The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Prince Of Wales Stakes 2009

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot Archive Royal Ascot 2014 Prince Of Wales Stakes 2009

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Tartan Bearer
    Vision D’Etat
    Never On Sunday
    Pipedreamer
    Tazeez
    Twice Over
    Thewayyouare
    Campanologist
    Red Rock Canyon

Maybe Presvis but obviously he needs a new jockey if he is to take his chance.

It looks a better renewal this year with the French entrants, I think Never On Sunday will take his chance, solid G1 win over some very smart types, including Curtain Call and Goldikova, you could make excuses for the two but he should hold the form over Tazeez who he also defeated over the 1m1f.

Vision D’Etat is a class horse and he would be hard to beat at both 1m2f and 1m4f but he seems vulnerable on the former distance, having being beat on his reapperance and not that visually impressive when winning last time although he beat Never On Sunday so the is form is quite strong.

Tartan Bearer though won on his apppearance and he looked physcially not at his best although he still put in a gutsy effort to win after almost being caught by Jimmy Fortune’s intelligent piece of riding, I think he’d find Ascot perfect for him and I would think he’d go off favourite for this. His close 2nd to New Approach is the strongest piece of form for me and was an underrated run.

Pipedreamer had excuses for his defeat last time, with losing the whip although, a fast pace might undo him here and I think we will get one.

Campanologist if he turns up would be a dark horse, he has Ascot form in the bag, although he was disappointing on his reapperance, but I think he could run a big race with a fast pace also.

Thewayyouare hasn’t really impressed since joining Ballydoyle would be hard to recommend him with him losing his last two races, that said he did beat Cima de Triomphe.

It should be Tartan Bearer’s time to finally get his G1 in a lightly raced career but he will be pushed all the way by Vision D’Etat and maybe even Campanologist who will set a fast gallop along with Red Rock Canyon.

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Tartan Bearer though won on his apppearance and he looked physcially not at his best although he still put in a gutsy effort to win after almost being caught by Jimmy Fortune’s intelligent piece of riding, I think he’d find Ascot perfect for him and I would think he’d go off favourite for this. His close 2nd to New Approach is the strongest piece of form for me and was an underrated run.

Well said Red, the perfect prep for the King George too,as much as i think he is vulnerable over 11/4m,i still expect an impressive performance! 7/2 is
    the best i could get!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Geezus TAPK how did a man of your experience miss the 6/1? :lol:

SMS confirmed he was going to run here weeks ago

Tartan Bearer:

Could win this but he’s no good thing to do so. I can’t quite get to the bottom of his Derby 2nd. New Approach lost twice to Henry over a mile and was easily beaten again after the Derby by DOM over 1m2f in the Juddmonte The form pundits are of the opinion the Derby form didn’t work out too well and I tend to agree with them. The fact the third showed he’s a much better horse in testing conditions hasn’t done that form any favours either.

When running over 1m2f he won his maiden well the ran in the Dante beating Frozen Fire a head. Frozen Fire ran badly at Epsom but when he met Tartan Bearer again he came out on top. Tartan Bearer came with good run 2 1/2f out that day and looked like he was going to hit the front and go on. Before the incident with AV he was already in a battle with him and Casual Conquest and not going past like he looked he would earlier.
    It was almost like he was showing stamina limitations something SMS has already hinted at.
    He may or may not have beaten Casual Conquest that day but Frozen Fire would have certainly won anyway. That form has turned out badly overall and so far this season SMS has opted for this shorter trip for the horse.

On his return he ran against Pipedreamer in the Gordon Richards Stakes.
    He looked like he was beat that day but the leader stopped when he hit the rising ground as Tartan Bearer was just starting to quicken. The combination of the two thing saw Tartan Bearer get up and win by a short head.

John Gosden was quick to say Pipedreamer was short of work wheras then money for Tartan Bearer late on would suggest he was exected to win.

I’m not sure just how important that was as everything had gone Pipedreamer’s way. He shot clear of a very moderate pace that was dead against Tartan Bearer and left him flat footed. I think it speaks volumes about Tartan Bearer and when he gets a good gallop over this trip it will take a very good horse to beat him.

