/month for RUK after I lost my £12 Setanta channels. I’d got used to having it, and they do have coverage of major meetings and I do like their presentation.

But the money seemed a step too far, and I dug my heels in (to myself if noone else).

Clearly I’ve found a way round it cos a few months on and I can’t say that I miss it.

So; whose loss is it? Mine or theirs????

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.