The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Oaks 2024

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Oaks 2024

Viewing 16 posts - 103 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • Author
    nwalton
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2352

dont know how strong the form but decent effort by Galileo Dame

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7351

Rubies not like her sister then ;o)

Participant
    • Total Posts 16448

Ylang Ylang … 7/2

Looked the real deal at Newmarket.
    Won best turned out and unlucky not to finish in first 3.
    Very impressed with her performance. Proper Oaks filly. :good: Jac

Hope you still have her at 8’s Mike :good:

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7351

Going to try Rubies Are Red again 33-1. Maybe she needed the 1st run.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7351

She flew home fair play to winner she got away today.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8261

I have a regrettably small bet on Ylang Ylang at 11/1 which I hope goes well.

I have added Treasure. I thought she ran better at Lingfield than her finishing position suggested (she paid for chasing down the wide margin leader and her effort flattened out in the last half furlong). She needs to improve but I have a feeling she is better than a 25/1 chance and have taken it. Her trainer is no stranger to winning the race with a big priced runner.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31975

Is Treasure going to Epsom CAS? Immediately after the race Beckett seemed to suggest (on ITV) that the Ribblesdale might be her target.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8261

I didn’t see that, I was at my local cricket club all day on Saturday and only watched the racing later. Oh well, it was only a couple of pounds each way, so no big deal.

I think she will be of interest in the Ribblesdale. Beckett would clearly like to get a win at the Royal meeting for the owners. Maybe that is why he is missing Epsom and keeping her fresh?

Participant
    • Total Posts 31975

Beckett didn’t rule the Oaks out, CAS. Just said he didn’t know whether the form shown at Lingfield warrants running in the Oaks. I see he has a couple in the Musidoa too as well as the Cheshire Oaks winner. Maybe he wants to hold Treasure back for Ascot. tbh He has a point about the form, but in an open year if I were Charlie I’d tell him to go to Epsom.

But I have a feeling the Oaks winner hasn’t been entered in it yet.

Value Is Everything
    FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6633

The two I like are friendly soul and sea just in time

But gosden mentioned prix de Diane for friendly soul and sea just in time hasn’t been entered in the musidora like I was hoping

There was a bit of sea of class about the way sea just in time won

She’s in at Newbury on Saturday in a race that sea of class won, so will have to see but that seems very close for the oaks to be the plan

Participant
    • Total Posts 31975

I think if either of the Pretty Polly one two are entered in the Oaks they’d have a great chance.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 31975

If Friendly Soul wins the Musidora I can see Gosden being more inclined to supplement than he was after the Pretty Polly… Since his then second fav for the Oaks – Danielle – disappointed at Lingfield.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3851

I just had a look at the 15 declared fillies. The OP on this thread mentioned Opera Singer at 11/1, she is 33/1 right now and makes some EW appeal at that price.

Forest Fairy (8/1) and You Got to Me (14/1) will be my other Oaks bets, just hoping that this year’s British dominance will continue next weekend as well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4466

Unless Opera Singer has little more than an exercise canter tomorrow, which is highly unlikely, it’s hard to see her being turned out again just five days later.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3851

I know Gladders, but why does he leave her in? If she runs on Sunday there is no way she’ll be in the Oaks on Friday. She has the right ground for her “home” Guineas, that’s were she’s running.

Makes no sense to throw money away just because the price 33/1, but the way she drew clear in the Marcel Boussac she left the impression to be ideally suited by 10+ furlongs. Maybe they’ll aim her at the Prix Diane.

Her dam gave birth to four horses with an OR of 109, 111, 116 and 118. That’s a very decent pedigree….

Participant
    • Total Posts 2162

There’s a few in this and run today Ylang Ylang being another I noticed

Vf x

Viewing 16 posts - 103 through 118 (of 118 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.