Vision D’Etat

ran an excellent race when 5th in the Arc considering that wasnt’ his trip. This however his Arc run confirms he has a touch of class. When you consider where Cima De Triomphe finished in his last race and how far he finished in front of Pipedreamer at Sandown, you have to consider this horse as a huge danger. He won 6 of the trot and it takes some horse to do that. He has still to run on fast ground and that has to be a worry.

Gladiatorus

If Tartan Beraer needs a strong gallop then this horse would give him that and more. For some reason they send him for the Queen Anne (mush less value) leaving Trincot to mind the store if the ground isn’t too fast for him. The could run Campanologist but he looks certain to go for the Hardwick.

Pipedreamer

He can’t possibly win can he? I wouldn’t bet on it and will wait until they put some betting up and back him EW as I cant make my mind up between the 2 favs.

Never on a Sunday

Despite winning a Group1 lately I think that form is suspect as the 2nd is no great shakes.

The rest would be as well staying at home.

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4691

Vision D’Etat

ran an excellent race when 5th in the Arc considering that wasnt’ his trip. This however his Arc run confirms he has a touch of class. When you consider where Cima De Triomphe finished in his last race and how far he finished in front of Pipedreamer at Sandown, you have to consider this horse as a huge danger. He won 6 of the trot and it takes some horse to do that. He has still to run on fast ground and that has to be a worry.

Useless French ground descriptions…

Believe me, it was quick ground when he won the French Derby. I was living there at the time and walked a fair bit of the sprint course and the final furlong of the round circuit. It had been boiling hot for weeks beforehand.

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Tartan Bearer:

Could win this but he’s no good thing to do so. I can’t quite get to the bottom of his Derby 2nd. New Approach lost twice to Henry over a mile and was easily beaten again after the Derby by DOM over 1m2f in the Juddmonte The form pundits are of the opinion the Derby form didn’t work out too well and I tend to agree with them. The fact the third showed he’s a much better horse in testing conditions hasn’t done that form any favours either.

When running over 1m2f he won his maiden well the ran in the Dante beating Frozen Fire a head. Frozen Fire ran badly at Epsom but when he met Tartan Bearer again he came out on top. Tartan Bearer came with good run 2 1/2f out that day and looked like he was going to hit the front and go on. Before the incident with AV he was already in a battle with him and Casual Conquest and not going past like he looked he would earlier.
    It was almost like he was showing stamina limitations something SMS has already hinted at.
    He may or may not have beaten Casual Conquest that day but Frozen Fire would have certainly won anyway. That form has turned out badly overall and so far this season SMS has opted for this shorter trip for the horse.

On his return he ran against Pipedreamer in the Gordon Richards Stakes.
    He looked like he was beat that day but the leader stopped when he hit the rising ground as Tartan Bearer was just starting to quicken. The combination of the two thing saw Tartan Bearer get up and win by a short head.

John Gosden was quick to say Pipedreamer was short of work wheras then money for Tartan Bearer late on would suggest he was exected to win.

I’m not sure just how important that was as everything had gone Pipedreamer’s way. He shot clear of a very moderate pace that was dead against Tartan Bearer and left him flat footed. I think it speaks volumes about Tartan Bearer and when he gets a good gallop over this trip it will take a very good horse to beat him.

And this from the man who thinks Conduit is a 10lb better horse! The reason i am not lumping on

Tartan Bearer

for this is because he is even better over a 11/2m, I"m blowing his bagpipes for the

King George

!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

:roll:

wallace-no7
    • Total Posts 1511

This race is quite tricky as connections havent stated definite racing plans.
    I like Tartan Bearer but i would much prefer Soullimon on Previs. If such a ideal situation was to arise i would have to have a say in with my bookmaker

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3177

Presvis has been put away until the Autumn IIRC

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Gladiatorus is not running in this.

Irish Derby should never be used as form. Ever.

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

Tartan Bearer:

You really believe every word you say don’t you. Fantasy

He was taking when the lead interference came about, and I dont recall him being in a battle with Casual Conquest at that point either.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I meant Curtain Call a genuine mistake.

Fantasy? Childish remarks like that should be kept for the school playground. I get the impression your very young and childish so I’ll make allownaces and let that go for now.

