The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Punchestown 2024

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Punchestown 2024

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 106 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Today’s hopefuls
    Arctic Bresil 14s ew 5pl
    Dreal Deal 20s ew 5pl
    Allegorie de Vassy 6-4
    Vaucelet 20s ew 4pl
    Sir Gerhard 25s for the lolz
    Billericay Dickie 10s ew 4pl
    Fenway Park 40s ew 3pl

GM23
    Participant
    • Total Posts 508

Just when I thought Wednesday couldn’t be improved upon, I had an even better day yesterday. Will be a long while before I have another like it.

Pinkerton 10/1
    Maxxum at between 25s and 55s on Ex
    Casa No Mento 13/2
    Wingmen 20s and 25s

Having a quiet day so far but had Brides Hill and then Lifetime Ambition just caught close home.

My remaining picks,
    Predator Gold w/o fav
    Ascending & Billericay Dickie w/o fav
    Masterboy Davis w/o favs

Fancied Lark in the Morning strongly but unfortunately he’s pulled out. Ground had gone against him though to be fair.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

Well done GM glad I kept my money in the bank for this meeting. I half heartedly picked some for the handicaps gladly they all flopped.

The things I want most in life are the things that I can't win.

• Total Posts 14971

Four more bets for me, and I’m hoping Ontheropes can do it, as I’ve had a fair swing at him. That Colm Quinn Race is an excellent renewal. Could easily have went with Read To Return, Neveradullmoment, or Wedtern Zara, but I went with Credo as backup

Digby is a straightforward selection in The Pat Taaffe, while in that mad handicap hurdle, I’ll be with Risk Belle, and I may add Canal End if I have any earlier luck

Credo
    Ontheropes 20’s EW6Pls
    Digby
    Risk Belle

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 593

It’s been a very quiet Punchestown festival for me with only the one bet so far (Jetoile placed @ 18/1). I quite like Fascile Mode tomorrow in the 2m4f handicap hurdle. I’ve been waiting patiently to see him in a handicap and it finally happens here. Step up in trip a big plus too. I thought 28/1 was worth chancing despite him running behind Mystical Power on Tuesday.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Good job I kept stakes small as I couldn’t tip the proverbial shite off a shovel this week.

More ew value losers:
    Gala Marceau 28s
    Spanish Harlem 12s
    Minella Crooners 22s
    Kargese 6-4 win only
    Stoke the Fire 20s
    Will add The Very Man and Jigoro too

Participant
    • Total Posts 7470

Three selections at Punchestown today:

5.25 Stoke The Fire 20/1 e/w 6 places 1/5 odds – Didn’t get out of second gear ot win a novices hurdle at Perth (beat a well regarded Lucinda Russell animal into second) 8 days ago. Really nice sort and well enough behind Largy Hill in a Grade 3 to suggest this contest off a low weight is well within his compass.

4.15 Spanish Harlem 12/1 e/w 4 places 1/4 odds – Steadily progressive over fences without winning yet. Ran a really good race in the Scottish National but his runs over 2m 4f suggest the drop back in trip won’t be a problem.

3.05 Your Own Story 13/2 win only – A tad biased here as this own would take me off the bottom of the TRF 10 To Follow. However, I had this owne down as my long term Scottish National fancy but had a late start to his campaign and I believe he’s better than his current mark.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1442

I’ll have a go with High Wind and Comfort Zone. I think High Wind at 40-1 ew says enough, but I do think Comfort Zone at 22-1 is too big a price. I’ve bet him win only

GM23
    Participant
    • Total Posts 508

Quieter day yesterday with just the one straight winner. Had State Man under 5L & Ballyburn under 7.5L both at evens in an acca which ends with Lossiemouth today.

Picks for today:
    Foxy Jacks 10/1
    Bowtogreatness 10/1
    Ashroe Diamond w/o 2/1
    Spanish Harlem 12/1
    Nurburgring w/o Kargese 4/1
    Backed a few at big prices in the 5.25 but Waterford Whispers is my main bet 100/30

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7667

I’ve thrown a dart at Klarc Kent in the 3.05. EW 5 places.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2287

My only Punchestown bet of the week Peaches And Cream in the 3.05.

The things I want most in life are the things that I can't win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

When Chapeau De Soleil won his maiden hurdle
    he looked a graded horse. He got back on track last time after his jumping fell apart early at Naas between those two runs. He actually wasn’t beaten too far that day considering how badly everything went wrong. 16/1 is fair with 6 places off a mark of 132 in the 17:25. If Waterford Whispers settles better than he did at Cheltenham he will be hard to beat but at 2/1 he looks plenty short, there’s good depth to the race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4118

I’ve had Blast of Koeman at 50s EW and Knockiel Sunge at 10s WIN in the 2:30.
    I also like Landon Calling at 20s EW and Credo 16s EW – both in the 3:05.

Avatar photoHe Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5935

I’m really keen on Longhouse poet and while I expect Klarc Kent to win Total thief is my e.W play in the same race

GM23
    Participant
    • Total Posts 508

Backed Stumptown last time and he got bulldozed by the loose horse. Backed Foxy Jacks today and he unseats with Stumptown winning the race. You couldn’t make it up.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4118

Minella Crooners, well done greenasgrass.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7543

Thanks Ruby, I knew he had another decent race in him and he was tough at the end.

Viewing 17 posts - 86 through 102 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.