The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arc 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Arc 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    Cork All Star
    Participant
    • Total Posts 539

Right decision to take out Love. Why risk ruining her? I wonder if they will think about the Filly and Mare at Ascot if the ground is not too bad, although I suppose the Breeders Cup is more likely.

Happy with the draw for In Swoop but will still cheer on Enable. I hope she can do it but the ground has to be a concern.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

Clints, as a counter argument, when you say “I am not sure beating Sovereign, Japan, Prince of Arran et al will be good enough”, the race you might want to note was her Sandown run. 80 % fit nor really trying that hard and 2 lengths behind a horse rated 126. The opposition not been up to much after but that isn’t her fault if no one worthy took her on. Japan aside that is perhaps, but he’s had problems with his feet since Sandown.
    A repeat of her 2019 run and she will be tough to beat I think, the intrigue is of course we have to wait and find out whether she will run to that level.

The ground I cant seeing bring a problem for Enable. Frankie when speaking about the challenge with Love (now a NR) he said “The ground is a very important factor, and Enable has already shown that she can handle it. It’s a big plus – a bit like the (7lb) filly’s allowance that Love will be receiving. I have spoken with my colleagues and racing analysts – they say that a heavy track could count against Love, because her low-to-the-ground, fast action is better suited to good ground.”

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

Longchamp officials say they are getting to the stage where there is holding or heavy ground. If it is heavy a lot of the draw bias will be gone.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

Mike987 I made that argument but Frenchy put some stats up of past renewals which stated only the class horses in the race had overcome a double figure draw.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2173

“The ground I cant seeing bring a problem for Enable.”

Agree with that, I thought they used the ground as an excuse last year but for me she still hadn’t recovered from the very hard race she had in the king George.

Crystal ocean didnt recover either getting beat in a subpar juddmonte not running anything like he had in the Prince of Wales or King George.

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

Mike we will see on Sunday. Stall 9 has only won the arc once in the last 55 years.

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 191

@Mike007

I hear you re the Sandown run but my concern is that that was her last real test and that was all the way back at the start of July.

I thought she was a good thing last year and I guess its more of a hunch than anything.

Hopefully im wrong and we see the class horse that she is :good:

Mike987654
    Participant
    • Total Posts 331

And Enable was in stall 9 last year when she got beat.

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 191
    He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 458

Love is out but Enable isn’t odds on …..hmm I think the bookies are happy to take her on , personally I can’t have her after last year and will look for a e.w play

SirHarryLewis
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1208

I had a little bet on waldgeist last year as I imagined a scenario where he could reverse placings of the king George. That said, the race fell his way.

A repeat performance by enable will probably see her win. That said, I wonder whether serpentine will put Frankie in an awkward position of having to chase the pace again.

Might help the stayers

SHL

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 676

Enable clearly run out of steam last year and if a soft ground horse comeslate it could happen again.To me serpentine is the bet of the race ew. I know he has a bad draw but if he bounces out and gets mid division he could be a player. Jamie lynch on at the races tipped him up and if he handles soft ground he will be there battling it out as he looks like he could stay 1m6f to me.Stradavarious will run into a place. Sottsass I suspect will be on the premises too. Mogul is a hard one to fathom as it doesn’t look like he could handle the ground but if he did then he would be right there. One of the most open arcs I can remember.Ive a feeling enable will be a bridesmaid again.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2850

To be fair to her, she was in front too soon last year.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 676

Plus the ground looks like it will be nh heavy going. It will be won by those that handle it and it may just suit Japan with his dodgy feet. I can see an outsider winning it. The question is which one.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2208

If Jamie Lynch thinks he will win then he wont. ;-)
    Joking aside best thing for Serpentine i think is to jump out and be up at the front. Ryan being on Mogul doesnt advertise his chance unless he had no choice.

Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.