Tartan Bearer was

trying

to take the lead for over a furlong and couldn’t. AV may have been wandering through greeness but he wasn’t stopping.

He was still behind AV if only just and no more than a short head in front of Curtain Call. He accelerated to pull level with Curtain Call before the 2 furlong marker but didn’t go past like a top class 12f horse would have.
    Moore, like Berry and Murtagh were all flat to the boards.
    Curtain Call in the opinion of most people came out of it worst.
    Tartan Bearer was carried left but Ryan Moore never stopped riding him and got very little response.
    Frozen Fire was also forced to go left but it never stopped him going past Tartan Bearer like he was standing still. Then Moore stopped riding him.
    For me he came to the end of his stamina limitations that day hence he didn’t maintain his run past them and didn’t run on as well as he should have despite being carried left.

If you think Tartan Bearer would have won maye there’s no hope for you.

SMS has chosen to keep him to 1m2f so far this season. There hasn’t even been a hint of him going for a 1m4f race……I wonder why :roll:

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Fantasy? Childish remarks like that should be kept for the school playground. I get the impression your very young and childish so I’ll make allownaces and let that go for now.

SMS has chosen to keep him to 1m2f so far this season. There hasn’t even been a hint of him going for a 1m4f race……I wonder why :roll:

Wait until after he shows he needs the 11/2m in the POW next week!
    Sir Michael will be saying "We have got to be looking at the King George now,bearing in mind his brother Golan won it in 2002" eh Fist?

RedRiot
    • Total Posts 870

I meant Curtain Call a genuine mistake.

Tartan Bearer was

trying

to take the lead for over a furlong and couldn’t. AV may have been wandering through greeness but he wasn’t stopping.

He was still behind AV if only just and no more than a short head in front of Curtain Call. He accelerated to pull level with Curtain Call before the 2 furlong marker but didn’t go past like a top class 12f horse would have.
    Moore, like Berry and Murtagh were all flat to the boards.
    Curtain Call in the opinion of most people came out of it worst.
    Tartan Bearer was carried left but Ryan Moore never stopped riding him and got very little response.
    Frozen Fire was also forced to go left but it never stopped him going past Tartan Bearer like he was standing still. Then Moore stopped riding him.
    For me he came to the end of his stamina limitations that day hence he didn’t maintain his run past them and didn’t run on as well as he should have despite being carried left.

If you think Tartan Bearer would have won maye there’s no hope for you.

It is fantasy cause you are calling a race when the interference happened when he joined Alessandro Volta right away, there is no way you can call what would happen after if it never happened, with Tartan Bearer’s races there is every chance he would of been hard to pass, the very fact Alessandro Volta injured him in the process is reason enough he was given an almight barge, its hard for you to call cause you are not a jockey so you don’t know how severe a horse going that speed barging into you can do. Its common knowledge the race was farcical.

It was a dangerous thing that happned that day and could have been a lot worse.

And I’d lay off the childish remarks if I were you, you severly ridiculed a debate I posted up about Gan AMhras, called my view total poppycock, so your a bit of a hypocrite aren’t you, I guess you don’t like your opinion challenged.

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Be careful Red, whenever Fist is challenged, his "Buddhist Bodyguard"
    called "Bwownwing" posts in his defense! Here comes "Equitrack" now look!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

I’m laughing my head off at the weakeness of the replies you 2 bozos come up with. No analyzing the race just things like you’re not a jockey.

FFs try a bit harder guys your boring the tits off me :roll:

The Ante-Post King
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m laughing my head off at the weakeness of the replies you 2 bozos come up with. No analyzing the race just things like you’re not a jockey.

FFs try a bit harder guys your boring the tits off me :roll:

Parden me for asking old boy, but which "camp" are you actually in?
    is it Pipedreamer? Conduit? or have i persuaded you into joining the Black
    Watch with Tartan bearer? you change allegiance like Mo Johnson!

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

If Twice Over is fully tuned up, and Tartan Bearer not, I wonder if he might be worth an e.w.

He wasn’t just beaten half a length by the Bolger hotpot, as TB was, but he was a still a fair sort earlier in the year – and maybe has improved more than the others..

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.