The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Nothing Gained 7

Home Forums Tipping and Research Daily Lays And Plays Nothing Gained 7

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 180 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17610

Oak Tree Stakes
    Agincourt, Boomer
    70p Reverse Exacta

-£20.70

• Total Posts 17610

Golden Mile
    Afaak, Sir Busker
    60p Reverse Exacta

-£21.90

• Total Posts 17610

1745 Galway
    Western Boy, Nibblers Charm
    50p Reverse Forecast

-£22.90

• Total Posts 17610

Guiness Hurdle
    Plinth, Recent Revelations, Great White Shark
    20p Combination Forecasts and Tricasts

-£25.30

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7835

What reason did they give for The Storyteller pulling up the other day?

• Total Posts 17610

I think it was an early mistake moe, but whatever it was, didn’t do him any harm did it. I have a more cynical view on it though lol

I sat this race out in the end, but 100-30???

I’d have bet him at those odds.

• Total Posts 17610

Galway Blazers
    Portmore Lough, Reach Up
    45p Reverse Forecast

-£26.20

• Total Posts 17610

Much much better today, with Great White Shark 8’s and Nibblers Charm 18’s, both getting the job done, while I made a good few quid from Afaak.

Particularly delighted with Nibblers, as he was a late replacement for the The Mouse Doctor, who was withdrawn.

Born By The Sea was a profit as well, but I wasn’t particularly happy with the ride he got, so that was bittersweet.

I sat out The Arthur Guiness Chase, as Moonshine Bay didn’t appeal around 10’s, and I missed The Storyteller at an unreal 100-30. I didn’t even have him in the perms as planned, as I had too many selections, and didn’t do any.

Of the losers, Portmore Lough and Western Boy were the most costly. I reckon Portmore Lough would’ve won that, but you gotta jump.

Recent Revelations and Agincourt were smaller, as there were obvious question marks. Question marks which unfortunately remain.

Boomer, Sir Busker, and Reach Up we’re smaller again, but regardless of size of bet, they were still very poor selections.

It was a tough, busy day, so very happy to come out ahead.

• Total Posts 17610

Thankfully not as busy on Saturday, but still some very decent racing.

Goodwood obviously takes centre stage with one of the big races of the season, The Stewards Cup.

I’ve decided to go with Mr Lupton and Gulliver, both are drifting, and I’ll definitely be taking advantage of the seven places.

In The Consolation I’m on a nice price with Tommy G, while I’ll definitely be topping up on Spirited Guest.

I had a small bet on Snow a fortnight ago, and she was just poor. I’m betting her just now for The Lillie Langtry around 6’s, as it’s an absolutely desperate renewal.

In the last, Overwrite is worth another go, especially back in trip, and should go close.

At Galway, Yuften looks far too big in the 1545, while the promising claimer could make a big difference for last time winner, Next In Line, in the 1615.

The 1715 is a cracker, and Lynwood Gold looks big, but I’ll probably side with Tudor City, just over his stablemate Melburnian.

Stewards Consolation
    Tommy G 7’s
    Spirited Guest EW 5 Places

Lillie Langtry
    Snow 6’s

Stewards Cup
    Mr Lupton EW 7 Places
    Gulliver EW 7 Places

1545 Galway
    Yuften EW 5 Places

1615 Galway
    Next In Line

1710 Goodwood
    Overwrite

1715 Galway
    Tudor City

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2579

I bet Born By The Sea also Bobby, I couldn’t make my mind up whether it was the ride, the horse stopping in front or a mix of the two lol

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

• Total Posts 17610

I’m really not one for the jockey bashing Jack, but I’ll do it now and then, I just thought he could have been a bit more animated, I think he thought he had it won.

• Total Posts 17610

Couple of Non Runners now. Haven’t replaced Yuften yet, but I’ve replaced Tudor City with Lynwood Gold, and Melburnian.

Stewards Cup
    Mr Lupton, Gulliver
    40p Reverse Exacta

-£27

• Total Posts 17610

1715 Galway
    Melburnian, Lynwood Gold
    70p Reverse Forecast

-£28.40

• Total Posts 17610

Almost got out ahead today, with Next In Line winning at 16’s, and a very nice profit from Overwrite, but unfortunately my bets in The Stewards Cup were much bigger, and if I have a losing Stewards Cup, I’ll tend to have a losing day.

No complaints though with the big race, deserving winner, and my two were beaten fair and square.

Not too bothered with the others, though Tommy G was a bit of a disappointment, though with Spirited Guest a non runner, it was less costly than it would have been.

Snow was a smaller bet as well, but I deserved a loser for betting in a drab race like that, not sure what I was thinking, races like that are a total turn off.

Anyway, one more day of Galway to go, and very happy to tackle it, but perhaps one to sleep on.

• Total Posts 17610

Final day of Galway then, and a good card to round it off.

I’m most looking forward to seeing Bigbadandbeautiful in the penultimate race. If she keeps drifting I’d consider her, but how big will she go, even up against Buildmeupbuttercup?

The big race is The Ahonoora Handicap, and although high enough in the weights, Cyrus Dallin caught my eye last time, and he’ll like this ground. Maybe not weighted to win, but looks to have EW possibilities. Katiymann, who I bet occasionally, was considered, and might be a late one, but the draw is a concern, but she is due. Problem with her is that there’s a bit of blue about, and that might twist my arm about going early, but I’m not 100% convinced about her.

I’ve got to have a bet in the last of the meeting, and Born By The Sea picks himself.

Away from Galway, there’s interest at Newcastle and Cork.

Stylehunter ran a cracker in The Hunt Cup last year, having blown the start, and now with Ed and Simon Crisford, he’s very interesting at Newcastle.

At Cork, one of my notebook horses is out, Chief of Police. I really wanted to bet him at a bigger price, but he’s got a chance today, so I’ll go with it.

There’s a few others who I’ll have an eye on, and Trees Valley is a big enough price on handicap debut, and Aunt Eileen, who was an unlucky loser last time, is a very fair price to at least make the frame.

1500 Cork – Trees Valley
    1525 Newcastle – Stylehunter
    1530 Cork – Aunt Eileen EW 5 Places
    1605 Cork – Chief of Police
    1620 Galway – Cyrus Dallin EW 5 Places
    1750 Galway – Born By The Sea

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 180 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.